+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Affordable iPhone 3g SIM Unlock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you can't wait for a software unlock any longer there is now an affordable SIM Unlock for the 3g iPhone. Not only is it out, but the price is
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,268 Times in 652 Posts

Default Affordable iPhone 3g SIM Unlock
    If you can't wait for a software unlock any longer there is now an affordable SIM Unlock for the 3g iPhone. Not only is it out, but the price is fairly cheap at $20.50 USD. If this is something you've been waiting for you can pick it up from Brando.

While we haven't seen any confirmation yet of this working properly at $20 you might as well give it a shot. If you have used this product please post and tell us
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Affordable iPhone 3g SIM Unlock-s0932000100_01_l.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    If you can't wait for a software unlock any longer there is now an affordable SIM Unlock for the 3g iPhone. Not only is it out, but the price is fairly cheap at $20.50 USD. If this is something you've been waiting for you can pick it up from Brando.

While we haven't seen any confirmation yet of this working properly at $20 you might as well give it a shot. If you have used this product please post and tell us
    seems like a fake but we wont know unless we try it for sure

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Just Lookin ......
    I looked on ebay and found these for sale. Most of the people who purchased them left feedback saying this card works with 3g phones.

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've got one. I just don't have a 3G iphone to try it in!

What's Jailbreak? thermalpenguin's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm...
    im going to see if i cant find 20 bucks i could spend on this. would certainly be cheaper than the 70/month i'm paying at&t right now lol

oh and it totals to 23.50 after shipping.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

The people leaving feedback on ebay could be fakers, I have seen this done before, I used one of these sim chips on a 2G iPhone at the beginning of this year and it didnt work.

I say just wait a little longer for the devs to prevail like they always do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Different Supplier Same Card
    Hey All,
    I have been using one I got online for over a week now on T-Mobile USA with no issues. As a caveat though, 2 other people I know that got the same thing I did have had just ok results (they seem to drop Edge a lot).
    For me, everything works (Edge, Push Email, etc) and I am on 2.0.1.
    I don't want anyone to think that I am trying to advertise where I got it from so I will just say that my card looks EXACTLY THE SAME as this one (and yes, I know that you can never trust a picture on the internet!). Plus, the place I got it from just doubled their prices from $19 to $39.
    I did slightly modify this card though. I snipped the sides down because I felt like it was bowing out when I taped it to my SIM.
    Just one user's experience with this type of SIM unlocker.
    -D.

Ps. I will answer questions when I can on this thread.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nik138 View Post
    seems like a fake but we wont know unless we try it for sure
    Why does it "seem like a fake" ?

Oh I know , your "one of those people" who thinks every photo on the net is photoshopped too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dratk00l View Post
    Hey All,
    I have been using one I got online for over a week now on T-Mobile USA with no issues. As a caveat though, 2 other people I know that got the same thing I did have had just ok results (they seem to drop Edge a lot).
    For me, everything works (Edge, Push Email, etc) and I am on 2.0.1.
    I don't want anyone to think that I am trying to advertise where I got it from so I will just say that my card looks EXACTLY THE SAME as this one (and yes, I know that you can never trust a picture on the internet!). Plus, the place I got it from just doubled their prices from $19 to $39.
    I did slightly modify this card though. I snipped the sides down because I felt like it was bowing out when I taped it to my SIM.
    Just one user's experience with this type of SIM unlocker.
    -D.

Ps. I will answer questions when I can on this thread.

Sounds good. I guess I'll take your word for it and order one of these. I been wanting to use my phone for a while. As long as this works on T-Mobile its all good, and $20 is not much anyways.

I found this pic, did you have to cut yours out like on this pic ?
    Last edited by Emjei; 08-14-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks

Default Doesnt Work
    Simply put..don't waste your time or money. Any if you loose your cut sim card inside the phone, don't say you haven't been warned.

Developer
    Thanks

hahaha again I save the day :P
    i r brando

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emjei View Post
    Sounds good. I guess I'll take your word for it and order one of these. I been wanting to use my phone for a while. As long as this works on T-Mobile its all good, and $20 is not much anyways.

I found this pic, did you have to cut yours out like on this pic ?
    I cut it similar, the trick is taping the adpater to the SIM with slivers of tape on the sides (and I did the bottom too). When you cut it make sure the chip on the Unlocker is not butting up against any part of the SIM. Others have used a hole punch to accomdate the room.

This will prevent any issues with "losing your SIM".

Just remember to do following:

Turn off 3G
    Enable Data Roaming
    Use which ever WAP you are using now AND
    Force the Network Carrier to T-Mobile.

That's how I have it set up.
    -D.
    Last edited by dratk00l; 08-14-2008 at 06:43 AM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dratk00l For This Useful Post:

Emjei (08-14-2008), robeeen (08-30-2008), stewart12 (08-16-2008), VIXITOZ (08-16-2008)

Rip
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dratk00l View Post
    Turn off 3G
    Enable Data Roaming
    Use which ever WAP you are using now AND
    Force the Network Carrier to T-Mobile.

That's how I have it set up.
    -D.
    So, are you saying it won't support 3G?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got myself a rebelsimcard and it works great except for a little tiny quirk: you can't receive calls when 3g is enabled. I see now they posted an update for the card on the site so I'll see if that fixex it (you can also order the rebel programmer which can update the sim).
    Check out this link for more info

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bleached_swan For This Useful Post:

robeeen (08-30-2008)

Thanks

yessim ownz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default its works
    it works fine only problem i had was it was kind of hard putting it in the sim slot. and than when it was in it was a pain to take it out. other than that its pretty cool. why did they just showed us this thing its been out a couple of weeks already.

My iPhone is a Part of Me exNavy's Avatar
    Thanks

First, and this is just my opinion, but it is not a good idea to post this thread. Second, if you are gullible enough to buy this, then at least post what country you are using it in, and with what network. You immediately lose all credibility in my eyes if your post reads like a 4 year old wrote it. Hackint0sh.org has some great discussions on what scams these SIMs are that spoof their way on to a network, not to mention the potential liabilities they open you to.
    Last edited by exNavy; 08-14-2008 at 09:08 AM.
    I write Mac only tutorials for the iPhone. Check out my iOS 6 and iOS 7 tutorials: modmyphone d o t us

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    First, and this is just my opinion, but it is not a good idea to post this thread. Second, if you are gullible enough to buy this, then at least post what country you are using it in, and with what network. You immediately lose all credibility in my eyes if your post reads like a 4 year old wrote it. Hackint0sh.org has some great discussions on what scams these SIMs are that spoof their way on to a network, not to mention the potential liabilities they open you to.
    USA.
    T-Mobile USA.
    I am an engineer at the company on the line above.
    I have read the Hackint0sh forums on this, they are correct on most counts (including what they say for SOME unlockers, but not all, about the network static) and it is true that some people have issues. Luckily, I don't and the things they mention about spoofing (IMSI's, IMEI's, etc) are not an issue with this card. BUT BY NO MEANS I am saying any one should buy this or should unlock there phone's at all, in fact in my original post I even said I would not mention where I got mine from. I was just relaying my personal experience with this type of hardware, nothing more.
    -D.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    So, are you saying it won't support 3G?
    Im actually wondering about that too, does it mean you cant use 3G at all, or do you turn it back on after the SIM starts working ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emjei View Post
    Im actually wondering about that too, does it mean you cant use 3G at all, or do you turn it back on after the SIM starts working ?
    If you are not on the same exact 3g bandwidth as the 3gphone it will not pick up the 3g signal no matter if it is unlocked or not and if your sim is a t-mobile usa please dont even bother it will not work ever.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast