Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnySIM 1.1.3 is out - unlock 1.1.3 iPhone's

So I've read through a bunch of pages and am still confused; can anyone help me out?

Basically I have:
    - iPhone OTB 1.1.2
    - unlocked by TurboSIM, jailbroken
    - 4.02.13_G

Can I get it to:
    - iPhone 1.1.3
    - unlocked by TurboSIM, jailbroken?
    - 4.02.13_G

I'm pretty sure I can use Installer to jailbreak to 1.1.3 right? But will my TurboSIM still work at 1.1.3 for T-Mobile?

Can someone point me to the right direction to get to 1.1.3 if I have an unlocked 1.0.2? My modem firmware says its 03.14.08_G.
    Last edited by 85 Til Infinity; 02-07-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Ok, I fixed part of my problem, so I'll post how just incase it helps someone else. I was at 1.1.3 jailbroken using the iClarify installer method, and couldn't install anything from installer without getting "Main Script Execution Failure!". I did the method below to update installer. I installed Anysim first, before the baseband upgrader, then went to install the BB upgrade and now Installer crashes. Anysim worked, I uninstalled it to clear up space, but it didn't help. I'm trying to install BossTool to clear space, but it's not working.

I still need help. Installer crashes when trying to install anything. I don't see anything in my apps folder that I can delete, and I don't know where the partition is.

Here's what I did(thanks to bmasti from iphonealley.com):

Installer “main script execution failed” fix
    if you didn’t update Installer BEFORE updating to 1.1.3, or did but still get this error and need to fix permissions, try entering these commands via ssh:

cd /
    cd Applications/
    wget http://repository.apptapp.com/packag.../Installer.zip
    rm -rf Installer.app
    unzip Installer.zip
    chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app
    rm Installer.zip

This replaces your copy of Installer with the latest version, and sets proper permissions.
    Last edited by SNIP3R_36; 02-07-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by 85 Til Infinity View Post
    Can someone point me to the right direction to get to 1.1.3 if I have an unlocked 1.0.2? My modem firmware says its 03.14.08_G.
    All you need to do is do the updated through 1.1.3 with the dev team upgrade to 1.1.3 At that point add the clarifield repository in installer install anysim 1.3 from installer then install the baseband upgrader as well. then run anysim and you will be unlocked 1.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Insolent Entertainment View Post
    I NEED HELP!

I had 1.0.2 OTB, hadn't activated or jailbroken or ANYTHING. I updated to 1.1.3 through iTunes, which fixed the endless reboot mode problem iBrickr had thrown it into.

I'm going by the instructions here ( http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=630 ) to downgrade to 1.1.1. Everything's fine until I attempt to boot the phone with iBrickr (Step 5 on that link). The screen stays green and the phone does not reboot. I've tried manually rebooting it and restarting iBrickr again. It's not working.

What's wrong here?
    I had the same issue, just finish ituneshelper process in the task manager...

Default Can I use itunes 7.6 with iclarafied JB?
    In the turitorial it says 7.5 itunes but can you use 7.6does it matter??

for the love of jeebus. at least 16 pages of this thread can be eliminated if all these people just READ. i like this site no doubt but wading through the repetitive questions of the endless sea of noobs is just silly. READ PEOPLE READ

ps

notice this is my first post. everything you can ever want to know is here if you just read. i did, and never had to ask one thing.

OK, read through a lot of posts and can't find anything regarding my problem.

I have an OTB 1.0.2, upgraded to 1.1.3, then realized I wanted a jailbroke/unlocked 1.1.3, so I did all the steps to get to a jailbroke 1.1.3 and everything was fine.

I went to upgrade the baseband via iClarified, and it told me I needed to install BSD Subsystem 2.0 first, so I went ahead and did that, then installed the baseband upgrade.

Well now, I have no service, but everything else works just fine. I'm not sure if having to install the BSD Subsystem had anything to do with it. Can anyone provide any help for this?

Default Plesae help
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfox121 View Post
    I believe if you are running 3.9 bootloader (1.1.1 OTB or below), and have upgraded to 1.1.3 using the DevTeam method, you can restore your phone to 1.1.3 using iTunes (this way the 1.1.3 baseband is on the phone), then downgrade to 1.1.1 (jailbreak, oktoprep), upgrade to 1.1.2 (jailbreak it), then upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 using the DevTeam Jailbreak, and the 1.1.3 baseband should already be there. Then finally unlock. Sounds right?
    Have all of that and did all of that ecept updated to 1.1.2 jailbreak cause it give me a error but I went from 1.1.1 jailbreak to 1.1.3 jailbreak but itunes want activate my phone nor can I do any sim 1.3 cause it gives me a main script failure or something like that any suggestions cause the only thing I can think of is that I need to downgrade from4.3.13G and install any sim before I do the bass dond

dude but where to upload OR patch the anysim1.3 and how to upgrade the baseband im currently running 1.1.3 version but anysim is not install yet pllzzzzz help me out i really appreciatin

Quote Originally Posted by darkforcer View Post
    OK, read through a lot of posts and can't find anything regarding my problem.

I have an OTB 1.0.2, upgraded to 1.1.3, then realized I wanted a jailbroke/unlocked 1.1.3, so I did all the steps to get to a jailbroke 1.1.3 and everything was fine.

I went to upgrade the baseband via iClarified, and it told me I needed to install BSD Subsystem 2.0 first, so I went ahead and did that, then installed the baseband upgrade.

Well now, I have no service, but everything else works just fine. I'm not sure if having to install the BSD Subsystem had anything to do with it. Can anyone provide any help for this?
    So if I just download and install anysim using WiFi, that should correct the no service?

Quote Originally Posted by x1262x View Post
    dude but where to upload OR patch the anysim1.3 and how to upgrade the baseband im currently running 1.1.3 version but anysim is not install yet pllzzzzz help me out i really appreciatin
    install the iclarified repository in installer

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    SOLVED !!!

It is very simple solution, the root cause is: anySIM 1.3 checks in /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist file "SBAutoLockTime" value. So, if you used Official Dev Team 1.1.3 Upgrade this file was moved to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ .

Solution only for iPhone with 1.1.3 (Official Dev Team Release):

1. Set "Auto-Lock" to "Never"

2. Rename /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist to /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist.old

3. Copy /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist to /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

4. Set "Airplane mode" to ON.

5. run anySIM 1.3 (now it should run smoothly)

6. rename /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist.old to /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist

7. turn "Airplane mode" OFF

Have Fun!

Best Regards.
    Thanks much!

Any chance we'll see a guide for this, complete with pictures, like we've seen in the past?

works like a charm. BUT be sure to use the iClarified method since it explains everything for even people who dont know what they are doing.

Default Unlocking Question?
    I have three questions I'm new to this unlocking stuff:

1. If i unlock my JB 1.1.3 will we be able to upgrade to newer software in th future>>>>

2. The reason i need to unlock my phone is because I have ATT and my work is on Tmobile and the Blackberry Pearl they gave me is hard to use compared to using the iphone for about 7 months now. CAN I SWITCH SIM CARDS ON THE WEEKENDS IF AND USE THE OTHER CARRIER IF NEEDED?

3. Will itunes recognize an unlocked phone and sync? Can you restore at anytime if wanted to?

I know these are probably stupid questions but just need to know stuff.............Thanks
    Last edited by wildturkey; 02-08-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Tried updating the baseband last night to 4.3.13 which went easy enough, but couldnt unlock the phone, with any sim 1.3, read the post by zozodouce, which seems to be the problem, i need to rename the com.apple.springboard.plist but cant seem to do this with ibrickr, can anybody help me with this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akosko01 View Post
    so if i screwed up and upgraded to 1.1.3 not jailbroken. does this help me? PLEASE HELP! I MISS MY 3RD PARTY APPS!
    Dont worry you can downgrade to 1.1.2 and then jailbreak it and then run the 1.1.3 softupgrade and then use this anysim and that should unlock your phone i did this and it actually works so dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I have three questions I'm new to this unlocking stuff:

1. If i unlock my JB 1.1.3 will we be able to upgrade to newer software in th future>>>>

2. The reason i need to unlock my phone is because I have ATT and my work is on Tmobile and the Blackberry Pearl they gave me is hard to use compared to using the iphone for about 7 months now. CAN I SWITCH SIM CARDS ON THE WEEKENDS IF AND USE THE OTHER CARRIER IF NEEDED?

3. Will itunes recognize an unlocked phone and sync? Can you restore at anytime if wanted to?

I know these are probably stupid questions but just need to know stuff.............Thanks
    You cant just upgrade to newer firmware because it will usually brick your phone. Wait a week or so once the firmware comes out and there is i usually a method to get it. Itunes works fine and recognizes your phone with no problems.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast