+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwned: Fast Windows Jailbreaking Released!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
WooHoo - Got it - I had to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 then run the pwner
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    WooHoo - Got it - I had to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 then run the pwner

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    I would have embarassed you for having such a narrow train of thought and for your failure to search forums but my status here means I have to be "nice".
    Spell retarded correctly in future please, in the attempt not to appear as such.

On the other hand, great news for Windows users. yay!

dale1v, what is this obsession with a "one-click" 5 second do it all program?

i mean other than the obvious reasons.

dont these people realize that "one-click" is simply TOO simple for this phone. there are too many options this phone is capable of being setup with. one click would completely limit that!

for example,
    when i do an unlock i include all these files/fixes to make it a completely functional unlock.

jailbreak,
    activate,
    app support patch,
    bootneuter,
    BSD subsystem,
    mobile folder permission fix,
    installer,
    Open ssh,
    relocate fonts and ringtones,
    youtube fix,
    suid lib fix,
    kb,
    ipod2,
    t-zones hack,
    cookies fix,
    and iamp,

basically, after this process completes (usually less than a minute and a half) my phone is completely bulletproof!
    all i do next is customize, ringtones, wallpapers, etc...

HOW, could you have that kind of control with a "one-click" program (that we all know is copied and zibri himself has even admitted he "copied" since you can't "steal" open source code!)

dude, its so frustrating.
    everyone wants an idiot proof solution for a very non-idiot proof phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have nothing wrong to say about quickpwned it work good had no problem with it i just follow the instruction and it work perfectly is there any way of installing installer, trough Cydia or Winscp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flaviocontreras View Post
    I have nothing wrong to say about quickpwned it work good had no problem with it i just follow the instruction and it work perfectly is there any way of installing installer, trough Cydia or Winscp
    I believe you can download installer from cydia.

Thanks

I always get a message saying that "QuickPwn has encountered a problem and needs to close. WE are sorry for the blah blah blah..." in the middle of the terminal.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I look all over Cydia and cannot find Installer i am problaly thinking they still dont have it or u would just have to used Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2G 2.0 iPhone with cracked ipa and apps
    Hi,

I have been trying to make sense of this thread so far, I am sorry if I am repeating what has been said so far but I am slightly confused.

I have a 2G 2.0 iPhone, with Installer, Cydia and cracked ipa apps on my iPhone. If I want to use this QuickPwn program, I have to upgrade my iPhone via iTunes to 2.0.1 which will make it non jail broke and unlocked.

Then follow the easy steps to get to 2.0.1 using QuickPwn.

If I do this, will I lose my cracked apps, installer and cydia, ssh and the like?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

QuickPWN was fast and easy. My iphone is now finally jail broken! Unfortunately I do not like that pinapple book logo and recovery logo. Is there anyway I can revert it back to the original apple logo?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytoncj View Post
    maybe im cofused here, sorry for my ignorance. i didnt activate with ATT because i love my current plan and didnt want to extend/sign a new contract. i still dont want to activate with ATT. as far as i can tell, this tool doesnt work like the winpwn tool where you check or uncheck jailbreak or activate. my question is if i drop the 2.0.1 fw into the tool, will this upgrade me to 2.0.1 from 1.1.4 and keep my contacts, pictures, etc. will i need to activate some other way or will it just keep it jailbroken/activated like it is now? i havent pwned this phone at all.
    Just spend some time doing some reading of the guides and learn something about your iphone first. Otherwise, you will screw something up. Read through one of the pwnage guides about 2 or 3 times until you are clear. The questions you've been asking have been answered 1000x on MMi.

iTunes syncs/backup your contacts, photos etc for reason... Why would they not be there after you've jailbroken your phone?
    Last edited by imode; 08-18-2008 at 04:27 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my phone is stuck on the pineapple logo for about 5 mins then the home screen comes on? can anybody help me with this problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy NOOB question
    does this bad boy unlock my 2G iphone cause im still on 114 and have a **** load of APPS installed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When u guys say upgrade to 2.0.1 do u gys mean restore to 2.0.1 through itunes??? im a little confused ... and is it possible to get installer through cydia?
    Last edited by Mythos4sl; 08-18-2008 at 04:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

what does this do with the baseband uldate for 3g iphones, does it remove it like pwnage and winpwn? Or are you stuck with an eternaly unlpckable phonr?

IphoneCrazy
    /Marc

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos4sl View Post
    When u guys say upgrade to 2.0.1 do u gys mean restore to 2.0.1 through itunes??? im a little confused ... and is it possible to get installer through cydia?
    First of all yes but only if you have a 2G (not the new 3G) iPhone. Just read again the first message in this thread. As for Installer I'm going to risk getting flamed but you don't need it. It's still beta, extremely buggy and to my knowledge there is nothing on it you can't already get from Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by nintendoscarface82 View Post
    does this bad boy unlock my 2G iphone cause im still on 114 and have a **** load of APPS installed
    yes indeed a very noob question. If you do a little research of course it unlocks your phone and no... you won't get to keep your apps since they are not compatible with 2.0.x. You will find most of these apps (and more) on a combination of Cydia and the App Store. You will be disappointed with Installer because there will be almost nothing available for it.
    Last edited by imode; 08-18-2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

nintendoscarface82 (08-18-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

imode69, excellent responses and i concur with your statements about installer.
    another thing to all other posters, read AT LEAST the first page of posts before you post and also, search first...
    it really annoys me to see the same questions asked in every other post, where the answer is in the opening post...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    what does this do with the baseband uldate for 3g iphones, does it remove it like pwnage and winpwn? Or are you stuck with an eternaly unlpckable phonr?

IphoneCrazy
    /Marc
    Sigh... Just read the first post in this thread. The answer is there...

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricardofelixb View Post
    Yukk!!!
    Windows first!!!
    Pwnge tool for mac already does 2.0.1! Sure pwnge takes longer, But by making your own custom firmware you can preinstall lots packages and that saves time installing them later. You also have control over the size of the first partition . They have made the most simple jailbreak that any nOOb can do. They have made a simple jailbreak for people. They will probably later make it to where it preinstalls some programs and that would be a great improvement. I prefer the mac tool over the windows tool because there are many more options. I give them credit for the thought it took to make the program and maybe they have hit on something good! It is nice to be able to upgrade without restore but i like a new restore once in a while.
    Good work dev team!
    Last edited by JAG2621; 08-18-2008 at 05:51 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just got home from work and i'm already bored so i ran this over my already jailbroken 2.0.1 2G phone and it completed whatever it did with no problems and it looks like nothing happened so I say it works!! haha
    I'll wait until this supports 2.0.2. and then start from scratch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    First of all yes but only if you have a 2G (not the new 3G) iPhone. Just read again the first message in this thread. As for Installer I'm going to risk getting flamed but you don't need it. It's still beta, extremely buggy and to my knowledge there is nothing on it you can't already get from Cydia.

yes indeed a very noob question. If you do a little research of course it unlocks your phone and no... you won't get to keep your apps since they are not compatible with 2.0.x. You will find most of these apps (and more) on a combination of Cydia and the App Store. You will be disappointed with Installer because there will be almost nothing available for it.
    thanks and stuff...also by any chance do you know if swirly mms works for 2.0

+ Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast