+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.0.2 Software Live

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Chin what i mean is, when i launch mail it opens and automatically shuts down.. any ideas for that? had that happen b4 had to do a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    what i mean is, when i launch mail it opens and automatically shuts down.. any ideas for that?
    had that happen b4 had to do a restore except for me it happened to the phone app so i could only receive calls but not make them :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Me.
    I have a 2G phone. Instead of Updating to 2.0.2, I accidentally did a Restore and now I am stuck. My phone is completely locked. I was using my phone on TMobile.

Is it possible to downgrade it to 2.0 or 2.0.1. Or is there any way to unlock the 2.0.2.

When I do a Shift+ restore ans select 2.0.1, I get Unknown error 1600.

What should I do.

Deep Trouble.

Please help !!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Put your phone in DFU mode and restore to a custom built 2.0.1 firmware with pwnage or winpwn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I tried that but I get Unknown Error 1600.

don't know what to do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Go back to 1.14 then jailbreak it and then upgrade to 2.01 .
    you need to downgrade your iTune to 7.5 .

Thanks

has anyone gotten a message that says the phone is too hot and will only allow emergency calls??

I just had that on my phone a few minutes ago. was able to power off and back on and it was find but I found that odd.

first time I'd seen that.

nbm
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

whoever upgraded to 2.0.2 firmware, did the reception get better?
    please post your results, thanks!

Thanks

I upgraded to 202 and then quikpwned with a 201 FW. Now all my Apps and Cydia Apps are still in the old folders but they arent being used, it created new folders for apps and i have had to manually move them from one folder to the other. I know I can just do a full restore and start from scratch but is this normal when updating from an pwned FW? Its like it saw there was already an aplications folder and made an applications(2) folder like windows does when you put something identicle.

Also my wifi range is alot better, dont use 3g much so not sure about that yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could anyone with a 2G iPhone please post any benefits to the 2.0.2 firmware update plz, I know someone mentioned no more SMS lag, any other changes????????

Green Apple
    Thanks

im on 2.0.2 everything is working but when i open youtube, its telling my to connect to itunes with an internet connection... what do i do about this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

to everyone askin the same ol questions..how bout reading from page instead of hoping someone will fufil ur questions..all u gotta do is read..sheesh..people are so lazy these days...this site was so much better a yr ago when dummies (not saying all u guys are) couldn't do any of this because they didn't understand how to do everything by hand. Now since we have programs where all u have to do is choose a file and upload it ppl expect others to just do everything for them..how do u think we learned...we read...the good ol days.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jasonm253 For This Useful Post:

96hondaex (08-19-2008), fungrified (08-20-2008), jwcrash (08-23-2008), rotaryheadrx7 (08-21-2008), tattoojack (08-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    i will bring my unlocked razor on the trip with me, usually dont take expensive stuff with me on vacation dont want it to go missing.
    some of us actually need to go in trips with our iphones, or at least me... i bought it because of my job and its great interface that makes my life easier compared to other phones like nokias and stuff with internet that for internet or getting stuff done seems to take forever

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    to everyone askin the same ol questions..how bout reading from page instead of hoping someone will fufil ur questions..all u gotta do is read..sheesh..people are so lazy these days...this site was so much better a yr ago when dummies (not saying all u guys are) couldn't do any of this because they didn't understand how to do everything by hand. Now since we have programs where all u have to do is choose a file and upload it ppl expect others to just do everything for them..how do u think we learned...we read...the good ol days.

word!

i even thanksed you!

lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

lol that's what's up tattoojack..this site is getting out of hand with ppl not reading thats all..its just crazy!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonm253 For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (08-23-2008)

Thanks

I upgraded to 202 and then quikpwned with a 201 FW. Now all my Apps and Cydia Apps are still in the old folders but they arent being used, it created new folders for apps and i have had to manually move them from one folder to the other. I know I can just do a full restore and start from scratch but is this normal when updating from an pwned FW? Its like it saw there was already an aplications folder and made an applications(2) folder like windows does when you put something identicle.

Also my wifi range is alot better, dont use 3g much so not sure about that yet.
    Be careful with those folders. I thought they were old and not used and started to delete them. I had deleted the old Themes and Share folders and my keyboard got very very laggy. I used respring and my phone got stuck on the spinning wheel of death. I wouldnt touch those extra folders.

Just restored to 2.0.2 and getting ready to redo Quickpwn. I had to restore as new phone too since it said my backup was corrupt. This is what I get for playing around. I should have made copies of those folders before zapping them. Oh well I knew better so I pay the price. At least with app store, its much easier to reinstall everything. All I need is to install Customize, WInterboard and WbApp. All the graphics are saved on my PC so I just SSH them back over and back to modded.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

FliP76 (08-19-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Be careful with those folders. I thought they were old and not used and started to delete them. I had deleted the old Themes and Share folders and my keyboard got very very laggy. I used respring and my phone got stuck on the spinning wheel of death. I wouldnt touch those extra folders.

Just restored to 2.0.2 and getting ready to redo Quickpwn. I had to restore as new phone too since it said my backup was corrupt. This is what I get for playing around. I should have made copies of those folders before zapping them. Oh well I knew better so I pay the price. At least with app store, its much easier to reinstall everything. All I need is to install Customize, WInterboard and WbApp. All the graphics are saved on my PC so I just SSH them back over and back to modded.
    I deleted the extra folders also but havent noticed any downsides yet. I just didnt want to take up the extra space. I think im just going to do a full restore anyway to get it cleaned up, I really have no idea how many duplicate files I have now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    im on 2.0.2 everything is working but when i open youtube, its telling my to connect to itunes with an internet connection... what do i do about this?
    i tried searching for this, but returned no results... anyone?

edit.

used someout dated info for 1.1.x lol and it worked
    Last edited by Chin; 08-20-2008 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks

Default is it just me?
    is it just me or is the signal and battery crap on 2.0.2?? Cuz my battery now won't even last the whole day and I have 3g, push, and localization services turned off. I bearly used the edge today except for cydia to check if anything new was out there and had to charge my battery half way through the day.

My signal at my work where it use to be fine now is less then half on 3g and not that much better with 3g turned off.

2.0.2 i think is the worst when it comes to reception though it is a lot faster and has improved the lag in the sms to virtually none... Any how does anyone else feel the same as me? btw I am on Rogers in canada and I am in mississauga just outside of toronto.

Lighter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

activation key

Green Apple
    Thanks

Odd how we all getting different results...

My 2G phone was pwned to 2.0.1 Unlocked and Jailbraked on Orange last week.

Decided to try update, so let iTunes do its stuff.

After reboot phone was still unlocked and everything was still installed and working, but obviously no Cydia or installer.

Used Quickpwn GUI with original 2.0.1 and after reboot was back to normal on upgraded firmware, with Cydia and installer.

No duplicated folders or anything. Everything working fine so far.

Tosh