Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.0.2 Software Live

ive got a question for whem we have an option to upgrade using PWNAGE TOOL.... will all my current downloaded apps using cydia or installer be removed and have to download it again, or using itunes backup it will install all my apps back??? or what can i do

QuickPwn is still only for 2.0.1, but it will be adapted ASAP.

BTW, my SMS keyboard got SLOWER on my update to 2.0.1, does 2.0.2 fix that?

...and i'm still on 2.0
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

n00b here, I'm just wondering how to upgrade the firmware while keeping your old files? (i.e. contacts, call history, apps, music, videos, etc.)

when the hell are we going to have appels push notifacation

Going from a pwned 2.0 to 2.0.1 was fine; some users updated just through iTunes. Is anyone brave enough to try going 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 through iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zcott View Post
    Going from a pwned 2.0 to 2.0.1 was fine; some users updated just through iTunes. Is anyone brave enough to try going 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 through iTunes?
    did it with no problems ....and then downgraded again to custom 2.0.1 with no problems

2G or 3G? No hassle at all?

Is this for ipod Touch too?

It makes sense that if it is for the 2g, which has no 3g connection problems, obviously, then it might also be for the iTouch

OK, i just plugged my iPod in to check myself, and it is for the touch too.
    Last edited by david77123; 08-18-2008 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just installed 2.0.2. doesn't fix reception issue for me in brooklyn, ny. signal still SUCKS!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

alot have said the reception is much better
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Busta View Post
    Man, Apples trying hard to keep the dev team at work!
    they must have discovered unplugged holes these hackers could use to unlock the 3g n now they're patchin it with the excuse of some reception bull s. Now for the 1st gen ifone they not even tryin as they said; they update it too just so it doest fall behind from the 3g.. They're not makin big changes like .3 fw was compared to previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
    wonder if this will fix the other bugs still hanging around... the tedious mass text that came to be after 2.0, or possibly the ridiculous need for itunes to "backup" every time you sync
    on mine's takes a loooong time like close to 2 hours to back it all up!!
    maybe its becuz i have like more then 100 apps.. but still when i uninstall aim for example n install it again from itunes i have to enter all the details again... so much for the "back up"

Quote Originally Posted by esko032 View Post
    when the hell are we going to have appels push notifacation
    i have no idea how that gonna work!
    so it would use wifi to retrieve messages for example from aim n display a notification even tho the app is closed? Or do we have to have a legit contract with at&t to be able to use push services.? some one enlighten me
    Last edited by spyboy_1; 08-18-2008 at 07:34 PM.

So since I just used the quickpwn tool to jailbreak my 3g 2.0.1, should I not do the 2.0.2 upgrade? If I do, will it brick it or just bring it back to factory? Also, my phone just did a backup in itunes after the jailbreak so will it try to reinstall all the jailbroke stuff from my back up?

Brian

The reception and 3G to EDGE hand-off is alot better but still not 100%. iPhone also snappier.

no apple push server????!!!!!!

Could anyone report the modem firmware on a first gen iPhone with this 2.0.2 update?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    So since I just used the quickpwn tool to jailbreak my 3g 2.0.1, should I not do the 2.0.2 upgrade? If I do, will it brick it or just bring it back to factory? Also, my phone just did a backup in itunes after the jailbreak so will it try to reinstall all the jailbroke stuff from my back up?

Brian
    1. Read the first post
    2. No

18. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

Kaas (08-19-2008)

I think it is so dumb of apple how everytime a new version comes out, we have to download that 260mb package AGAIN. I think apple should really work on just making us download the changes that they've made instead of downloading a quarter of a gb everytime. This sucks for people who just don't have good internet due to the fact that they are stuck with a stupid 3 year contract.

Yeah I have a 1gb bandwidth limit, so thats half of mine this month from apple today, because whenever I try to pause, when I unpause, it is at 0

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asma123 View Post
    I think it is so dumb of apple how everytime a new version comes out, we have to download that 260mb package AGAIN. I think apple should really work on just making us download the changes that they've made instead of downloading a quarter of a gb everytime. This sucks for people who just don't have good internet due to the fact that they are stuck with a stupid 3 year contract.
    It's not dumb at all. This is a firmware update and it would be EXTREMELY impractical (not to mention dangerous) to provide this as a delta update. Imagine you are patching the firmware and something happens (like the battery goes dead) your phone would quite possibly be in an unusable state. Frankly, I don't know of any mobile hardware devices (PC's excluded) that isn't updated from a full firmware release.

It seems you are in the 1% minority that are still on a dial-up line? For the majority of us it takes < 3 minutes to download the firmware so why do I want just a patch when I can get a fresh firmware install?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast