+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by kurrupt_1 just connect your iPhone to iTunes and update to 2.02. Then run quickpwn using the 2.01 firmware. You will still be unlocked and jailbroken. Works perfectly
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurrupt_1 View Post
    just connect your iPhone to iTunes and update to 2.02. Then run quickpwn using the 2.01 firmware. You will still be unlocked and jailbroken.
    Works perfectly - I can confirm I now have a Jailbroken, activated 2.0.2 1st gen iphone...........Many Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sf-iphone View Post
    Quick question, in this line, if I delete the log files, will I stay on original logos or not?
    If you delete the logo and recover .png it will use the default which is the apple logo for booting and the cable for recovery.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kurrupt_1 For This Useful Post:

sf-iphone (08-20-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djck View Post
    It is a 2G Iphone, My carrier is Chess (Netcom), I am using a PC, It was unlocked with ziphone before, running 1.4, upgraded to 2.1 using Itunes, and Jailbroked it using Quickpwn
    Quote Originally Posted by herex View Post
    I used QP to upgrade my iphone 2g from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1. as the process finished everything looked right except that I have no service on it. i says no signal whereas all the other work (wifi, cydia, and other applications). anyone has any solution to my problem,?

It seems I'm not the only one to have this problem. I did the same thing the djck did and stuck with no service
    Means your phone didn't get unlocked. I would strongly suggest using winpwn (not QP) and do a full restore (DFU mode) using a custom 2.0.1 firmware built with winpwn. You need to undo the damage to your baseband caused by ziPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by ernestm View Post
    But installer is not part of quickpwn. How you get it installed. This is what I try to figure out for 2 days. I see Cydia with really small amount of applications and have no idea where to find or how to installInstaller. I am using 2G, but will need same for 3G. All my phones 2.02
    Trust me... there is absolutely nothing on Installer. I've removed it from my phone because it takes up space. Stay with Cydia, it'll cause you less grief. It's not the same as the pre-app store days. Installer is buggy and crashes too often. There are only around 10 apps on it (at most).
    Last edited by imode; 08-20-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sf-iphone View Post
    Quick question, in this line, if I delete the logo files, will I stay on original logos or not?
    Yes, if you remove the "-b logo.png -r recovery.png" portion of the .bat file.

To tell you the truth, that is exactly why I tried to figure that out. I wanted the Installer.tar.gz to load without having to SSH into my iPhone, AND I wanted some logos that I had made. Was having a lot of trouble with it, until I figured out the whole PNG-24/transparency thing. Which I did by reading both here and at macrumors.

Good luck!
    OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurrupt_1 View Post
    If you delete the logo and recover .png it will use the default which is the apple logo for booting and the cable for recovery.
    Thank you!
    That was actually the only thing I didn't like about this procedure to go on 2.0.2; the ugly logos!

Thanks

you can always make your own logos with gimp.

Thanks

I'm the only one with an iTouch?

I used QuickPwn GUI. Got to the Pineapple screen. Then iTunes picked it up and started to restore it. Now I'm on the apple screen while my iTunes is preparing to restore my iPod. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

So if I've already updated to 2.0.2 and haven't jailbroken at all yet, can I just download the 2.0.1 IPSW and downgrade via quickpwn?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unknowna1 View Post
    i believe this just jailbreaks the iphone 3g 2.0.2 not unlock it???
    can someone please clearify for me.

Thank you
    just read the first post...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm perfectly fine with the custom firmware way.
    I actually like being able to use your own boot logo.
    Also the partition resizing is nice not really needed though.
    I like having a nice clean fresh start with the restore.
    Also I think it's very simple.

I've used QuickPWN and it works.

But I don't think it has custom boot logo's right?

Thanks

correct, no custom boot logos within quickpwn. If you want custom you have to male them yourself. Oryou can find them online and replace to logo and recovery in quickpwn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got 2.0.2 but my phone isn't working, I could not make/receive any calls. Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RealRitzcracker View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with the custom firmware way.
    I actually like being able to use your own boot logo.
    Also the partition resizing is nice not really needed though.
    I like having a nice clean fresh start with the restore.
    Also I think it's very simple.

I've used QuickPWN and it works.

But I don't think it has custom boot logo's right?
    The boot logo's have to be replaced manually.

I see some enhancements need to be added to this GUI.

The boot and recovery logos and some other enhancements would make it better.

Maybe Something like this:

Last edited by bklynjava; 08-20-2008 at 10:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please read! I have a problem with my iphone after using quickpwn, I have googled it and searched every forum in 3 days now, but no one seems to have an answer at all to it

My iphone is an 2G Version, I had an Jailbroken 1.1.4 version (ziphone jailbroken one). I upgraded my phone using Itunes to 2.1, and jaibroked it using quickpwn. Everything worked great, but my carrier signal was gone + i could not copy contacts from sim. Ive tried to do this several times, but ends up with the same problem. I am from norway, my carrier is netcom. I really hope someone have a solution for me so i can start using my phone again

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djck View Post
    Please read! I have a problem with my iphone after using quickpwn, I have googled it and searched every forum in 3 days now, but no one seems to have an answer at all to it

My iphone is an 2G Version, I had an Jailbroken 1.1.4 version (ziphone jailbroken one). I upgraded my phone using Itunes to 2.1, and jaibroked it using quickpwn. Everything worked great, but my carrier signal was gone + i could not copy contacts from sim. Ive tried to do this several times, but ends up with the same problem. I am from norway, my carrier is netcom. I really hope someone have a solution for me so i can start using my phone again
    Did you read my reply to you at all? You have to do a DFU restore of a winpwn'd firmware. Download, 2.0.1 firmware, download winpwn follow the instructions. If that doesn't work then follow any guide for revirginizing your firmware. You have to remove the ziphone modifications to the baseband BEFORE running pwn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay honestly I've looked high and low. I have a iPod touch, and it's on firmware 2.0.1 and I want to jailbreak it. I havethe ipsw and quickpwn GUI, I'm using a pc. When it says to put my iPod in dfu mode, I start the process. And it does not go into dfu mode for crap. My iPod just turns on like regularly, and my computer recognizes it, but quickpwn closes the little black screen on my computer and I have to start over. I have beendoing this repeatedly for 2 hours. All I want is to finish the process!!!! Help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

bobbymarc ur not putting it in DFU the right way..follow the instructions on the black screen correctly to put it in DFU. That is one of everyone's biggest problems now....they changed the way to put ur phone into DFU mode now. Like i said follow the instructions on the black screen thru quickpwn

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonm253 For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (08-23-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that's the thing I was following the instructions for the first twenty tries. Then I looked arroind for other ways nothing. Maybe if I update to 2.0.2 then jailbreak with quickpwn with 2.0.1 ipsw. But I'll give it another try. Thanks jasonm253

a1r
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay man i am so confused right now. I currently have a unlocked iphone first gen unlocked with iliberty and i have so many stories on how to use winpwn but i dont know which to believe. Can someone give me a straight forward guide to upgrade to which firmware i can have unlocked but still have app store and cydia and stuff.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a1r View Post
    okay man i am so confused right now. I currently have a unlocked iphone first gen unlocked with iliberty and i have so many stories on how to use winpwn but i dont know which to believe. Can someone give me a straight forward guide to upgrade to which firmware i can have unlocked but still have app store and cydia and stuff.
    #*!% just read the first post!
    Last edited by imode; 08-21-2008 at 02:12 AM.

+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast