+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn GUI Released [Windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hey i used this and it jailbroke the phone but it is not unlocked it Icant call anyone. My phone was a 2g iphone dose any one have nay ideas
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i used this and it jailbroke the phone but it is not unlocked it Icant call anyone. My phone was a 2g iphone dose any one have nay ideas on how to unlock the phone part

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zumak View Post
    hey i used this and it jailbroke the phone but it is not unlocked it Icant call anyone. My phone was a 2g iphone dose any one have nay ideas on how to unlock the phone part
    Was your phone ever pwned before? What carrier do you use? Have you tried restarting it a couple times?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a1r View Post
    but can 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 be unlocked?
    wow... just read the first post...

2G yes, 3G no.

Thanks

Quickpwnd! It was so easy. Worked the first time too!
    -Updated to 2.0.2 via iTunes. (first I did "download only" to get the file. Then clicked update to go to 2.0.2)
    -Sync to get a clean back-up. If you haven't jailbroke yet, make sure to sync to have a "clean" file. I have heard about using a jb'd backup can cause bugginess after pwning.
    -Opened quickpwnGUI.
    -Follow the steps. I unchecked "boot logos" to keep the apple...though I wish I could use my previous pwnd logos. But whatever.
    -When it came to following the steps for DFU, I did not. I put my iPod into DFU on my own and then the pwning beagn on its own....
    -The iPod rebooted and I am now 2.0.2 pwnd! You Tube, maps, installer, cydia all work. Including mail.

For those with mail not working, I had to just reenter my password in the mail settings to fix it!

Now DFU: I have used these steps and they have worked EVERY time, the FIRST time. I know it works with my 16g iPod. Phones may be different.

-Turn off the device and wait until it is off.
    -Press BOTH power+home for 10seconds. I count: 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand....
    -After 10-one thousand let go of the POWER button and keep holding the HOME button for about another 10 seconds. Remember don't let go of the power button until you finish 10-one thousand, like before you would count to 11.
    -You will hear the duh-nuh USB sound on PC and the pwning process will begin. Let go of the HOME button. Sit back and relax.

Hope it helps. I know it's helped me.

Thanks

Wow... 13 pages of posts and comments there's only one post asking for the Mac version of the tool. Does this mean that the Mac community is more patient?

Keep up the great work, iPhone Dev team. I know you guys will let us have a Mac tool very soon.

Thanks

Well, with IntelMac we don't really care what the platform is anymore - we have the best of both worlds in one computer!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LukeGab View Post
    I'm the only one with an iTouch?

I used QuickPwn GUI. Got to the Pineapple screen. Then iTunes picked it up and started to restore it. Now I'm on the apple screen while my iTunes is preparing to restore my iPod. Did I do something wrong?
    restoring settings? or restoring firmware? if its the sync/restore youre just fine!! if youre restoring firmware you will have to quickpwn again..

By the way, for the folks with the ultra, already been covered basic questions:
    Logic does go a loooong way in these processes. If you understand how each factor of the process works, meaning what each element does; you can understand what will come next or what is neccessary for your phone to run JB and Unlocked (for 2G users)

Normal Restore = Plug + itunes logo (or custom if pwned)
    DFU = screen blank (black) yet recognized in itunes as in "restore mode" (part of pwning process)
    Jailbreak = ability to customize and load 3rd party apps.
    Unlock = use on any gsm carrier.
    OEM Firmware = Factory Firmwares: non-custom built, not edited.
    ipsw's = firmwares both custom built and OEM (see above)
    Restore Firmware = itunes installed (shift + restored or automatic itunes server)
    Restore Backup = settings (network, wifi, email, contacts, App store apps) through itunes
    Winpwn/Pwnage tool = manually building custom ipsw's for updating firmwares for jailbreaking and/or unlocking
    QuickPwn = Easy to use interface (GUI) jailbreaking only. Requires previous unlocked firmwares or legal At&t contracts (2G, 3G)

Try and really understand what these items are by researching, reading, and having patience, and you will then really understand what things are supposed to do and be able to do them correctly.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-23-2008 at 07:26 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So do I have to keep reinstalling apps everytime apple makes a new firmware? Kind of a pain in the neck but oh well.

QuickPwn is sweet though! That is a damn fast upgrade.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tango87 View Post
    So do I have to keep reinstalling apps everytime apple makes a new firmware? Kind of a pain in the neck but oh well.

QuickPwn is sweet though! That is a damn fast upgrade.

For installing 3rd party apps yes. for app store programs, technically no.
    You are able to do a backup restore once pwned however Ive noticed more bugs and less performance overall by doing this. I now only set up as a new phone and port my contacts I saved on my pc. Everything else I just re-download and install. It really only takes about 30 minutes to get everything back in order. I'll take the longer set up time over poor performance any day!

Ok I saw another person in this thread had a Youtube issue
    Here's the screenshot of the error. My wife's phone also is having the same issue. I quickpwned my phone already once and I had to re-quickpwn so to speak because Intelliscreen just crippled my phone. The only thing I havent done that I did in the past was restore from a backup, (which my phone is running infinitely better because I havent)
    My question is: Is this something I should do? Is this because itunes hasnt resored this? I havent seen an answer in this thread or anywhere else. Im at work right now but will try and troubleshoot this when I get home. Hopefully somone here may know why this happened.

And Just so were on the same page, My EDGE settings are configured correctly, wifi runs great.
    Im on the 19.99 Unlimited plan through T Mobile. I started pwning/jailbreaking since firmware 1.1.3 was first introduced. I have a good amount of experience with these phones and I havent been able to resolve it as of yet. we shall see...
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-23-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am really happy with this apps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ugh this wont wen run from me guys. when i start it up it says quickpwn encountered a prblem and needs o close. any help guys? i downloaded the .net framework 3.5 btw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    HELP HELP HELP!!!. I had successfully upgraded my 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 using WINPWN tool and youtube worked fine. I used QuickPWN GUI to jailbreak /upgrade 2.0.2. it worked fine, and upgraded without issues, restored back my iphone settings. however, now it does not run Youtube. It says first run Itune by connecting to internet. and when i run itune, it says, your country does not support Itune music store. So in nutshell Youtube and Itune have stopped working.... Any comments and help will be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Works flawlesly! tnx guys.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    restoring settings? or restoring firmware? if its the sync/restore youre just fine!! if youre restoring firmware you will have to quickpwn again..

By the way, for the folks with the ultra, already been covered basic questions:
    Logic does go a loooong way in these processes. If you understand how each factor of the process works, meaning what each element does; you can understand what will come next or what is neccessary for your phone to run JB and Unlocked (for 2G users)

Normal Restore = Plug + itunes logo (or custom if pwned)
    DFU = screen blank (black) yet recognized in itunes as in "restore mode" (part of pwning process)
    Jailbreak = ability to customize and load 3rd party apps.
    Unlock = use on any gsm carrier.
    OEM Firmware = Factory Firmwares: non-custom built, not edited.
    ipsw's = firmwares both custom built and OEM (see above)
    Restore Firmware = itunes installed (shift + restored or automatic itunes server)
    Restore Backup = settings (network, wifi, email, contacts, App store apps) through itunes
    Winpwn/Pwnage tool = manually building custom ipsw's for updating firmwares for jailbreaking and/or unlocking
    QuickPwn = Easy to use interface (GUI) jailbreaking only. Requires previous unlocked firmwares or legal At&t contracts (2G, 3G)

Try and really understand what these items are by researching, reading, and having patience, and you will then really understand what things are supposed to do and be able to do them correctly.
    You should get this stickied and posted in a beginners learn category, might help out alot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi MUGGZ5, are you able to solve Youtube activation problem. I just re-quickpwned my phone and installed again 2.0.2, but youtube problem remains same.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    Using this quickpwn GUI, how do you change the boot logo and the restore logo pngs?
    I'm trying to figure it out, it was easy with the old quickpwn. Must be simple, I'm so tired I can't think straight. Where's my Monster????

OneRing2Rule

Okay, that didn't work. Thought I had it figured it out. Sheesh. I used Uniextract and opened up the GUI file, switched the pngs and ran the program. But the old logo and recovery pngs were still included. How to switch?

Thanks again!
    OneRing2Rule
    SInce this is only the quickpwn version and not really a custom firmware you can't change the recovery custom images. When the fuller version comes out you can

Quote Originally Posted by sf-iphone View Post
    This is exactly what I want to know also.
    You put the 2.0.1 firmware back in. This just pwns your old firmware for their update.

Quote Originally Posted by vivekpar View Post
    Hi MUGGZ5, are you able to solve Youtube activation problem. I just re-quickpwned my phone and installed again 2.0.2, but youtube problem remains same.

Are you using a 3g phone? Are you an ATT customer? If you are you, make sure you aren't checking the utube activation box during setup.
    Last edited by brikz; 08-25-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brikz View Post
    SInce this is only the quickpwn version and not really a custom firmware you can't change the recovery custom images. When the fuller version comes out you can

You put the 2.0.1 firmware back in. This just pwns your old firmware for their update.

Are you using a 3g phone? Are you an ATT customer? If you are you, make sure you aren't checking the utube activation box during setup.
    Actually you dont have an option at all to build any firmware. There isnt anything you check, including activation (youtube and carrier). The only option you have is whether or not you want Cydia and Installer. My mouth is salivating waiting for WinPwn 2.5 to come out. I just went back to 2.0.1 through winpwn 2.0.0.4 until 2.5 comes out. Youtube isnt activating and Im not able to figure out how to do this right now using quickpwn.
    Because remember, Quickpwn only Jailbreaks it doesnt Unlock.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok so i downloaded the 2.0.1 and the latest version of quickpwn gui i end anything having to do with iphone or itunes through task manager and when i double click on quickppwn icon on my desktop is get the following message "the application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000135) click OK to terminate the application. im running win XP with SP2, any ideas?

never mind i found the solution on page 12
    Last edited by megajuliani; 08-25-2008 at 11:53 AM. Reason: found my answer

Thanks

Hey. This is pretty much a post to everybody. i got sick of reading this so i stopped at page 5.

If anybody needs help just PM me and i will help you out.

thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

after i used winpwn i can't ssh into my directory's like themes, apps, roms, etc..
    the exact error im getting looks something like this
    "error listing directory 'private/var/stash/applications.lsgc.gr" whem i click on the more info tap i get
    "No such file or directory.
    Error code: 2
    Error message from server: No such file
    Request code: 11"

anyone else getting this problem?? tried restoring and stafrting over but keep getting the same problem