Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looks like it's unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Looks like it's unlocked
    The iphone is unlocked through hardware but they are hoping to complete a software unlock very soon. Check out the video!

Video:

More info:
    http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2007/...hone-done.html

just watched the youtube video and read about it on http://www.hacktheiphone.com/.

so one week from now, i really hope its sooner than that, im sure it will though. it must be lots of fun to have the knowledge that these guys have to do this. if i had that i would work day and night until i found the solution.

im a AT&T customer with an iphone, but i am in a coutry now where i would really like to use it....... keep working on it guys, cant tell you how much i would appreciate a software unlock in the very near future

he looks REALLY pissed off at the end.

I kinda had a feeling geo would get there soon. Cool news.
    [r a y n e]

nice news. progression!

Dumb question, but how would an unlocked work from a data standpoint? AT&T provides EDGE. Would this work with any other data plan or would the iPhone then be limited to wifi?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nice work
    Last edited by paidinfull; 09-07-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paidinfull View Post
    kinda looks like he was using a turbo sim with a jailbreaked phone replaced tmobile with att icon....im not fooled
    haha

kinda looks like he was using a turbo sim with a jailbreaked phone replaced tmobile with att icon....im not fooled
    yeah.. kept the camera averted and looked like he pulled something away there right

ifuntastic makes it extremely easy to change out the icon to Tmobile. Not to mention they did keep the camera moving very quickly when capturing the video. I would have been impressed if he took his tmobile phone and physically stuck the sim card directly into the iphone. Pretty weak video.

Sure you can change the carrier logo , but you cant change that non v1TMobile sim card he pulled out of the phone.

Did you see him pull that sim card from the phone? I saw him pull his ead away quickly and show a T Mobile sim card immediately after his head was off camera.

Looks like his in his mom's kitchen, what a tool.

looks like a load of bs to me...look at it again, he pulls the sim card and switches them and puts the one from the phone off to the side, cant tell what kind of sim it is though

Instead of calling it "a load of bs" i rather prefer to believe and support the guy. Look at him, a wannabe hacker, trying to make a name for himself and he would expose like that if it wasn´t for real. I rather believe that he wouldn't.

What a geek. I thought it was fake too, I can make my logo say poop, and call someone. I thought he was going to show what the phone said, like ours says cingular customer sometimes.

haha, I bet his ma was recording that for him. And he just used the names of people that whooped the crap out of him in GOW.

he looks so mad o_o;

i bought an iphone today, get it friday and didnt know you had to sign up a 2 yr contract with them to use cingular service. The phone is used so maybe that will change it somehow. I really hope this unlocking works and he really did crack it. I need it asap!!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toby12188 View Post
    yeah.. kept the camera averted and looked like he pulled something away there right
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerdarin2003 View Post
    ifuntastic makes it extremely easy to change out the icon to Tmobile. Not to mention they did keep the camera moving very quickly when capturing the video. I would have been impressed if he took his tmobile phone and physically stuck the sim card directly into the iphone. Pretty weak video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofabutt View Post
    Homo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofabutt View Post
    Did you see him pull that sim card from the phone? I saw him pull his ead away quickly and show a T Mobile sim card immediately after his head was off camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulight View Post
    Looks like his in his mom's kitchen, what a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy0486 View Post
    looks like a load of bs to me...look at it again, he pulls the sim card and switches them and puts the one from the phone off to the side, cant tell what kind of sim it is though
    Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    What a geek. I thought it was fake too, I can make my logo say poop, and call someone. I thought he was going to show what the phone said, like ours says cingular customer sometimes.

haha, I bet his ma was recording that for him. And he just used the names of people that whooped the crap out of him in GOW.

You know you guys are flaming one of the key people that made iphoneinterface and iphuc and the whole modding possible. right? Guess no one wants any new advancements. pitty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast