+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnySIM 1.1.3 is out - unlock 1.1.3 iPhone's

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you are already on 1.1.3 soft upgraded then this is how you upgrade the baseband. I have officially test this and it worked 100%. go to http://george.zjlotto.com/ at the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are already on 1.1.3 soft upgraded then this is how you upgrade the baseband.
    I have officially test this and it worked 100%.

go to http://george.zjlotto.com/
    at the top of the screen click where it says "pull" and click "secpacks" and download the 1.1.2 secpack.

then go back to the homepage.
    scroll down to where it says "Various Baseband FLS/EEP Files"
    download the files "ICE04.03.13_G.fls" and "ICE04.03.13_G.eep"

then scroll down to where it say "Baseband 04.03.13_G Secpack"
    download "BBupdater" and "ieraser"

then ssh into your phone and put the new anysim under your applications folder.
    then go to your "/" folder and make a new folder named "reflash"
    put all of the files i told you to download in the reflash folder.

then go to installer and download "ulctl" and "Term-vt 100 apps from installer.
    then download "SUID Lib Fix" and "Term-vt1000 SUID Fix"

run ulctl and click the apple commcenter plist and click upload
    close ulctl and run terminal and put in your password for ssh and type the following commands:

cd /
    cd reflash
    chmod 777 *
    ./ieraser
    ./bbupdater -f *fls -e *eep

(let the phone do its thing before you enter the next line)

then after your done type
    reboot

once your phone reboots go to settings, general and make sure auto lock is set to never.

put your phone in airplane mode and run anysim, after it is done you can turn off airplane mode and you are now at the 1.1.3 baseband

you can then ssh into your phone and delete the "reflash" folder.

Last edited by ryan christopher; 02-05-2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lildevil View Post
    Hey Guys,

Would like to just check on something, if i have a 1.13 OTB, can i downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak my way to 1.1.3 again then use anysim?
    Sorry for the Noob question as i dont really understand. Thanks
    sadly you cannot. since you have 1.1.3 OTB, you have bootloader 4.6 which is currently unlockable. You can however downgrade to bootloader 3.9 by hardware...really risky though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

** Use At Your Own Risk...This is Not Done yet...Read Here**

These are instructions on how to unlock your 3.9 Bootloader iPhone with AnySIM 1.3 for use on the 1.1.3 firmware! To follow these directions you must have a 3.9 Bootloader iPhone. This means that your iPhone came with firmware 1.1.1 or lower out of the box.

Use iTunes to update your iPhone to the latest firmware (1.1.3). This will upgrade your modem firmware from 04.02.13G to 04.03.13G.

Go Here To Jailbreak & Unlock 1.1.2 and 1.1.1

Follow this tutorial to soft update to 1.1.3 and therefore retain your jailbreak.

Now that we are at 1.1.3, jailbroken, and with the right baseband we can begin to unlock!

Press to select Settings from the Springboard.

Press to select General from the list of Settings.

Press to select Auto-Lock from the General Menu.

Press to select Never from the Auto-Lock Menu.

Press the Home button to return to your Springboard then press the Installer icon to launch it.

Press the Install tab at the bottom of the screen.

Press to select iClarified from the list of Categories. Go to Sources , Add Sources, Set the source url to http://installer.iClarified.com then press the large OK button,

Press to select anySIM 1.3 from the list of Packages.

Press the Install button at the top right of the screen.

Press the large red Install button that appears.

The anySIM 1.3 will install and then you will be returned to the Categories list. Press the Home button to return to your Springboard.

Notice the new anySIM icon on your Springboard. Before we can unlock we must enable Airplane mode. Press to select Settings from your Springboard.

Slide the Airplane Mode switch to the ON position.

Press the Home button to return back to your Springboard. Press the anySIM icon located on your Springboard.

Press the large OK button to continue past the welcome message.

Slide the Unlock Slider to the right to begin your unlock procedure.

Scroll down and read or don't read the legal information then click the large red OK, Unlock My Phone button.

If the starts are aligned correctly it will work and the phone will recognize your sim. I notice that your phone won't show the carrier unless you restart your phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is why I waited on going ahead with the 1.1.3 "soft-upgrade'.
    My iPhone is currently 1.1.2 unlocked with jailbreakme.com Oktoprep and AnySim1.2.1u. I would love for someone to post a step by step tutorial for going to 1.1.3 now that new AnySim 1.3 is out

Or alternatively if anyone knows the location of an existing tutorial, please let me know

Cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0FreeZ View Post
    This is why I waited on going ahead with the 1.1.3 "soft-upgrade'.
    My iPhone is currently 1.1.2 unlocked with jailbreakme.com Oktoprep and AnySim1.2.1u. I would love for someone to post a step by step tutorial for going to 1.1.3 now that new AnySim 1.3 is out

Or alternatively if anyone knows the location of an existing tutorial, please let me know

Cheers
    heres the link to faithfulaznboys tutorial

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=635

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a 1.1.1 that i accidently upgraded using itunes to 1.1.3. I have looked all over for a way to downgrade and the only one i saw was using windows. My question is what base-band do i have now, and is there a way to go back down from 1.1.3 to a lower version. I tired using itunes and i get (error1) message. thanks....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just took the plunge and it worked great! So is the only benefit of doing this the maps locate feature without the use of a 3rd party app or are the other benefits?

Green Apple
    Thanks

It sounds complicated but since I uploaded the folder with files you need it should take no more than 5-10 min to get all the pieces to gether and run the baseband update.

Once updated you run anysim.
    Alternative is to go up to itunes 113 then back to 111 losing all your stuff in the restore then jb 111 then upgrading to 112 then jb 112 then running the devteam 113 upgrade.

Your choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan christopher View Post
    If you are already on 1.1.3 soft upgraded then this is how you upgrade the baseband.

at the top of the screen click where it says "pull" and click "secpacks" and download the 1.1.2 secpack.

close ulctl and run terminal and put in your password for ssh and type the following commands:

cd /
    cd reflash
    chmod 777 *
    ./ieraser

reboot

once your phone reboots go to settings, general and make sure auto lock is set to never.

put your phone in airplane mode and run anysim, after it is done you can turn off airplane mode and you are now at the 1.1.3 baseband

I followed this guide and it worked great.. other than now I am not getting service- fix anyone?

BBinfo fails to ping the baseband... Is there anything I can do to fix other than restore?
    Last edited by kylerw; 02-05-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan christopher View Post

cd /
    cd reflash
    chmod 777 *
    ./ieraser

reboot

Thanks for copying my previous instructions and bolding them!

Quote Originally Posted by kylerw View Post
    I followed this guide and it worked great.. other than now I am not getting service- fix anyone?

BBinfo fails to ping the baseband... Is there anything I can do to fix other than restore?
    this problem occurred before or after running anysim 1.1.3?
    did you make sure you were in airplane mode prior to launching anysim
    did you unload the commcenter prior to flashing the baseband?

if you skipped either step you probably messed up the baseband and should reflash and do it over
    Last edited by canadoc; 02-05-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneWriter's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll wait for the the official Dev team release and an MMI Wiki/How-To before taking the plunge. I am enjoying my unlock'd v1.1.3 (BL3.9) and don't mind waiting. One thing I know is that when MMI documents a process, it works... and has working hyperlinks and screenshots to help me understand exactly what to expect.

Whenever you're ready PF/Cash... color me patient until then.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have not got the the anysim part of it, but yes... I did unload CommCenter beforehand. WiFi works fine, but no service? Do I still need to reflash? If so, what's the best way to do so?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

soon enough someone will make a installer pack and load it on installer like virginizer or baseband downgrade by unlock.no and then that will solve people problems or at least make people happier

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi
    the described "manual" method (using bbupgrader) worked fine for me - thank you for the howto and relfash.zip.

Maybe OT:
    why noone uses the "official" method which are used for unlocking the 999Euro-SIMLOCK-Free-Phones?
    Has noone analyzed how Apple unlocks the official Phones via iTunes?

regards
    Thorsten

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    What's the source for BBInfo? I can't find it anywhere
    http://www.trejan.com/irepo/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to catriple For This Useful Post:

desmondojose (02-07-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

the easiest way is the iclarified way cuz it invovles going through all the tedious steps you have gone through before with just the addition of going up to 113 in itunes and then starting all over again. Then when back to 11e dev jb you run anysim and finish the job.
    For me it seemd like a lot of work just to get the 113 baseband and in the process lose more than an hour in up and dwongrading and another hour plus reinstalling all my apps and syncing back my music /vids.......

My way of just reflashing the baseband to 113 obviates the need if you are already at devteam 113 upgrade and dont want to go all the way back for the one step.
    And it is reversible in that you can bring the baseband back to 112 if you want by doing the process again but with the seczone from 113 and the fls/eep files from 112.

Mysefl and someone else detailed steps that worked to do the baseband flash. I have neither the time nor the patience to try to do a screen cap upgrade.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

canadoc, i just used your instructions and made them a little more clear. but you deserve the credit for sure
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kylerw View Post
    Have not got the the anysim part of it, but yes... I did unload CommCenter beforehand. WiFi works fine, but no service? Do I still need to reflash? If so, what's the best way to do so?
    well it probably doesnt work cuz right now it is locked!
    just double check that the commcenter reloaded after the reboot. It should have but otherwise you can load it with ulctl.

Once you have flashed the baseband you now have a locked 113 baseband . That is the reason for anysim

Quote Originally Posted by Thorsten Gehrig View Post
    Hi
    the described "manual" method (using bbupgrader) worked fine for me - thank you for the howto and relfash.zip.

Maybe OT:
    why noone uses the "official" method which are used for unlocking the 999Euro-SIMLOCK-Free-Phones?
    Has noone analyzed how Apple unlocks the official Phones via iTunes?

regards
    Thorsten
    From what I have learned, The unlocked Euro phones actually start locked. Then Itunes I think sends the imei information of the phone to Apple's servers which causes some form of unlock. Even this unlock I hear is not complete as putting a sim from Usa in say an unlocked phone from France wont work, but a competig french carrier sim will
    Last edited by canadoc; 02-05-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by pacman126 View Post
    i have a 1.1.1 that i accidently upgraded using itunes to 1.1.3. I have looked all over for a way to downgrade and the only one i saw was using windows. My question is what base-band do i have now, and is there a way to go back down from 1.1.3 to a lower version. I tired using itunes and i get (error1) message. thanks....
    i have the same problem
    any help would be apprecited
    thanks in advanced

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I make sure it was reloaded or do it manually? I've finished through the AnySIM now and have the same results!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast