+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 16 GB iPhone and 32 GB iPod Touch Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jrtek i was at the apple store... and theres a card a notice sayin "all modified phones WILL NOT BE repaired or replaced"... not in those exact
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrtek View Post
    i was at the apple store... and theres a card a notice sayin "all modified phones WILL NOT BE repaired or replaced"... not in those exact words... but to that effect... even if u restore it using itunes they can tell if it was modified... oh yeah... i start workin at the apple store the end of this week...
    They can't tell anything. My brother's camera messed up so he restored it, took it in, and got a new one. They probably just say that to scare clueless people.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

apple bullcraps us with everything so so sooo gay... macs are a rip off the iphone had a couple changes before its release really gay, first its the tremendous 200$ price drop and then its a 8 gig upgrade f*** apple and their retarded ideas
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 02-05-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: watch your language

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    apple bullcraps us with everything so so sooo gay... macs are a rip off the iphone had a couple changes before its release really gay, first its the tremendous 200$ price drop and then its a 8 gig upgrade f*** apple and their retarded ideas
    if you hate Apple, why are you at a site designed to help people mod one of their products? Surely you wouldn't be here trying to mod your own iPhone, because you wouldn't have bought one to mod since you hate Apple... what's your deal?

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Got my 16GB. Come on ya'll give me something to work with. Not taking my recently purchased (b/c I broke my first trying to change the rear cover, yep in 10 pieces) 1.1.2 otb back yet until there is a solution, so DEV team we've got 10 days!!! Thanks

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i was at the apple store... and theres a card a notice sayin "all modified phones WILL NOT BE repaired or replaced"... not in those exact words... but to that effect... even if u restore it using itunes they can tell if it was modified... oh yeah... i start workin at the apple store the end of this week...
    They can't tell anything. My brother's camera messed up so he restored it, took it in, and got a new one. They probably just say that to scare clueless people.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post

Yeah a similar thing happened to my brother. But their's really no need for me to get this new 16gb since I dont even use half of the 8gb I have.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi are you new to the concept of how technology works? Here's a rough outline of how it works: Product is released --> Time Passes --> Product is improved, made better then released again

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

You're just upset because you don't have the best iPhone in your block anymore. Although I have to agree the $200 drop in 2 months was a retarded move on Apple's side. Anyways... I have a 4GB iPhone and I don't even care if apple releases a 500GB iPhone. Who the hell needs so much memory? I dont even have my 4GB iPhone half full.

On an unrelated note, Apple happened to release it the day after my 13th birthday. My reputation as possibly the youngest iPhone hacker in these boards is ruined. Oh Well.
    Last edited by Stealth1029; 02-05-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

there are ways to tell... cause when i was there they wouldnt repair a guys fone cause it was modded and he restored it and they found out... he told me he wasnt sure how they found out cause he didnt tell um...

Thanks

16 gigs, but still no copy and paste, no MMS, no multiple mail attachments ect ect ect. Waist of money imo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

i threw my phone into a wall when i heard the 16 gigger came out....how do i fix it!? D:

j/k but i was a bit upset. won't be long til they make it a full out laptop replacement tho lol
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just returned mine two days ago. I hade a jailbroken 1.1.2 with screen burn. I just DFU restored mine to 1.1.3 (Just in case they didn't take it back, I could do the full upgrade later) and they took it no problem. One of the hacks for the battery icon even made it through the update. Luckly they didn't notice and gave me a referbed 8gb running 1.1.2 with bootloder 4.6. Now I have a fully operational jailbroken 1.1.3 with not even half the memory used. No need for a 16Gb iPhone. Although the 32GB Touch could come in handy if you have kids. Nothing better then handing them a mini TV to shut them up.

Thanks

there are ways to tell... cause when i was there they wouldnt repair a guys fone cause it was modded and he restored it and they found out... he told me he wasnt sure how they found out cause he didnt tell um...
    Bull to the Sh!t!!!

Thanks

can the 16gb be jailbreaked? Also, can I just take the sim out of my current iPhone and put it into the 16gb with no problems?

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

No you can't replace the sim, they want you to 'officially upgrade' - booty. ATT also makes you get a new 2 year contract, but considering you had to in June, whether you had a contract previously or not, it won't be too much of a difference, but still a little 'cult' like. ATT let me free!

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This seems like a hush hush release for an apple product.

I wonder if this means that the Iphone with 3G will be pushed back (later than the first quarter predicted earlier)?

Thanks

This sucks! I bought mine the very first freaking day they came out, for 600 bucks, and not even a year later, they come up with a 16gb, blows big time! But, yeah, of course it's cuz i'm jealous! Geeesh! I'm only human! It's just not fair! I mean, damn, couldn't they have waited at least till the summer to make us not feel sooo bad?? hehehe Oh! well, I love my 8gb and yeah, who needs all that memory anyways!

Yep! There's my jealousy again....sorry

Well, I will make myself feel better and buy the MacAir! But, WAIT!! Are they gonna come out with something better in the fall?? Grrrrrrr......
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I picked up a 1.1.2 OTB in early January, bricked it trying to do the Hardware unlock..and I mean really bricked it, wouldn't turn on AT ALL. I packaged it up real nice and boxed it up, took it to Apple Store at The Falls Mall in South Miami, said it was DOA and they let me pay $100 difference and exchange for Brand Spanking New 16GB.. now that's whats up! lmao

Too bad I can't unlock 1.1.3! Waiting on the Nerd Gods to come up with unlock solution.

Thanks

nooooo man
    first I got my iPhone 8gb then news came out about price decease....then 3weeks ago my dad got one for himself n now I hear this....what's with my luck......oh great...

Green Apple
    Thanks

So is the new 16gb phone jailbreakable?