Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]

what would you like me to add ? I am the author, i just did yet another phone..

update to 2.0.2 with itunes
    shutdown services
    start bat file click y
    put into dfu mode and let it do its job that it

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    From what I've read in order to get up to 2.0.2 you have to upgrade in iTunes to 2.0.2 then use the 2.0.1 firmware to Quickpwn the phone and you SHOULD end up at 2.0.2 pwned. There are Installer issues though.
    I think the installer problem may be related to the firmware not being recognized by installer? I added in all the installer 4 repos manually and while it does refresh them, it shows no packages.

Just to test it, I added in big bosses pre-2.0 repo and that one refreshed and then did list all the packages. Of course none of them install since they are for pre-firmware 2.x, but they show up. So, its not that the app is not working, its just not listing anything on the 4.0 repo's for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Whats so different about this method of altering a firmware from what ZiPhone did other than ZiPhone did it directly on the phone, and how come they claim is is ultra safe when the said ZiPhone was not. Id be interested to hear ?
    Ziphone is an @hole plain and simple. sell out.

this works with 2.0.0?

Will it work with VMWare Fusion (XP)?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Could someone please help me understand how upgrades should work now and in the future? When we upgrade a NON-jailbroken vanilla iphone from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, all regular settings and regular apps are reinstalled saved perfectly. What happens when you upgrade a jail broken phone from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 (then re-jailbreak it) I'm assuming all standard apps/data are saved/restored, but jailbroken items are all lost? Do we lose all cydia installed apps+customizations/data every time we upgrade? Any way to backup stuff over SSH? I dont mind reinstalling but I want to learn all my options as I hop on the jailbreak train here. With all the various ways to jailbreak your phone, it's hard to get solid info on what the current best practices are. The biggest reason I didnt bother jailbreaking before was it didnt seem worth the effort. Now that's is easy to do via quickpwn, and i've played with the powerful cydia apps/tweaks/utils I'm hooked.
    Last edited by JazJon; 08-19-2008 at 01:10 PM.

It's hanging on the screen with the pineapple. How long is it supposed to be on that screen and/or what am I doing wrong that it's staying on that screen forever?

Probably the best jb I've seen so far. Glad I held out on jailbreaking my 3g until quickpwn came out.
    Rayguns, mine hung on the pineapple screen for about 8 mins or so.

give it about 60-120 seconds on the pineapple

im getting an error during the last step after putting the phone into DFU it flashes some apology and shuts the program down while my phone is still in DFU mode.

if i want to restore my phone to 2.0.1 official then quickpwn it do i have to use the DFU mode then shift click the official 2.0.1 from itunes or can i do it without DFU?

no u need dfu try a different pc and itunes 7.7.0

My GOD the n00bery going on here is just astounding! Did everyone suddenly go Idiocracy between iPhone 1.0 and iPhone 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by stupiduser View Post
    hi guys,

can anyone of u tell me is your iphone youtube working?

my not working at all when i tried both quickpwn and quickpwn GUI... it keep prompt this when i open up Youtube : "You must first connect to iTunes with an internet connection to enable YouTube.."

sad
    Working like a charm on 2.0.1 quickpwned 3G iphone. ;-P
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 08-19-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ritualdevice View Post
    My GOD the n00bery going on here is just astounding! Did everyone suddenly go Idiocracy between iPhone 1.0 and iPhone 2.0?
    Hey, have respect for those who has other things to do in life than playing with their iPhone.

If I can, I share knowledge but if I don't have a clue, I really appreciate having the help even if it's really basic.

***Everyone was a newbie once...

Quote Originally Posted by ritualdevice View Post
    I was just thinking that trying to mush through the thread. Oy.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

upgrade via itunes to 2.0.2 then use quickpwn and 2.0.1 to jailbreak. the phone will stay at version 2.0.2

After this procedure, (2.0.2 pwnd using the 2.0.1 quickpwn) no one had freezing issue or other?

Default Help Me.
    I have a 2G phone. Instead of Updating to 2.0.2, I accidentally did a Restore and now I am stuck. My phone is completely locked. I was using my phone on TMobile.

Is it possible to downgrade it to 2.0 or 2.0.1. Or is there any way to unlock the 2.0.2.

When I do a Shift+ restore ans select 2.0.1, I get Unknown error 1600.

What should I do.

Deep Trouble.

Please help !!

Quote Originally Posted by sf-iphone View Post
    After this procedure, (2.0.2 pwnd using the 2.0.1 quickpwn) no one had freezing issue or other?
    mine is running so much better... i am doing side by side video review toinght of how the gps works to show the difference... mine is runnning very smooth

Default touch with 2.0.2 Firmware and installed apps
    Hi,

i have installed the 2.0.2 fw via itunes and later some apps from the appstore.

i entered today a lot of stuff in the apps and i would like to keep the data on my touch

can i use quickpwn to jailbreak?

where to get the 2.0.2 firmware-file for the TOUCH? the file 2.0.2 fw-file was installed on my touch without saving it on my hd, so i do not have the file the way QuickPwn needs it.

Any ideas what to do?

IF i have to downgrade to 2.0.1... will i keep the data?

Thanks
    Sto

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast