Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Apple Update for iPhone - v1.0.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ya I agree

1 more thing, we have two forum threads about the 1.0.2 update, can we merge them or close one to avoid confusion?

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beetleguise View Post
    noob question: when you jailbreak after updating, are you using the same 1.0.1 firmware or are you using the new updated one?
    the update is to firmware version 1.0.2...so you are jailbreaking the new version. I have been using the same old jailbreak app since day 1 (or maybe 2) with great success.

I also just added ringtones via ifuntastic with great success (if that's possible)
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks

I wonder what iTunes is looking for on the iPhone to determine it needs a restore...i wonder if it could be tricked into doing an update instead of a restore and update on a hacked iPhone.

Possible?

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

good thought. i have been screwed on both of the updates and had to do the full restore. what have others experienced? I did upload the patch from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 to the site, so hopefully others can develop the "patch applier" to force feed them onto the phone. i'm no code...but the theory seems sound.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

I have a hacked iPhone. Needed to do the full restore, which sucked, and then it wouldnt restore to my last sync, so I had to manually add my email accounts again. But jailbreaking the long way, adding my ringtones, new icons/themes/apps all went flawless. iPhone back to the same after about 40 minutes, so I am happy again....

My thought on Apple not doing a real needed update is that they are checking to see what (US) are putting on the Iphone. I think this is for the good for the rest of the folks that haven't hacked their Iphones. I think they are trying to get a good idea of what people might want and use the examples of all the apps created here and may even put them in their real update. Since the beginning of the Iphone which basically was nothing more the a few apps now it more then just a phone - music player - video - and what ever else. I think Apple is surprised on the progress of all the cool third party apps that have been created. That is why Apple hasn't disabled the ability to use third party apps. Remember were not alone here on these forums. They do have people that do interact with everyone just as if they were like you. This is how allot of companies build their success from. Now I hope Apple has been keeping tabs on the important things that we want or at less give use a help by lets say slipping some codes

Default Here one problem
    Dont have web gallery option in photos anymore

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    My thought on Apple not doing a real needed update is that they are checking to see what (US) are putting on the Iphone. I think this is for the good for the rest of the folks that haven't hacked their Iphones. I think they are trying to get a good idea of what people might want and use the examples of all the apps created here and may even put them in their real update. Since the beginning of the Iphone which basically was nothing more the a few apps now it more then just a phone - music player - video - and what ever else. I think Apple is surprised on the progress of all the cool third party apps that have been created. That is why Apple hasn't disabled the ability to use third party apps. Remember were not alone here on these forums. They do have people that do interact with everyone just as if they were like you. This is how allot of companies build their success from. Now I hope Apple has been keeping tabs on the important things that we want or at less give use a help by lets say slipping some codes
    apple has never done what people want...they did not add any apps to customize or change fonts, icons, music visualizations on my 5th gen ipod. but this was done by some very smart hackers. My thoughts are they are tracking and developing ways to find out who has hacked the phone, they can use this information in order to deny replacements and save them money. Soon enough in one of these "security updates" they could change the way things work, and cause us to start all over, soon after it will be just a cat and mouse game. It just has not started yet

Does the noise of those black helicopters circling your house keep you awake at night?

...i wish i was a spy *sigh*

They don't need to do an update to see what 'we' are putting on our phones. They browse the interwebz like all other people and can read these forums.

Thanks

i just started to download the new version and its making me restore my iphone. wats up with that ****!

yup, im sick of jailbreaking the phone, over and over and over
    i dunno bout most of you but im leaving it alone for a while, prolly wont last long though :P
    Hit Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

i feel looked at...
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

damnit its still restoring as we speak... i dunno if my contacts are going to be put back in.... this is gay.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

so what did it update?

Thanks

i think it just fixed minor bugs... or should i say... JACKED UP MY HACKED PHONE

how do you roll back to the previous version, i cant seem to get an FTP connection to my ipod, and im starting to think its part of the new update.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast