Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 16 GB iPhone and 32 GB iPod Touch Released

Yea I'll definitely be waiting for a more feature rich release before upgrading (3g, real gps, something!). Just seems like a waste to upgrade strictly for more storage that should have been there in the first place.

hey thats just what that guy told me... and some people that work there...

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    So is the new 16gb phone jailbreakable?
    Yes. It is just like jailbreaking any iPhone with 1.1.3...

I wonder if its going to come with any new features?

Hope to pick up a 16gb soon for myself. I've been playing with my wife's 8gb for a few months and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Yes. It is just like jailbreaking any iPhone with 1.1.3...
    This is NOT correct. The 16GB and any other iPhone purchased out of the box with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 is NOT jailbreakable as of right now. You can only jailbreak phones that were originally 1.1.1 or earlier.

picked up a 16gb iphone today. The screen looks yellow compared to my bro's side by side. It really sucks. I'm taking it back to apple store tomorrow. The blues look white and the whites look yellow. If you were thinking about getting the 16gb, i would just get the 8gb with a nice screen.

Has anyone thought of just taking the memory out of the 16gb and seeing if it fits the 8gb?

Of course that would require buying one...but at least you could have 16gb and jailbroken

wait, ONE OTHER DIFFERENCE in the new 16gb model on the positive note... the speaker is MUCH louder. Side by side test with a "day 1" 8gb model (which is also on 1.1.3 fw)

Thanks

im currently downgrading to 1.1.1 on my 16 gig will post back once i get upto the oktoprep stage!!! wish me luck!

well just successfully downgraded and activated with jailbreakme.com on 1.1.1 now time to okto!

uhoh 16gig with 300mb lol gotta fix....brb
    Last edited by MOEPLO; 02-06-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

are you using a mac? if so, can you post or pm the link of the guide you are using? My 16gb is in the mail. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GutBomb View Post
    This is NOT correct. The 16GB and any other iPhone purchased out of the box with 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 is NOT jailbreakable as of right now. You can only jailbreak phones that were originally 1.1.1 or earlier.
    That IS Correct. Of course you cant just jailbreak 1.1.3, but you downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, 1.1.2, soft upgrade to 1.1.3, lockdownd file, you should have a fully operating and jailbroken 1.1.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    are you using a mac? if so, can you post or pm the link of the guide you are using? My 16gb is in the mail. Thanks!
    honestly im using windows and the regular guide that i use all the time where i restore otb phone to 1.1.1 the use jailbreakme.com make sure i have the full capacity of storage not the 300mb error... than add oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak using the 1.1.2 jailbreak folder from conceited software and use the official 1.1.3 jailbreak from installer and then insert my tmobile sim with stealth sim on top. hopefully no flaws yet with the 16gig.

by the way im currently at my last step my 16 gig is currently 1.1.2 jailbroken! about to do the dev team upgrade from installer!!

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4508/16giggl3.png

well looks like im starting allll over cause the itunes logo came up as the 1.1.3 dev team jailbreak finished. so ima go die and come back to life guys seeya in 40 min
    Last edited by MOEPLO; 02-06-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just picked one up today. Same exact phone as before, just more memory.
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    That IS Correct. Of course you cant just jailbreak 1.1.3, but you downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, 1.1.2, soft upgrade to 1.1.3, lockdownd file, you should have a fully operating and jailbroken 1.1.3
    OK I left out that I was talking about an unlocked 1.1.3. It would still be stuck on AT&T because of the bootloader 4.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Hi are you new to the concept of how technology works? Here's a rough outline of how it works: Product is released --> Time Passes --> Product is improved, made better then released again
    Right. Wait: It wasn't improved at all with this latest release! I just got one and while I like/need the storage, I'm a little underwhelmed about the rest of the stock phone
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

Thanks

well im on 1.1.2 again but i wanna go out for a lil and get some fresh air so ill try ANOTHER OFFICIAL 1.1.3 UPDATE LATER

oh and i think im screwed because my stealth sim isnt working in the 1.1.2 where it worked in the 8 gig 1.1.2 but 8 gig. both otb new bootloader?

@ MOEPLO : I am eagerly waiting for your 16gb results. I have one and I can't afford to experiment at this stage.

Can u make calls?? What happens if you put an ATT sim , can u make calls?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1981 View Post
    Just picked one up today. Same exact phone as before, just more memory.
    does anyone else with a 16gb have a normal screen or are they all this yellow tint kind. please let me know if you have a normal (more blue-ish tint) so I can feel good about taking this one back tomorrow EST.
    Last edited by randomopinion; 02-07-2008 at 12:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randomopinion View Post
    does anyone else with a 16gb have a normal screen or are they all this yellow tint kind. please let me know if you have a normal (more blue-ish tint) so I can feel good about taking this one back tomorrow EST.
    mine looks fine dude. and nice speaker

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MOEPLO For This Useful Post:

randomopinion (02-07-2008)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast