Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnySIM 1.1.3 is out - unlock 1.1.3 iPhone's

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Geohots Gunlock Script from Installer! 2 minutes only done.
    I just go to Installer with my week 51 (1.1.2 OTB), add Sources with http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo, then at Recent Category, install Geohots Gunlock Script. Also Install BSD Subsystems and Terminal VT100. It takes a few minutes to install the 1.6MB script from George Hotz.

Then Settings to Airplane Mode.

From Terminal VT100, type:

cd /usr/bin
    geounlock

After about 2 minutes later, I got 1.1.2 OTB unlock iPhone. Now no more using x-SIM, can already make phone calls directly using Indonesian Xplor SIM card. Read the More Info of Geohots Gunlock Script before you run the script. It works for 1.1.3 OTB, but with 1.1.2 fls.

Thanks

1. If i unlock my JB 1.1.3 will we be able to upgrade to newer software in th future>>>>

2. The reason i need to unlock my phone is because I have ATT and my work is on Tmobile and the Blackberry Pearl they gave me is hard to use compared to using the iphone for about 7 months now. CAN I SWITCH SIM CARDS ON THE WEEKENDS IF AND USE THE OTHER CARRIER IF NEEDED?
    I'm curious about this as well as i travel overseas fairly often and would like to be able to use a foreign SIM for travel.

The main question I have is this which is still unclear to me after reading the forums and searching. It seems like moist folks were already unlocked at lower firmwares:

If I have a JB 1.1.3 with 3.9 bootloader, originally a 1.0.2 but NEVER UNLOCKED, do I have to go back and downgrade/upgrade again, or can I just run AnySIM?

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I'm curious about this as well as i travel overseas fairly often and would like to be able to use a foreign SIM for travel.

The main question I have is this which is still unclear to me after reading the forums and searching. It seems like moist folks were already unlocked at lower firmwares:

If I have a JB 1.1.3 with 3.9 bootloader, originally a 1.0.2 but NEVER UNLOCKED, do I have to go back and downgrade/upgrade again, or can I just run AnySIM?
    NO not necessarily, if you are jailbroken on 1.1.3 u can just upgrade the baseband and run anysim 1.3

just a tip..

if you still have the auto-lock error in anysim after moving the files like described in the iclarified tutorial, make sure that user mobile is able to read /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist. a chmod/chown should do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavakie View Post
    NO not necessarily, if you are jailbroken on 1.1.3 u can just upgrade the baseband and run anysim 1.3
    Just to be sure I'm correct here, I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone 3.6 bootloader that started out as a 1.0.2. but has never been previously unlocked .I already have the 04.03.13_G baseband. So this means if I want to unlock it, all i have to do is run anySim? Sounds too easy. if so very cool.

Had anybody noticed any problems with carrier signal? I live near GSM transmitter and iPhone always shows full signal, though after using anySIM 1.3 I noticed that sometimes signal is very low. Also today I got sms about missed call, so my iPhone really lost connection for a moment.
    P.S. I have two iPhones in my apt. and the both have the same. Both unlocked using anySIM 1.3. Though baseband of one of them was updated to 1.1.3 using iTunes, another one using Baseband Upgrader in Installer, so methods are different and it seems to be not occasional bug...

Default 1.1.3 soft upgrade from installer
    I was running a 1.1.2 jb and anysim unlocked (was a 1.02 4 GB iPhone).
    I soft upgraded to 1.1.3 using installer and everything went well (15 min.) although it stopped on "attempting to reboot".
    I left it in that situation for 15 more minutes then I turned it off then on and everything was fine.
    I said yes to reset everything so I had a completely empty memory (no video, audio, contacts etc.) so I resync it with iTunes 7.4 (it asked me to recall a previous backup, I said no: I set up a new phone. btw iTunes said it was on 1.1.3)
    The only issue was YouTube: I installed i.unlock.no as repository, then YouTube fix and it started to work (after a reboot).
    iToggle didn't work.
    I then upgraded the modem firmware to 04.03.13_G, installed and run anySim 1.3 (in airplane mode) : after 10 minutes I finally had a 1.1.3 software and modem firmware jb and unlocked iPhone.
    iToggle still doesn't work, but Services yes.
    Locate me is ok too.

I would like to really thanks all the Dev Team guys, MMi staff and iClarify, plus all the members of MMi (it took a lot to follow all discussions on 1.1.3 upgrade ..... but it was helpfull, as usual)

cheers

What is the link to this iClarify tutorial?

Sweet!! It works
    THanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by SvB View Post
    Had anybody noticed any problems with carrier signal? I live near GSM transmitter and iPhone always shows full signal, though after using anySIM 1.3 I noticed that sometimes signal is very low. Also today I got sms about missed call, so my iPhone really lost connection for a moment.
    P.S. I have two iPhones in my apt. and the both have the same. Both unlocked using anySIM 1.3. Though baseband of one of them was updated to 1.1.3 using iTunes, another one using Baseband Upgrader in Installer, so methods are different and it seems to be not occasional bug...

how did u go about unlockin ur phone using anysim1.1.3?
    I really need your help. i tried it with my 3.9 bootloader running 1.1.1
    and i get no signal. installed iworld still no signal

this anysim is for 1.1.3 not 1.1.1

No signal at all?
    I think that you need to repeat all steps again: 1.1.3 downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, update to 1.1.2 jailbreak, dev team 1.1.3 upgrade and finally unlock with anySIM 1.3.
    Anyway, firmware 1.1.3 is very unstable, so you should await everything! So if you really don't need new buggy firmware, the better step to use 1.1.2 with anySIM 1.21u...
    P.S. And really, anySIM 1.3 is *ONLY* for baseband 04.03.13 and firmware 1.1.3.

Default Please Help
    I have finally jailbroke my 1.1.3 and the instructions i got I wouldn't never try no bodys again was done with ease. Problem though
    1. download themes but dont show up in summerboard
    2. download wallpapers from the wallpaper app and put them in my wallpapers but when I go there they are not there.
    3. download callid app and smsd app and when I click on them they go back to my main screen
    4. when I asign on of my songs as a ringtone you cant hear it when my phone rings but when you go to one of the factory tones they work
    and last
    5. when I go to customize it goes back to main screen does anybody have these problems please help cause without these installer sucks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Quick Q,

Could some shed some light.. I am currently on 1.1.3 jb with 04.02.13_G, What is the advantage(s) of going up to 04.03.13_G??

Cheers,
    Nick.
    I dont know if I would suggest that cause I am haveing alot of main things in my installer that dont work and I am on that one
    Last edited by DFOGG551; 02-09-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The advantage of having 4.3.13g versus 4.2.13g soft upgraded to 1.1.3 is that ALL your 1.1.3 functions work. That includes locate me in Google Maps. Everything just seems to be more stable when the firmware and modem revisions match.

Oh, and DFOGG,

Sir, the problems with the apps in installer have nothing to do with Anysim or Jailbreaking, and everything to do with the developers of the app. That is, apps for 1.1.2 won't neccessarily work with 1.1.3 until the developer changes the code. In case you haven't read it anywhere else, apps are not placed in the same location in 1.1.3 so there are problems with many apps.

Default 1.1.3 JB + anysim
    I JB and Unlocked with no problems through the process. Now the phone is unlocked makes call on a T-Mobile sim with the correct plan according to T-Mobile's iPhone dept. Went through setting up the Edge network settings but still cant get on edge... What did I miss?? is there something I did not do?? any help is appreciated..... thanks...

I did the anysim 1.3 unlock after I did the Baseband upgrade from iClarity source. No problems at all.

Default anysim 1.3 didnt work for me
    i installed anysim 1.3 and it wen on for about 30 minutes
    til it said it was trying to reboot and it just went into a loop cycle
    rebooting over and over
    til i just went all the way back to 1.1.1 then 1.2, ad 1.3 again
    i do have the baseband that it needs and firmware just not sure
    what to do

Default official guideline from pf?
    Just wondering if pf is going to test this and write an official instruction for everyone upgrading from 1.1.1.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randy182 View Post
    Just wondering if pf is going to test this and write an official instruction for everyone upgrading from 1.1.1.
    that would be really nice for all of us old school iphoners. It seem like now the focus is on OTB unlocks........ Don't forget bout us 1.0.2 and 1.1.1'ers.....

Does upgrading to 1.1.3 update modem firmware to 4.03.13

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314