Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.0.2 Software Live

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by david77123 View Post
    Yeah I have a 1gb bandwidth limit, so thats half of mine this month from apple today, because whenever I try to pause, when I unpause, it is at 0
    wow that really sucks

they really need an updater like windows update. I guess it would make it easier for the hackers to jailbreak and unlock, because they could just have a look through to see all the changes.

Thanks
    2.0.1 was only out for how many days? lol apple is pushing it...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah I have a 1gb bandwidth limit, so thats half of mine this month from apple today, because whenever I try to pause, when I unpause, it is at 0
    Unfortunately this is going to get even worse in the future. To the majority of us a 260mb download is no longer a big deal. Just 5 years ago 260mb was a ridiculous amount to download. Now it's probably only 3-5% of someone's monthly quota. For those in areas of limited or expensive bandwidth I feel for you but Apple is catering to majority.

they really need an updater like windows update. I guess it would make it easier for the hackers to jailbreak and unlock, because they could just have a look through to see all the changes.
    precisely (amongst many other reasons) why apple doesn't do incremental updates.
    Last edited by imode; 08-18-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You sure it's actually downloading something? When i pause and start over, the portion i downloaded is reverified (it shows downloading at a pace way beyond my internet connection would allow, but i think it's just verifying that part of the file is already there) then as it hits the point i stopped it at, slows down to my actual internet connection speed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got around forty apps installed through Cydia, installer and Appstore. I don't perticualy want to have to re-install everything again (although I Will) when DEV's sort FW2.0,2 out.

I am quite familuar with SSH, what would I need to back up apart from application folder to be able to transfer the
    back to new custon FW2.0,2

Or is this not an option.

Thanks
    IphoneCrazy
    /Marc

The app store has over 500 free applications. You can have more than your phone can hold.

Bit the bullet and upgraded my 2.0.1 quickpwned iPhone on T-Mobile UK through iTunes to 2.0.2....jailbreak gone, but phone remains activated and unlocked.

Thanks

Bit the bullet and upgraded my 2.0.1 quickpwned iPhone on T-Mobile UK through iTunes to 2.0.2....jailbreak gone, but phone remains activated and unlocked.
    Just do Quickpwn with a 2.0.1 firmware file as in the original instructions. I CONFIRM running 2.0.2 firmware with Cydia. (3G iPhone on ATT)

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

24trepid (08-19-2008), pnmd (08-18-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    I've got around forty apps installed through Cydia, installer and Appstore. I don't perticualy want to have to re-install everything again (although I Will) when DEV's sort FW2.0,2 out.

I am quite familuar with SSH, what would I need to back up apart from application folder to be able to transfer the
    back to new custon FW2.0,2

Or is this not an option.

Thanks
    IphoneCrazy
    /Marc
    Would need to backup /var/private/mobile/Library as well which is a pain. Could cause problems with the builtin apps if not done properly. Also, apps don't always survive a firmware upgrade with having to recompile them. I would suggest reinstalling is the correct choice.
    Last edited by imode; 08-18-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    You sure it's actually downloading something? When i pause and start over, the portion i downloaded is reverified (it shows downloading at a pace way beyond my internet connection would allow, but i think it's just verifying that part of the file is already there) then as it hits the point i stopped it at, slows down to my actual internet connection speed.
    Well... Im getting hit with the bandwidth charges so...

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    Unfortunately this is going to get even worse in the future. To the majority of us a 260mb download is no longer a big deal. Just 5 years ago 260mb was a ridiculous amount to download. Now it's probably only 3-5% of someone's monthly quota. For those in areas of limited or expensive bandwidth I feel for you but Apple is catering to majority.

precisely (amongst many other reasons) why apple doesn't do incremental updates.
    Yeah I understand why apple does this, and why it doesnt affect most people, but it affects at least some of us. I have DSL, but at dial-up speeds. You cant say that it wouldnt be convenient though to not have to restore with every update though...

Someone should compress the ipsw files..

They pretty much are compressed- thats why you have to unzip them to edit them.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Just do Quickpwn with a 2.0.1 firmware file as in the original instructions. I CONFIRM running 2.0.2 firmware with Cydia. (3G iPhone on ATT)
    Wait are you saying if you do a Quickpwn with 2.0.1 then you upgrade with itunes to 2.0.2 you will have it jailbreak still.? please explain..

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    How did u manage Cydia on a 2.0.2 firmware after doing a quickpwn on a 2.0.1 firmware file ??

DJBBOY

he's saying he used quickpwn with a downloaded 2.0.1 file after upgrading to to 2.0.2. I'll try now and post back

Quote Originally Posted by bnlstr View Post
    he's saying he used quickpwn with a downloaded 2.0.1 file after upgrading to to 2.0.2. I'll try now and post back
    if he did that he downgraded back to 2.0.1 jailbreak so he wont be on 2.0.2

so can you quickpwn a 2.02 with a2.01 file?

Quote Originally Posted by kopoba11 View Post
    Cannot find any definite improvement from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2
    Everybody is reporting anecdotal evidence
    iPhone 2.0.2 Software Update is Available for Download : iSmashPhone

If you are on 2.0.1 jailbreak, be patient it may not be worth to loose jailbreak for this update.
    My app's are loading MUCH faster than they were before. There's no more lag between pressing lock and having it actually lock. When you tap the app it starts the instant you press it.

It seems that texting is much smoother than it was before. I'm gonna text like crazy and see if it starts getting messed up again .
    Edit: So far so good with the texting, only a millisecond hitch with long word corrections.

Shutdown time: ~16 seconds
    Startup time: ~20 seconds
    Last edited by erix920; 08-18-2008 at 09:06 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast