+ Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simplify Media Get if Free While You Can

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
add me: 06zx6r

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My sn is iRainman. I got all types of music but mainly Rap R&B.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do not know if this has been posted, to many pages to go through but a little reminder would not hurt....This was put up on their site today~~~Free Advertising for Modmyifone..Just FYI on how long it will stay free....If you appreciate it please say thanks...

We launched the first version of Simplify Media last summer. For the past year, we’ve experienced smooth growth, but all of that changed dramatically less than 4 days ago when our application debuted in the Apple App Store. Our (aggressive) target was to have 100,000 downloads in 30 days. Instead we reached that goal in about 30 hours. As of last night, we had 205,909 downloads.

Your generous reaction to Simplify Media has exceeded our wildest projections. Blogs like: Gizmodo, Lifehacker, TUAW, CrunchGear and Download Blog and forums / news sites like: modmyi, MacRumors, AppleInsider, MacBidouille and digg are filled with encouraging comments. However, there have also been people who ran into trouble.

The overwhelming response has caused us to experience some growing pains:

Infrastructure: We discovered two problems with our servers (one Friday and another last night) that forced us to scramble. That meant many of you couldn’t connect for a period of time.

Product: We learned that two of our features, album art on the iPhone and password reset, weren’t scalable, so we disabled these. If you have forgotten your password, email us from the address associated with your screen name.

Support systems: We found out that our email provider enforces a hard limit on the number of email we can send per day.

Now we face a dilemma. According to the “free for the first 100,000″ plan we announced, we should be charging for new downloads. However, we are not confident that we can deliver a user experience that meets our expectations (and yours) until we work out a few more kinks. As a result, we’ve decided to remain free for a while longer as we make improvements. In return, we ask for your continued patience as we work through the growing pains.

A final note: to stay ahead of the curve, we are schedule a maintenance window on 8/19 from 9:00 -9:30a Pacific, that’s tomorrow.

By the way you can me if you want...I have mosty R&B and remixes.....

Trilogy069
    Last edited by trilogy069; 08-18-2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I saw this app up a few days ago in the app store - i noticed it in the top 25, and I remember thinking i would have even payed for this, it's exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for for my iPhone! Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of luck with this program. I have close to 9,000 songs, just over 40GB of music, but the program always stops indexing around 7700 for some reason, and it doesn't work properly on the iPhone. The main issues with the iPhone app is that it only shows a portion of my library, and as I've discovered, of other libraries as well. Seemingly random songs are just missing, and I can only get a small portion of any library to show up. Also, the artist bios and lyrics don't scroll down, so you can only get the first page of them! There is also the album art issue and apparently password reset issues which have both been mentioned on their website cited earlier in this thread.

I had given up on this program and deleted it this morning, but then I saw this thread when I came to check for new updates, and after reading through the whole thing, I have decided to give it another chance. I wasn't aware of the context of the situation. I really hope you guys can get this together, I would love to see it working correctly!!!

Also, thanks a ton to everyone in this thread for sharing your usernames, I now have a huge list of pending invites, and several extensions of my library You can add me if you'd like, my username is willydavidk, and as I mentioned before I have about 7700 being shared, a lot of alt rock, electronic, and punk, but overall a very varied library.

-David

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you need a relatively fast computer for this? And I'm guessing it doesn't let you see photos and videos, right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey everyone been using this program and u love it I would like share my library with a few people. My username is georgc send me a invite an I will do the same.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacktaylor73 View Post
    Do you need a relatively fast computer for this? And I'm guessing it doesn't let you see photos and videos, right?
    I dont think the program was designed for videos/photos but I would imagine when they do decide to release the full purchase version they might try and incorporate this feature. (if its possible)
    I havent been able to view photos or video, which is fine considering the app. "qik" is out and does this for you. (you can get it in Cydia) As far as the speed of the computer goes, it isnt neccessary to have a fast computer but it sure does help alot! If you have a good internet connection (i.e. broadband, or a speedy DSL) this will help you out better also.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    ......I had given up on this program and deleted it this morning, but then I saw this thread when I came to check for new updates, and after reading through the whole thing, I have decided to give it another chance. I wasn't aware of the context of the situation. I really hope you guys can get this together, I would love to see it working correctly!!!.......

-David
    If you look above where you posted, he does explain some issues and why they are happening, I would probably refrain from any negative feedback at this point until you've purchased it. (if they ever decide to go that route)

Also I guess whats the big deal that everything didnt show up? LoL there are 7700 files as you stated.. Im not flaming you here, I just think your expectations are a little high for freeware.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-22-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've had it and love it. I don't have 3g, so it takes a bit for songs to buffer... but it still works great.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    I would probably refrain from any negative feedback at this point until you've purchased it. (if they ever decide to go that route)

Also I guess whats the big deal that everything didnt show up? LoL there are 7700 files as you stated.. Im not flaming you here, I just think your expectations are a little high for freeware.
    Well first of all, it wasn't really intended as negative feedback, as I stated before that I didn't understand the context of the situation. By saying I hope they get it all working, I mean I hope they can iron out the kinks that were mentioned before, and get it all running smoothly. Oh, and as for the files missing, I can only get to about 200 of my songs on my phone, so it has rendered the program virtually useless in that respect - tho I still use it on my computer regularly

My expectations were only high becasue 1.) It was in the top 10 apps on the appstore, 2.) the appstore reviews were excellent (which is rather rare), 3.) it seemed to promise that it would do the job (and I'm rather gullible i suppose), and 4.) Word hit this website less than a day after I installed

KelvinalF
    KelvinAlf is my sn add me if you'd like I'm combining my music with my sisters and we both have different taste so I should have something you like

+ Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910