Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looks like it's unlocked

no kidding. thats exactly what i was thinking. He may have actually done this and all u can do is rag his ***. let him show us what hes got first

Yall hating.. i think it is real unlock

not really sure what to believe with this video. i think i'll just wait a while to see if there's a software unlock. if that happens, i'll definitely take this for real.

Why hate wait a week let him prove himself and his skills then decide what his work is worth

ok, i had no idea who he was but anyway

you can clearly see him switch sim cards, can you not?

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    You know you guys are flaming one of the key people that made iphoneinterface and iphuc and the whole modding possible. right? Guess no one wants any new advancements. pitty.
    yeah geohot and some of the others working on the unlocking .are the best in the hacking community,,,i promise you they would blow your minds on the crap they can pull off.!!!!!!!!!!

cmon guys. I think its the greatest thing that these guys are really trying. keep blasting them and they might stop, then u are all screwed.
    thank you everyone who has contributed. Hey cash, kick all their butts to the curb!

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcuserforever View Post
    cmon guys. I think its the greatest thing that these guys are really trying. keep blasting them and they might stop, then u are all screwed.
    thank you everyone who has contributed. Hey cash, kick all their butts to the curb!
    here here!!!!!! dont ever knock a hacker,then we well all be screwed..

Green Apple
    Thanks

i'm defintly a bit skeptical of this. there is noway tmobile will show up unless it was hacked to show tmobile (not saying he didn't change it after the fact).

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

with full confidence that they actually did unlock it, i'm just going to say that that is a freakin cheesy demo of an unlocked phone. it would have been much more solid if he would have gone straight in with a tmo sim (though they can clone sims, too, so that wouldn't be absolute, either)...but hey...rock on geo-hot! and thanks for yet another breakthrough
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

I hope this is true and not like the one the Chinese are claiming. I find it hard to believe the Chinese since they make so many knock offs.

he def wasnt bs-ing......

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/23/g...is-going-live/

good call tho guys.....lol

I think this would be perfect time for all of those naysayers in this post to go-ahead and eat their own crap, just a simple suggestion not very complicated for their small head.

Forget all of that
    This is what we were all waiting for!
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...lock-is-legit/

Green Apple
    Thanks

Umm, for those saying he had two simcards and you can't tell what the other one is, if you actually TRIED to analyse the video AT ALL, you would see that he pulls out the simcard, puts it in his teeth, then when he puts the simcard between his fingers, he seperates what YOU think is a second simcard and tosses it aside, but BEFORE the camera moves, you can pause it and see that it is a piece of metal, and NOT a simcard.

it must be some kind of holder or something that comes out with the simcard, which obviously is not part of the simcard.

You can even see it without pausing, you can tell it's really shiny.

wow these people don even know about the sim tray in thier own phones. and they are knocking this hacker...dumbasses

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunnywala View Post
    wow these people don even know about the sim tray in thier own phones. and they are knocking this hacker...dumbasses
    HAHA...yeah, he was interviewed by one of the major news stations today. they interviewed him, his dad and even went through his house with the camera. it was pretty funny seeing him in the spotlight after something that was probably done during many many late nights alone.

good times...mad props to geohot for the awesome unlock hack.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Quote Originally Posted by Sofabutt View Post
    Did you see him pull that sim card from the phone? I saw him pull his ead away quickly and show a T Mobile sim card immediately after his head was off camera.
    Yes ,I've found the same problem as you.
    But he is so redoubtable if it was unlocked finally!

Quote Originally Posted by nebulight View Post
    Looks like his in his mom's kitchen, what a tool.
    Last edited by danny cena; 08-26-2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yea guys just be optimistic rather than knock him all over the place. Cuz he finally came up with the first hardware unlock and helped develop the yet to arrive software unlock. so just be grateful he's helped in the unlocking process at all. I know i am

Thanks
    There's a place about 30 mins drive from me that does it. I'm going to check it out sometime this week. If it's all good, then I'm going to purchase a 8GB and get it unlocked there...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast