Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.0.2 Software Live

Thanks

Did you drop the 2.0.2 fw in the same folder as the quickpwn.exe binary?
    When I did this, I updated to 2.0.2 in iTunes. i was on 2.0, never having gone up to 2.0.1. After I updated to stock 2.0.2 in iTunes, I dropped the 2.0.1 firmware into the folder with the quickpwn binary.

One other change I noticed with this method.Any new pictures or screenshots saved in camera roll since the upgrade did not show up on my desktop if accessed via "My Computer". However if i went via "Get Pictures from Camera" they all did transfer. What I did was to transer my pictures to my PC and then delete the contents of the camera roll. Any new photos or screenshots are readily accessible via "My Computer".

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

im guessing for people who are on 2.0. If they do thi trick the 2.0.2 update will update the baseband. I understand that we can jailbreak with this trick, but the baseband is still getting updated!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it does not fix reception at all.

I succesfully upgraded to 2.0.2 and JB it, but for some reason the email tone keeps going off and vibrating... i dunno why so im restoring it now.

good to hear how did you jailbreak ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cadsii For This Useful Post:

KeanBurke (08-19-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by cadsii View Post
    good to hear how did you jailbreak ?
    didnt mean to thank you but here
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...n-2-0-2-a.html

i followed those steps and I jailbroke mines also, and yes the phone remains unlocked

my email keeps crashing, im going to try and downgrade back to 2.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

man!
    no offense (well actually, yes, offense)
    but you guys need to just get a life!
    ooooh 2.0.2!
    big freakin deal!
    2.0 sucks
    2.0.1 sucks
    what do u think 2.0.2 will be?
    SUCK!

1.1.4 is still the dogs balls!
    stable
    reliable
    fast
    AND every crappy app on the app store is free on numerous sources on 1.1.4

all this griping and complaining about when you can update, JUST USE YOUR DANG PHONE!

freyes01
    what about unlock? does it stays?

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    man!
    no offense (well actually, yes, offense)
    but you guys need to just get a life!
    ooooh 2.0.2!
    big freakin deal!
    2.0 sucks
    2.0.1 sucks
    what do u think 2.0.2 will be?
    SUCK!

1.1.4 is still the dogs balls!
    stable
    reliable
    fast
    AND every crappy app on the app store is free on numerous sources on 1.1.4

all this griping and complaining about when you can update, JUST USE YOUR DANG PHONE!
    well us running 3G phones dont have the option to run 1.1.4 so all we can do is try what doesnt suck, or hasnt been confirmed that it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by freyes01 View Post
    what about unlock? does it stays?
    yes stays unlocked and you keep all your contacts and settings
    Last edited by cadsii; 08-19-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by martyotaku View Post
    did it with no problems ....and then downgraded again to custom 2.0.1 with no problems
    The only problem with upgrading to apples stock 2.0.2 then downgrading to custom 2.0.1 is it updates the bootloader and different unlock-essential parts of the phone, which in the future may stop your phone from being unlocked.

ALWAYS update with Pwnage tool custom firmwares.

i'd say 90% of the iphone 3g users are on a 3 year term why would you want to unlock ?

Default Why unlock? You're joking, right?
    i'd say 90% of the iphone 3g users are on a 3 year term why would you want to unlock ?
    Well, here's a good example: You live in the States, so you use AT&T. You take a trip to Australia and once in Australia you want to use your iPhone. AT&T charges USD$1.69 a minute even for local calls (or calls back to the States -- same price). You unlock your phone and buy a SIM from Vodaphone. They charge USD$0.07/minutes. Yes, that's right -- 7 cents vs 169 cents. So perhaps the question is, why WOULDN'T you unlock? I'm not making up these numbers either -- those are actual rates.
    Last edited by bigstudio; 08-19-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Undid incorrectly Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bigstudio View Post
    Well, here's a good example: You live in the States, so you use AT&T. You take a trip to Australia and once in Australia you want to use your iPhone. AT&T charges USD$1.69 a minute even for local calls (or calls back to the States -- same price). You unlock your phone and buy a SIM from Vodaphone. They charge USD$0.07/minutes. Yes, that's right -- 7 cents vs 169 cents. So perhaps the question is, why WOULDN'T you unlock? I'm not making up these numbers either -- those are actual rates.
    i will bring my unlocked razor on the trip with me, usually dont take expensive stuff with me on vacation dont want it to go missing.

Default Mail crashing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    my email keeps crashing, im going to try and downgrade back to 2.1
    How does mail crash? If it tries to download twice and fails and you can't delete messages etc. then it's a permissions problem. Download Bossprefs and have it "Fix user permissions". That will fix mail.

does anyone know where I can load an iPhone 2.0.2 2G custom firmware ?

You just answered your own question. The other 10% wants to unlock their 3Gs. Besides, there are always ways to get out of a contract whether it's a change in service or coughing up $200 for early termination. You never know.

true but not right away, most people keep their headsets at least a year, after that something newer and better comes out

Quote Originally Posted by bigstudio View Post
    How does mail crash? If it tries to download twice and fails and you can't delete messages etc. then it's a permissions problem. Download Bossprefs and have it "Fix user permissions". That will fix mail.
    what i mean is, when i launch mail it opens and automatically shuts down.. any ideas for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chin View Post
    what i mean is, when i launch mail it opens and automatically shuts down.. any ideas for that?
    What bigstudio said will fix this

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast