+ Reply
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AnySIM 1.1.3 is out - unlock 1.1.3 iPhone's

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by canadoc From what I am told the ipsf unlock should work even through the new firmware for 1.1.3. howeve you will need to run signal app on
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canadoc View Post
    From what I am told the ipsf unlock should work even through the new firmware for 1.1.3. howeve you will need to run signal app on each reboot to use it.

and I would not try anysim etc in your situation as IPSF does something to your seczone that would need to be undone .......
    That's funny, I used IPSF and haven't had any of the problems you've described. What this with one particular version? And what is signal.app for?

I don't think IPSF will work through a legit 1.1.3 upgrade (through iTunes) because while AnySIM exploits the baseband, IPSF exploits the bootloader, and with 1.1.3 there's a new bootloader.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    That's funny, I used IPSF and haven't had any of the problems you've described. What this with one particular version? And what is signal.app for?

I don't think IPSF will work through a legit 1.1.3 upgrade (through iTunes) because while AnySIM exploits the baseband, IPSF exploits the bootloader, and with 1.1.3 there's a new bootloader.

check you have 113 modem firmware not 112.
    if you have 112 then yes it works. If you goto 113 baseband then it should work except after a reboot or sim removal. then you will lose phone function.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Worked like a charm... 1.0.2 otb ---->1.1.3 jb with new baseband, just installed anysim, put in airplane mode, 10 minutes later its unlocked and on TIM Brazil. You truly are all the best.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Worked like a charm... 1.0.2 otb ---->1.1.3 jb with new baseband, just installed anysim, put in airplane mode, 10 minutes later its unlocked and on TIM Brazil. You truly are all the best.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey guys thanks to all that helped me
    i upgraded from 1.1.1 otb followed canadocs steps and sit nice and tight at 1.1.3 JB UNLOCKED. except that when i go into itunes it says that i have 200mb of other used up. i already used bosstool so i can install more applications but i dont want to have to "steal" mb from the mp3 side if i dont have to. any1 with a solution?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If this doesn´t work in OTB 1.1.2 then why everybody is so happy? Unlocked phones with simfree are already working updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 going through 1.1.2 without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman126 View Post
    OK so originally i had a 111 that i accidently upgraded to 113. I have now managed to downgrade to 111 and jailbreak it. Now the phone is jail broken and not unlocked but has 4.03.13 G firmware. any idea what i should do now? Should i update to 112 or run the new anysim for 113. If anyone has a clue let me know thanks.....
    How did you manage to get out of the itunes error (1)?
    Help!!
    Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    It is my understanding that you can upgrade your baseband, but you will not be able to unlock for use with other simcards than ATT & O2, because of your bootloader.
    Thanks for the reply.

So, I can upgrade the baseband, even with a 4.6 bootloader.... can anybody confirm this please?

So, by having the new baseband I will not need a third party application to get google maps locate me to work.... any other benefits?

Thanks in advance

Rick

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    How did you manage to get out of the itunes error (1)?
    Help!!
    Thanks!
    If you are getting the Error 1, then you are not in DFU mode. DFU mode from 1.1.3 has a black screen. Try again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nzbullet View Post
    Anyone else having problems with the iClarified installer version?

When I try it install quits after I press the large "OK" button. It doesn't do anthing just quits back to the home screen and hasn't changed any files.
    Mine worked, but now I'm having volume problems. My volume is up all the way, yet I can BARELY hear anything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by randomopinion View Post
    Yep exact same procedure and results for me, except on Rogers in Canada. Big Thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyg View Post
    I have a jail broken 1.1.2 so its ok to upgrade i just cant upgrade the bootloader ?
    You guys r so confusing.... There is as big difference between bootloader, baseband and firmware!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just wondering, does locate work accurately outside US? I remember that the locate me feature also used wifi hotspots to locate more exactly. I read that the company whom Apple is working with for localisation of all hotspots in the world, is still busy indexing all hotspots in Europe.

Therefor upgrading might not be worth it in Europe? (the app locate me in installer isn't quite accurate using cells alone so I don't see why new Baseband will)
    Last edited by Stylez; 02-06-2008 at 04:37 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Talking baseband update
    For all of you that don't know how to update your baseband manually, just follow the link: http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=640
    (This is for bootloader 3.9 only! - 1.1.1 OTB, 1.0.2 OTB,1.0.1 OTB and 1.0.0 OTB)

Thanks

Smile all worked fine
    Quote Originally Posted by wlrm84 View Post
    Hey everyone, I just took the dive.

I have a 1.1.1 ootb, BL3.9, Dev Team 1.1.3-3 soft jailbreak, upgraded from 1.1.2 jailbroken and originally unlocked using AnySim 1.2u. Using T-Mobile USA.

I simply followed these step by step guides with screenshots.

How to Update BaseBand
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

How to unlock Using AnySim 1.3
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

It also has installer source for a BB upgrade you can do directly to your iphone. It also has AnySim 1.3. Make Sure To Set Your Auto-Lock to Never during both processes. And Be Absolutly Sure Turn On Airplane Mode Before Running AnySim 1.3.

After following these guides everything works just fine. Phone, Mail, YouTube, Edge using T-Mobile 5.99 Plan, as well as everybody's favorite Google Locate Me Feature. Hope this helps

These Guides Are Only For iPhones 1.1.1 ootb or older, with 3.9 Bootloader.
    These Guides will not work for iPhones that came with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 preinstalled.
    Hi all,

I did the same thing as guy above and all worked fine...I have the exact same phone as him except I'm in Serbia and using one local provider...

Also I DID NOT turned the phone in AirPlane mode before runnin AnySIM 1.3, but all came out fine...YouTube did not work but I fixed it via YouTube activation package from i.unlock.no source...Only thing I miss is SwirlyMMS app which does not work on 1.1.3 with new baseband...Also, all is working fine after switchin off/on and restarting few times..All in all it took 20 minutes for DevTeam soft upgrade and 5 minutes more for AnySim 1.3 unlock...2 reboots after phone was fully operational...I hope this helps..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    Just wondering, does locate work accurately outside US? I remember that the locate me feature also used wifi hotspots to locate more exactly. I read that the company whom Apple is working with for localisation of all hotspots in the world, is still busy indexing all hotspots in Europe.

Therefor upgrading might not be worth it in Europe? (the app locate me in installer isn't quite accurate using cells alone so I don't see why new Baseband will)
    I cannot speak for Europe ... But it works mighty fine here in canada, I'm not even in the main urban area. Google maps locates me right on the money and its a cool thing to see with hybrid view.

On another point does any1 else have the problem of showing up 200MB of "other" in iTunes ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hello people. I upgraded the Modem Firmware to 04.03.13_G and still doesn't funtion the Google's Locate Me. I use Locate Me app and it locates me on a parking lot when i was at my house. Google's continue with the " Could not determine your location" message. I Tunes continues with the "Could not play preview" so' It doesn't work for me. I'm frustrated. If you think you can help me I will apreciated. I'm a SunCom Puerto Rico user.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Okay guys I have a question for you. I was able to upgrade to the new bb and used Anysim 1.3 to unlock and phone does work. But for some reason I do not see the 'E' icon near the carrier and signal bars. I am on TMO, any thoughts?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

can anyone help please i did everything from this site,http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor
    but when i get to the part to run anysim it wont let me it anysim keep telling me i need to restart i did that,keep the auto lock to never,i dit all of that.but anysim wont run plese help someone.