+ Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by TahBOSS I just updated via itunes and everything works fine? Wow. I am on 2.0.2 T-Mobile Unlocked Iphone 2G Of course... you will still be unlocked but
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TahBOSS View Post
    I just updated via itunes and everything works fine? Wow. I am on 2.0.2 T-Mobile Unlocked Iphone 2G
    Of course... you will still be unlocked but the phone will no longer be jailbroken.

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone find out how to change the pineapple logo on startup? its not really that big a deal but id like to go back to the stock apple.

Thanks

Thankz you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dssdude View Post
    Quickpwn GUI Procedure for Iphone 3G 2.0.1 pwn

1. Download 2.0.2 firmware
    2. Upgrade to 2.0.2 on Itunes using SHIFT key and pressing the UPDATE button.
    - I did not previously downloaded the 2.0.2 firmware, so I just press Update.
    - First, itunes will make a copy of your iphone, mine takes about and hour to copy.
    - Then it will start the upgrade process.
    - Mine got error -1 and did not finished. I had to reset it and got into RESTORE mode.
    - It took over 2 hours the full upgrade-restore thing, because I did not SHIFT-UPGRADE...

2. Close these itunes programs:
    - itunes
    - ituneshelper
    3. Run Quickpwn GUI or quickpwn to jailbreak
    - REMEMBER, its Quickpwnd GUI, not just Quickpwn. They are different.
    4. Place a copy of the 2.0.1 firmware on the same directory
    - Don't worry, it will left firware 2.0.2 on the iphone.
    5. Follow the onscreen instructions

That's it, worked for me ! Iphone 3G, 2.0.2 + cydia + Installer
    thanks this worked except that i had to use quickpawn not the gui one. the gui one did not work for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this also unlock iphone non-3G as well?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default i can also confirm
    I am on Rogers in Canada and am running 2.02 on my 3G iPhone and have jailbroken it with the original quickpwn and have cydia installed on it along wit lots of cydia programs. but can someone explain to me where you can get installer???

I want to have installer on my phone as well just incase ppl start putting programs on it again.

Do i have to ssh installer onto my phone? if so where does it go? And if not where can i get it now that i have 3G with 2.02 and cydia,

Any info would be greatly apprecieated.................

Regards.
    THE CANADIAN.............EH

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    To be honest, have to agree with people that noobs are getting to be an irritant. Yes, I was a noob as well at one time but at least I read as much as I could and SEARCHED for answers first before posting! Tired of seeing "How come I get an Error 6 (or 1601 etc)?" When the solution has been posted 1 million times!!!

People, the iPhone is not toy. You are not making a Lego spaceship. Learn about it first before messing with it. The answer to more than 50% of the noob questions are always in THE FIRST POST. READ PEOPLE!!!! Tired of people whining that "I bricked my phone"

Here is how to be a bad noob:

1. unbox iPhone and throw away manual
    2. logon to MMi read only the subject line of the news posts and ignore everything else.
    3. click on any download link and try to run whatever software is posted even it is new, contains bugs and you have no idea what it does
    4. Don't read any of the posts in the thread
    5. Don't do any searches when faced with a problem
    6. Whine, scream, kick and post stuff like: I installed X and now my phone doesn't work. What is DFU mode?
    7. Or: "I tried it and it doesn't work" without saying what OS, what iPhone etc.
    8. Complaining there is no guide available 5 minutes after new jailbreak software has come out.

Here is how to be a good noob:

1. Spend time with your iPhone first, read about the various components and how they function
    2. Lurk around the forums and news posts reading as much as you can
    3. Wait a few days before trying new software so that any possible issue you might have gets solved before you try it.
    4. If you get stuck, search MMi and Google (or whatever) to look for possible solutions
    5. Finally if really stuck, post with as much information as possible. Also, say truthfully that you've read all the posts, guides etcs and need help.

Just have to say the lego spaceship made me laugh my ***** off!!!!! You have finally had the guts to say what alot of ppl on here have wanted to say in a long time
    Last edited by 1_iPhone_Lovin_Canadian; 08-19-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i read through this whole thread and couldnt find an answer to this one...

i increased my partition size using winpwn. Since the 2.0.2 update doesnt erase any music is my assumption that my custom partition size will remain after the update correct?

can anyone confirm who had changed partition size and did the quickpwn?

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

there is no reason to have installer...every app in installer is in cydia...it's ok..cydia doesn't bite!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I jailbroke my 3g iphone perfectly today, but for some reason when i try downloading certain programs on cydia my phone goes back to the pineapple logo and i cant do anything to it until i plug it back in my pc and just try and jailbreak it again. it has happend twice now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it works fine with the 2.0.2 update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have now done everything by the book, but i have a new problem, after using quickpwn, I cant make calls because it cant find my network.. Is there a setting to fix this, or is it a bug? PLEASE help, i want my iphone back!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djck View Post
    I have now done everything by the book, but i have a new problem, after using quickpwn, I cant make calls because it cant find my network.. Is there a setting to fix this, or is it a bug? PLEASE help, i want my iphone back!
    dude... you gotta post more info or no one will be able to help you.

Is it a 2G or 3G phone? Which carrier are you using? Are you on a Mac or a PC (I'll assume PC)? What version of the firmware did you try? If it was unlocked before which method did you use?
    Last edited by imode; 08-20-2008 at 01:18 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It is a 2G Iphone, My carrier is Chess (Netcom), I am using a PC, It was unlocked with ziphone before, running 1.4, upgraded to 2.1 using Itunes, and Jailbroked it using Quickpwn

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help needed!!!!
    I used QP to upgrade my iphone 2g from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1. as the process finished everything looked right except that I have no service on it. i says no signal whereas all the other work (wifi, cydia, and other applications). anyone has any solution to my problem,?

It seems I'm not the only one to have this problem. I did the same thing the djck did and stuck with no service
    Last edited by herex; 08-20-2008 at 06:23 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dssdude View Post
    Quickpwn GUI Procedure for Iphone 3G 2.0.1 pwn

1. Download 2.0.2 firmware
    2. Upgrade to 2.0.2 on Itunes using SHIFT key and pressing the UPDATE button.
    - I did not previously downloaded the 2.0.2 firmware, so I just press Update.
    - First, itunes will make a copy of your iphone, mine takes about and hour to copy.
    - Then it will start the upgrade process.
    - Mine got error -1 and did not finished. I had to reset it and got into RESTORE mode.
    - It took over 2 hours the full upgrade-restore thing, because I did not SHIFT-UPGRADE...

2. Close these itunes programs:
    - itunes
    - ituneshelper
    3. Run Quickpwn GUI or quickpwn to jailbreak
    - REMEMBER, its Quickpwnd GUI, not just Quickpwn. They are different.
    4. Place a copy of the 2.0.1 firmware on the same directory
    - Don't worry, it will left firware 2.0.2 on the iphone.
    5. Follow the onscreen instructions

That's it, worked for me ! Iphone 3G, 2.0.2 + cydia + Installer
    Thanks but can anyone write a procedure for 2G??

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When guides say "no display" when it's in DFU mode, does a white screen count? or a lil spinning wheel at the bottom of your screen?
    After a while the iphone vibrates twice and turns on.
    The process in cmd starts running as soon as the pc beeps, that means its in DFU right?
    But its stuck on Please wait while your iphone is being jailbroken
    Installer and Cydia show up while showing the above text.
    Last edited by jjustme; 08-20-2008 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks

iMode69: I'm with you on this. Seriously. I had bee through 3 upgrades and 2 jailbreaks before I even posted. Learned the "STFA" ettiquette from years of reading and posting on automotive lists and boards. I can probably count on one hand the number of questions i asked in a post.
    If you aren't sure about something. Don't do it. I read these boards before I even bought my 2g and did not jailbreak it at 1.0.2. Seemed too risky at the time. I was one of the first to do it at 1.1.1 with the good old jailbreakme.com. 1.1.2 was complex but there were great guides and I had no issues. Probably 1.1.3 was the most problematic for me as I had to do it 3 times. Interpreting some of the guides was hard as u tend to overthink things. I also tried to cut corners. What really messed me up on 1.1.3 was notjailbreak related but what I did afterwards. Not rebooting after installing summerbiard and applying a new theme - restore. Then adding mor than the required number if apps - restore. Then I read how ssh'ing in and deleting the app saves it.
    My point is read and learn. Don't expect things to be east and perfect. You can always restore and try over. Fir anyone needing unlock well know the risk. It's like in amateur motorsports, if you wreck the car on the track, you can't expect insurance to cover it. If you can't afford to fix it I'd a new car, don't do it. Same with the iPhone. If you can't afford to lose the phone and don't have a spare, proceed with extreme caution.

Thanks

^AGREED^ The problem now I think is when ever you read a post or go back to a post there are so many q's from new members asking q's that have been answered in previous pages, Its a shame that ppl just don't take 5 mins to read, (a lot less time writing a post and then waiting for an answer) when the answer is right before your eyes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a quick post to remind people on PWND 2.0 iPhones that you can use installer 4 without using winpwn, pwnage, quickpwn, etc by going to this site and downloading installer 4 and manually installing it using winscp and editing it using putty.

It works fine for me and also this is useful for people who have got a lot of apps and don't want to go though the process of having to upgrade, pwn and install all thier apps again.

Cheers.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcast View Post
    anyone find out how to change the pineapple logo on startup? its not really that big a deal but id like to go back to the stock apple.
    I want to know that aswell, that's the only reason I'm not jailbreaking yet, Yes the only reason. The appearence of the iPhone matters more than the features or apps lol.

I thought of deleting the two .png files in the QuickPwn folder but there was no Installer in it, but then came along QuickPwnGUI which does have Installer.

So I'm on 2.0.2 using 2G iPhone, officially activated. I was going to use QuickPwnGUI using the 2.0.1FW but keeping my iPhone on 2.0.2.

In short, are the boot logo and recovery logo of the pineapple and S.J?? If so, how do you go back to stock logos??

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

+ Reply
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast