+ Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnySIM 1.1.3 is out - unlock 1.1.3 iPhone's

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I tried it all, tried what zozodouce was suggesting but I still end up with "You must set Auto-Lock to "Never" in Settings () to continue. anySIM will now quit."...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it all, tried what zozodouce was suggesting but I still end up with

"You must set Auto-Lock to "Never" in Settings () to continue. anySIM will now quit."...

Any help would be appreciated here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need help with activatin my 1.1.3 jailbroken phone
    PLEASE HELP SOMEONE I have jailbroken my 1.1.3 but it is not activated and when I go to ant sim1.3 it say Main script execution fail my bass is 4.3.13G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default AnySim 1.3 on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?
    Can I run AnySim 1.3 on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, and then soft upgrade to 1.1.3?

(I have already upgraded my baseband by installing 1.1.3, then downgrading to 1.1.1)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid_fx2 View Post
    hey guys thanks to all that helped me
    i upgraded from 1.1.1 otb followed canadocs steps and sit nice and tight at 1.1.3 JB UNLOCKED. except that when i go into itunes it says that i have 200mb of other used up. i already used bosstool so i can install more applications but i dont want to have to "steal" mb from the mp3 side if i dont have to. any1 with a solution?
    This has nothing to do with the jb or unlock. It has t do with 1.1.3 and itunes 7.6.
    All the "legitimate" upgraders of ATT phones have the same ~190 mb in other from the 113 update.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Just wondering, does locate work accurately outside US? I remember that the locate me feature also used wifi hotspots to locate more exactly. I read that the company whom Apple is working with for localisation of all hotspots in the world, is still busy indexing all hotspots in Europe.

Therefor upgrading might not be worth it in Europe? (the app locate me in installer isn't quite accurate using cells alone so I don't see why new Baseband will)
    In Canada hee and Google locate has been AMazing. In my house it has pegged me as close as my property or across the street and as far as 3 blocks. on wifi. Tried it on edge at an intersection at a red light and bam it had me at the exact corner!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    so in order to do this i have to upgrade to 1.1.2? i currently am on nates jailbreak which i did the soft upgrade from 1.1.1

If you are already JB on 113 you can just upgrade baseband using the iclarified method on installer. then run anysime 1.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Croatian View Post
    so i have an week 29 iPhone unlocked and jailbroken running 1.1.2
    i upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 by downloading firmware on iTunes, then jailbraking it and then unlocking it with AnySim 1.2u

now if i wanna upgrade to 1.1.3 and have it jailbroken and unlocked
    what do i need to do

i am getting lil confused with this unlock jailbrak, downgrade, upgrade, downgrade, restore and what not

thank you
    Simplest thing is to run 3 programs:

1) Official 1.1.3 upgrade from Dev team---- then u are jailbroken 1.1.3

2)iclarified baseband upgrader----- thn u will be locked 1.1.3 modem firmware with still jb 1.1.3

3)Anysim 1.3 also from iclarified repository.
    Then u will be unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.3

Couldnt be simpler.
    Last edited by canadoc; 02-07-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I upgraded to 1.1.3 for the baseband, then downgraded to 1.0.2, (I know the long way, but I wanted to clean out old preference files).

Then I tried to upgrade to 1.1.2, but iTunes errors out on anything but 1.0.2 or 1.1.3.

I installed 1.0.2 again, and ran the AnySim 1.3 which unlocked my phone.

I think iTunes 7.6 and the oktoprep deal is causing the problem. I will try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am still struggling with AnySIM, it refuses to execute telling me that i must be on "Never" (which I am)...

Don't know what to do and I would appreciate some guidance, what should i do? I would like to avoid to brick my iPhone...

Thanks for your help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Broken iPhone
    So, I had V1.1.3 jailbroken running 1.1.2 baseband, and all was well. However, my iphone went into an endless restart cycle after a botched install of a program from installer, so had to re-start.
    i-tunes 7.6 refused to let me flash to any firmware unless in DFU mode, so managed to get it back to 1.1.1, but couldn't get out of recovery mode with iBrickr (Screen stayed green)
    Much head-banging later, I tried it on an earlier version of i-tunes on another computer (7.47), and it let me install 1.1.1 then get out of recovery mode using iBrickr 0.9. From here, was able to get around activation by dialing *#307# and doing the answer-hold-dismiss trick, then put the prefs: and i.unlock.no urls into address book, and activate that way to get on to my wifi. From there, the unlock is easy.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone who is having trouble upgrading, or thinks their iPhone is toast !! (I certainly did!!)

Going to try and get to 1.1.3 firmware & baseband tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thought

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nettwerk's Avatar
    Thanks

Works great... I upgrade baseband from 1.1.3 DevTeam JB with 04.02.13_G to 04.03.13_G.
    Last edited by Nettwerk; 02-07-2008 at 05:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have just bought new 16gb iphone and it has 1.1.3 running, so what can i do to unlock it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    plug it into iTunes and sign up for an at&t account

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funforallboys View Post
    i have just bought new 16gb iphone and it has 1.1.3 running, so what can i do to unlock it
    Search/read some forums and you'll find out why your 16GB iPhone cannot unlocked.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've been searching around all night, and only one otherr person has the same issue I do. I'm getting the error "main script execution failure" when trying to install anything from installer. I have 1.1.3 jailbroken and need the baseband upgrade and anysim 1.3. is there a manual way to do these?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canadoc View Post
    This has nothing to do with the jb or unlock. It has t do with 1.1.3 and itunes 7.6.
    All the "legitimate" upgraders of ATT phones have the same ~190 mb in other from the 113 update.
    well i was unhappy with the excess 200 mb of others. i was at 1.1.3 unlocked jailbroken. then i downgraded to 1.1.1 -->1.1.2--> 1.1.3 without touching the baseband. when i got to 1.1.3 it was already unlocked and i only had 30mb of other....too bad i forgot to backup my photos.

Quote Originally Posted by SNIP3R_36 View Post
    I've been searching around all night, and only one otherr person has the same issue I do. I'm getting the error "main script execution failure" when trying to install anything from installer. I have 1.1.3 jailbroken and need the baseband upgrade and anysim 1.3. is there a manual way to do these?
    uninstall most of your 3rd party apps so you have enough space to install bosstool. move fonts, ringtones and apps to the other partition. give it a reboot and your good to go.

Thanks

Well I was successfully able to unlock my phone without any problems just followed the tutorials over at iclarified.com I installed anysime first then ran there baseband upgrader and ran anysim took 5 minutes total and everything appears to be working. I made sure before I did anything to bad BSD subsystem and openssh installed before i did anything because thats what some of the boards over there said to do. Also had teh BSD subsystem tweak installed and ran into no problems.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    uninstall most of your 3rd party apps so you have enough space to install bosstool. move fonts, ringtones and apps to the other partition. give it a reboot and your good to go.
    should bosstool install if I delete everything? I can't get installer to install ANYTHING. Also, since I upgraded, installer doesn't show anything to uninstall except itself and BSD, so do I SCP to delete the program files?

Can someone show me the folder path to where I should be moving everything to the partition?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SNIP3R_36 View Post

Chances are you might be out of space. try installing a few apps etc nd try again.

well i was unhappy with the excess 200 mb of others. i was at 1.1.3 unlocked jailbroken. then i downgraded to 1.1.1 -->1.1.2--> 1.1.3 without touching the baseband. when i got to 1.1.3 it was already unlocked and i only had 30mb of other....too bad i forgot to backup my photos.

I find that hard to believe unless you also downgraded to itunes 7.5 or lower. It is more a matter of how itunes reads what is on your phone. YOu can have a jb unlocked 113 phone on itunes 7.5 showing other of say 20mb. and do nothing other than install 7.6 and poof other goes up to 200. This despite no change on your phone.
    I beleive the new version of itunes changes how it reads whats on your phone. I suspect to prevent running out of memory, it keeps a certain amount of space in "other". I believe this because when I did the dev team upgrade I realized I didn't have the 300mb of space needed for the install (was on Nates JB first before downgrading) according to itunes yet when i did the upgrade I did not run out of space.
    Last edited by canadoc; 02-07-2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm very sorry if i offend someone by asking this, but if anysim 1.3 DOESN'T work with bootloader 4.06 what's the use of it, then ?

Iphone 8GB 1.1.3, Jailbroken, STILL LOCKED!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to fernandes For This Useful Post:

dale1v (02-07-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Chances are you might be out of space. try installing a few apps etc nd try again.
    Installer isn't showing any of my previously installed apps, so I deleted the program folders through scp, and I still get the error message. Everything works besides the actual phone. I can use wifi, maps, etc. It's just not unlocked yet, and installer is messed up now. I can't re-install installer because apptapp won't install it unless it's a 1.1.1 phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I find that hard to believe unless you also downgraded to itunes 7.5 or lower. It is more a matter of how Itunes reads what is on your phone. YOu can have a jb unlocked 113 phone on itunes 7.5 showing other of say 20mb. and do nothing other than install 7.6 and poof other goes up to 200. This despite no change on your phone.
    I beleive the new version of itunes changes how it reads whats on your phone. I suspect to prevent running out of memory, it keeps a certain amount of space in "other". I believe this because when I did the dev team upgrade I realized I didn't have the 300mb of space needed for the install (was on Nates JB first before downgrading) according to itunes yet when i did the upgrade I did not run out of space.
    I never used iTunes 7.6. At all during this process, but I will upgrade to see if you are correct. Do you know if I upgrade ( or downgrade ) will I have to add all my songs back to the library and will iTunes remember if the song was checked or not?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I never used iTunes 7.6. At all during this process, but I will upgrade to see if you are correct. Do you know if I upgrade ( or downgrade ) will I have to add all my songs back to the library and will iTunes remember if the song was checked or not?
    updating itunes in 7.6 wont affect your library, but i promise your other will show a number higher by about 190mb