+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Apple Update for iPhone - v1.0.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So I bit the bullett and updated. I had a hacked phone and update expecting to get the "Unknown Error" I did and downloaded the 91MB file and restored the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hacked phone, was able to keep all my stuff.
    So I bit the bullett and updated. I had a hacked phone and update expecting to get the "Unknown Error" I did and downloaded the 91MB file and restored the phone. Plain Vanilla iphone. However, I was able to use my backup file without issue. All my customization is gone, but my text, notes, calls, voicemails are all still there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

does it matter if i keep the phone "jailbroken" if i do the update..i havent put it back in jail yet since made the interface look better

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoRebellion View Post
    Are you a spy?
    HAHA!! NARC!!

Quote Originally Posted by a17n5ni17e View Post
    does it matter if i keep the phone "jailbroken" if i do the update..i havent put it back in jail yet since made the interface look better
    hmm...i was wondering what that would do as well...restoring a jailbroken phone. i was worried that it would only format the 300 mb that it can see...and hork up the phone itself...dunno...that is something that i am not willing to risk....at least not today

...in related news...just before the update today, i noticed that my calendar did sync for the first time with my corporate outlook 2003...with no changes on my part (i'm not a big "smartphone" user, so the calendar was not critical)...and it continues to sync with the new update.
    Last edited by antiflash; 08-22-2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Green Apple
    Thanks

where can i get the 1.0.2 firmware to put in the phonedmg folder?

EDIT: found it here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw
    Last edited by mattportner; 08-22-2007 at 12:53 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mattportner For This Useful Post:

parsa (08-22-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattportner View Post

I also submitted a copy for the downloads section of both the patch file and the full restore for 1.0.2

thanks for the apple link
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Quote Originally Posted by mattportner View Post

Do a totale restore goto library itune iphone.update makde iswp into a zip file unzip and place it in you phonedmg folder. I used iactivator 1.1.4 and it activates again

I lost all my notes....... did not even thing that would happen..... I kept them last update!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrad View Post
    So I bit the bullett and updated. I had a hacked phone and update expecting to get the "Unknown Error" I did and downloaded the 91MB file and restored the phone. Plain Vanilla iphone. However, I was able to use my backup file without issue. All my customization is gone, but my text, notes, calls, voicemails are all still there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

damn i downloaded the update and it forced me to restore ugh jailbreaking time again =(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Re: iPhone update 1.0.2
    I had just installed the Installerapp earlier yesterday. I was curious if i would have problems updated to the new version. Well, as soon as it was mounted, it showed up in recovery mode and itunes would only let me restore my phone. I was reluctant to do it. Thought of a way that I could have restored to prevous 1.0.1.. Finally I decided to risk not being able to use any mods. The iphone restored with updated software and icons were back to normal (I had previously modded it using ifuntastic 2.5.0 and got unfavoured results). On I went, to attempt to install the installer app. At the point where the installer script through the terminal asked if i was using 1) for 1.0 or 2) for 1.0.1, i simply chose 2 and installer went as it had before. I restarted phone and the installer app was on home screen. On I went restoring the preferences as i had before.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kargod View Post
    Is Apple just sitting on their collective *** in regards to necessary features updates? I'm a more than happy iPhone user thanks to NES and Installer apps, but anybody without a modded iPhone stands to be ridiculed by anybody with a decent Nokia or LG... I mean the killer user interface and the cleanness the phone has can only go so far in living up to the $650.00 (w/ tax) price-tag and the crappiness that is AT&T.

I want 4 simple features that my 3 year old Motorola v400 had:

-Video Recording (even if it's just a 30 sec clip for the time being)
    -MMS
    -Native IM client
    -Native Games

I know that these features can take time to develop, but it's been almost 50 days and two official updates with very little to add to th shiny goddess that is the iPhone.

Get on the ball Apple.
    Or release an actual SDK so others can get on the ball for you!
    You already have MMS capability...it's in the guides section at the bottom. Basically, every cell phone has an email address whether you know it or not, which is how text and mms are sent. In the To field, if you know the email address already, you can type that. Teleflip offers a service to allow you to send to it any phone no matter what the provider is(they all have different email domain names). Just type [email protected] and it will send to the person you want to send to. An easy way to do this, so you don't have to keep typing this in when you want to send one, is to make new email addresses for those in your contacts that you send mms messages too....then you only have to type it once and can just select it from your contacts(of course, you can only do this from the photo gallery and one at a time...but it's a start at least) ^_^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Itunes made me restore ... im on a PC running vista.... suck fest for me. Still restoring so i havent tested anything yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaMod's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Hello!
    I just wanted to ask a "normal" question here to see if anyone can answer it. If Apple is waiting to do a "BIG" update for the phone, when that will happen is it going to take a least a 1 or 2GB from the memory. My point is that by reading and actually play with the phone, it needs a LOT!!! of up dates and more "normal" apps like other phones that r not even that high tech. With all these updates 1 and 2, so far my phone is close to 7 GB before I put all my info, pictures, songs and numbers on it.

Anyway, that was just my 2 cents story

PS: also wanted to thank to everyone here that is working on hacking the phone! Good work!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ssh and winscp dosent seem to be working correctly after update (im on a pc running vista) any ideas? I did all the steps and cant seem to get it to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    You already have MMS capability...it's in the guides section at the bottom. Basically, every cell phone has an email address whether you know it or not, which is how text and mms are sent. In the To field, if you know the email address already, you can type that. Teleflip offers a service to allow you to send to it any phone no matter what the provider is(they all have different email domain names). Just type [email protected] and it will send to the person you want to send to. An easy way to do this, so you don't have to keep typing this in when you want to send one, is to make new email addresses for those in your contacts that you send mms messages too....then you only have to type it once and can just select it from your contacts(of course, you can only do this from the photo gallery and one at a time...but it's a start at least) ^_^
    thats a poor man MMS, no one on the market uses that method any more. All the phones now days have a native app that does that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nevermind... figured it out... something stupid i was doing... ssh works on pc

Green Apple
    Thanks

my phone wont update or come out of recovery mode this is making me mad

edit:: ok never mind finally got it after the 50th time
    Last edited by Affliction; 08-22-2007 at 10:35 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have the Restore 1.0.2. ipsw file. for some reason when i try to download it a error file comes up. I would greatly appriecate it.

Thanks
    This update basically screwed me. It said "Cannot update, unknown reason" Then it threw me in restore mode and I had to start all over again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
    The update requires agreement to a new Terms of Service (TOS) as well as a brief description of what it does. I will upload the TOS word doc to MMi in case anyone is interested in the legal ramifications of the upgrade...
    Did you get a chance to upload this TOS document? Id be interested in reading it.

Dixit

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the update gave the web flash support!!!!!!1 lolz just joking