+ Reply
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simplify Media Get if Free While You Can

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It seems to be working fine on my iPhone so far. Add me: awayze Not a lot songs, only 810. Mostly Rock, Metal, Nu Metal, Hip/Hop Rap. All or most
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

It seems to be working fine on my iPhone so far.

Add me: awayze

Not a lot songs, only 810. Mostly Rock, Metal, Nu Metal, Hip/Hop Rap.

All or most albums by Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, KoRn, Slipknot, Eminem, Evanescence and few other artists.

Thanks
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 08-16-2008 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

For anyone using this, and sharing their libraries with the hundreds (thousands?) of people reading this forum... a question - if you have a number of people playing songs from your music, just how lagged is your computer and internet connection going to be? And, are there any security issues of freely opening your computer to others using this app? Not that I'm paranoid or anything!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bayloc View Post
    i cannot connect to my shares. i just did folders, not my ituens library or anything. anyone else do that and have problems. i can connect to other peoples that are on my list but mine still says scanning libraries
    Same here... been scanning libraries for about 24 hrs now... not sure what's going on
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

Thanks

i'm just wondering, how long is it supposed to take to "scan libraries"? it seems to be taking a really long time

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickswagger View Post
    i'm just wondering, how long is it supposed to take to "scan libraries"? it seems to be taking a really long time
    I just synced one library so far with 810 songs and took less than 5 mins, max 10 mins to get everything running smoothly

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I just synced one library so far with 810 songs and took less than 5 mins, max 10 mins to get everything running smoothly
    Same here, I indexed about 2400 songs from my external and the wife indexed about 1500 from her pc. Took maybe 8 minutes total.

Thanks
    something else must be wrong then.........oh well. i really dont care. im not gonna use it that much for my own music. i can access others libraries.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default cool
    a wifi connections to play files:-( thats fine, BUT access files using 3g!?!?!?! now that would be a problem:-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Brilliant
    All working via my Mac. One of the best apps.
    Anyone know if you can get it working directly onto a Qnap NAS drive?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    For anyone using this, and sharing their libraries with the hundreds (thousands?) of people reading this forum... a question - if you have a number of people playing songs from your music, just how lagged is your computer and internet connection going to be? And, are there any security issues of freely opening your computer to others using this app? Not that I'm paranoid or anything!
    You're only allowed to share it with 30 people. It doesn't affect your internet connection and your computer isn't open, just your music.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure no one will ever find a way to exploit that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you have to have a playlist for each album or minimal sub directories cause its not adding all my music for some reason

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

add me maya0724..... i have classic hip hop and rap and r&b

Green Apple
    Thanks

If interested in adding me my username is vhicke I have hip hop,RNB,alternative....

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

wow didnt know about this thanks!
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I loooove this app!!! it freakin rocks...if you would like to add me my user name is Miss.Mindy.... i have all sorts of music from 80's rock to rap!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow! first, massive thanks to cash7c3, broomhead and all of the mods and contributors here who have give us such tremendous support for the past 8 months. we are in debt to the community for all your help.

second, apologies for not being able to hang out here much. we've been a little overwhelmed. apologies as well for folks having problems. our goal is to work the first time, everytime.

everyone here is pretty technical, so I wanted to explain a bit more how we work. when you first install, you pick folder sharing or library sharing. then, we locate the associated songs and parse them for their meta-information. as we process them we advertise them as available to other devices, including your own "reflection."

So, the scan count you see on your own machine isn't really how many songs we have found -- it is how many are ready to be played by other machines. This has debugging advantages, but we now know how confusing it is.

here is what can go wrong:

1) we can't find any songs. this could happen if we can't find your library file or if, somehow, we can't access a file directory

2) we've found files but we can't connect to advertise that they are available. this could be a server problem (like Fri morning), but, increasingly these are strange issues on your machine or local network

Unfortuantely, 1 and 2 look the same to users -- hence much scan / connecting confusion. We need to address this.

3) we can only find some files. usually, it is because the first scan is slow, but other options are that the files aren't support or, maybe, that we can't find the right library file. sometimes people have multiple or old library files and there is an example of this upthread.

if we are still scanning and "advertising" you won't see playlists. they load last.

here's what to do after install

1) wait a few minutes.

-if you see you song count starting to increase, wait until it stops. if your Reset, it will start over

-if you get stuck at a low number, send us logs using Report Issue

-if you are at 0, pick Troubleshooting

if it says, done -- no files found, switch your sharing settings from library to sharing or vice versa. if it offers other advice, folllow it. if you are still stuck at connect / scanning, use Report Issue. something may be blocking us (Kaspersky AV, a software firewall, etc) or there may have been an installation problem. there are certainly examples of this in the thread.

I hope this helps. I am going to try to roll this up into a much better FAQ for our blog.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to paul_simplifymedia For This Useful Post:

Muggz5 (08-16-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

just for everyone's reference, i have about 30GB of music, about 6,000 songs. i restarted the sync process a few times, and now i see everything.

t-zones = no go. on a lighter note though, AIM uses t-zones happily.

Thanks

yes sir it looks like my good ole pal tzones shall be denied of glory.

Le sigh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Add me. steveoc200077

for some reason all my songs are on the list twice.

mostly rap

check out freestylewizard if you like souther rap.
    First gen iphone 16gb
    unlocked on 2.0
    I heart my iphone