+ Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I would have to say im happy with quickpwn. I had problems with the preferences app downloaded off installer. the only bug that bothers me with installer is that sometimes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would have to say im happy with quickpwn. I had problems with the preferences app downloaded off installer. the only bug that bothers me with installer is that sometimes you uninstall an application through installer, but the application is still installed and isn't in installer for you to uninstall. quickpwn offers a really fast solution to pwning/restoring. took me about 5 minutes to pwn my phone. Honestly I suggest if you're going to download something on installer make sure its something that you actually need, rather then just to try. Cydia currently is much more stable than installer. and yes i did an official upgrade to 2.0.2 and then pwnd with the 2.0.1 and it worked. I'm running a 2.0.2 pwnd. Thanks alot guys!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    ^AGREED^ The problem now I think is when ever you read a post or go back to a post there are so many q's from new members asking q's that have been answered in previous pages, Its a shame that ppl just don't take 5 mins to read, (a lot less time writing a post and then waiting for an answer) when the answer is right before your eyes.
    What MMi should do, is not allow users with less than 20 posts to post in the News Sections where releases like QuickPWN and PWNAGE are made. I know it's harsh. But some people are idiots and instead of reading they just want the answer handed to them. Hell I only ask a problematic question if I've searched a and searched with no results.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Default QuickPwn: Getting Installer on your iPhone
    And if you want to run the Quickpwn version and have installer installed, do this...

Open up the quickpwn folder.

Right click on the version of iphone or ipod you want to jailbreak and click EDIT.

The file will open up in notepad!

If you look down you will see a line that says: (below using iPod as example but with iPhone it is exactly the same!)

quickpwn "iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw" n45ap -b logo.png -r recovery.png Cydia.tar.gz

Just add Installer.tar.gz after the Cydia.tar.gz. include a space.

So it will look like this:

quickpwn "iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw" n45ap -b logo.png -r recovery.png Cydia.tar.gz Installer.tar.gz

Finally, download a copy of Quickpwn GUI. Use Uniextract.exe (google it!) to open up the file and copy the Installer.tar.gz file to the Quickpwn folder.

I really have no idea why you'd want to do that, but it works.

Peace.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i believe this just jailbreaks the iphone 3g 2.0.2 not unlock it???
    can someone please clearify for me.

Thank you

Thanks

You are correct, just do a quick search and you will get all the answers you need.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Just did the 2.0.2 update from 2.0.1 3g jailbroken iphone. Then did the quikpwn with the 2.0.1 fw. everything is running smooth and fast and i'm about to test installer and cydia to see how there working. Much love for who ever found this easy work around.
    But installer is not part of quickpwn. How you get it installed. This is what I try to figure out for 2 days. I see Cydia with really small amount of applications and have no idea where to find or how to installInstaller. I am using 2G, but will need same for 3G. All my phones 2.02

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ssh into the phone and upload installer to the application directory how hard is that ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ernestm View Post
    But installer is not part of quickpwn. How you get it installed. This is what I try to figure out for 2 days. I see Cydia with really small amount of applications and have no idea where to find or how to installInstaller. I am using 2G, but will need same for 3G. All my phones 2.02
    Well maybe they've updated it, because I just downloaded QuickPWN from Dev's site, ran the program, and I have both Installer and Cydia on 2.0.2

Installer was an option for me?

Anyways, great work with this jailbreak, truly the best so far, everytime I tried custom restores, I was never satisfied. Now I ran this nifty little program, and boom! Freakin' awesome!
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Thanks

For all of you who have a problem with Noobs asking questions, I think maybe a link on the News GUI (or a sticky) on the latest install instructions, download site, revsion number, and issues list could cut down the questions.

As an advocate for searching and research myself, you will never get rid of the Noob questions... all you can do is limit them or not allow them at all (which defeats the puprose of site).

Thanks

How do you change the boot logo with the new GUI?

Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    ssh into the phone and upload installer to the application directory how hard is that ?
    Is that a question or a comment? It looks like a question but sounds like a comment!
    Last edited by kurrupt_1; 08-20-2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

Thanks

Guys,

Can anyone please give me a step by step guide on how to upgrade my 2g 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 - my phone is pwned and jailbroken. (I'm running Vista)

Thanks in advance

Thanks

just connect your iPhone to iTunes and update to 2.02. Then run quickpwn using the 2.01 firmware. You will still be unlocked and jailbroken.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurrupt_1 View Post
    just connect your iPhone to iTunes and update to 2.02. Then run quickpwn using the 2.01 firmware. You will still be unlocked and jailbroken.
    Hi,

Many Thanks for your reply - do you happen to have a download link for firmware 2.01?

Thanks again

Thanks

Last edited by kurrupt_1; 08-20-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: 2.0.1

Thanks

Thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    Thanks again
    you can thank me by hitting my thanks button...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kurrupt_1 For This Useful Post:

ady199 (08-20-2008), FTBoomer (08-22-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just want to add my 2 cent. I update my fw to 2.0.1 and did the quickpwn gui. took 10 min, works great.

mine is 3g 16gb black.

Thanks

you can even update to 2.0.2 if you wanted to to get whatever bug fixes that are in that firmware and do the quickpwn using the 2.0.1. The device will still be on 2.0.2 afterwards.

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

it works but I when I did it it worked fine but my iPhone wasn't activated and when I rebooted my iPhone just showed the pineapple and nothing more
    Do any one had happend that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    And if you want to run the Quickpwn version and have installer installed, do this...

Open up the quickpwn folder.

Right click on the version of iphone or ipod you want to jailbreak and click EDIT.

The file will open up in notepad!

If you look down you will see a line that says: (below using iPod as example but with iPhone it is exactly the same!)

quickpwn "iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw" n45ap -b logo.png -r recovery.png Cydia.tar.gz

Just add Installer.tar.gz after the Cydia.tar.gz. include a space.

So it will look like this:

quickpwn "iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw" n45ap -b logo.png -r recovery.png Cydia.tar.gz Installer.tar.gz

Finally, download a copy of Quickpwn GUI. Use Uniextract.exe (google it!) to open up the file and copy the Installer.tar.gz file to the Quickpwn folder.

I really have no idea why you'd want to do that, but it works.

Peace.
    Quick question, in this line, if I delete the logo files, will I stay on original logos or not?
    Last edited by sf-iphone; 08-20-2008 at 03:31 PM.

+ Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast