+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Affordable iPhone 3g SIM Unlock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just thought I would let you guys know that universal-sim has an unlock working with the 3G network. They have a video up and everything. heres the link UNIVERSAL-SIM —
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Just thought I would let you guys know that universal-sim has an unlock working with the 3G network. They have a video up and everything.

heres the link

UNIVERSAL-SIM — The ultimate universal unlock SIM

Apparently the Dev team is now trying to say dont use a Sim unlock with the 3G that it could be traced back and considered tampering and could go to jail or what not.
    Last edited by CUBBIEblue16; 08-19-2008 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CUBBIEblue16 For This Useful Post:

VIXITOZ (08-28-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default SIM Card unlocking iPhone 3G.
    So, Is it possible to use SIM card ,that I don't know exactly what the kind of SIM could be and is allowed me to use iPhone since FW 1.1.2, with iPhone 3G?
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Still having problems with signal
    Hi Guys...i am still loosing signal..now my inphone been updated 2.0.2 with universal sim and i think when phone change from one celd to another ) one towersignal to another tower...it looses signal and does not recover back.. any solution ¿? will preciate your help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Worked good for me with a nice fit! Only MINOR trimming of your SIM is required, and it did NOT get stuck in my phone!
    Last edited by k2trill; 08-28-2008 at 12:27 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to k2trill For This Useful Post:

VIXITOZ (08-28-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear Friend can you tell us exactly what model you are using ¿? there are so many vendors...we just do not know wich ones sell the GOOD ones and wich ones Do Not...as i stated before...iSmartsim DID NOT WORK For me ...i mean DID NOT WORK...because after a while it looses signal and it does not recover it back...YES IT SHOWS ME the network name...i am able to do phonecalls receive phonecalls..NOT ABLE To edge..and after a few minutes..or hours...and even 2 or 3 days Sudenly it looses teh signal Network operator name dissapear...and NO SERVICE appearTHATs whay i say it DOESNT WORK...
    Dont buy ismartsim is what i recommend if you dont want to loose time and money...
    I AM VERY EXITED WITH UNIVERSAL SIM...but nobody tell us the real experience with it and i dont want to spend more money UNIVERSAL SIM V,500 can be found here UNIVERSAL-SIM — The ultimate universal unlock SIM if you have tested it please let us know.. thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, I just got my Brando sim unlock and it works! Yippeee! I had another brand of simcard unlock previously and when a Tmobile representative decided to change the tower I was using, the sim burned up. I had to wait a while for this thing, but hopefully it has paid off. I just bought a second one just in case. Of course, you have to turn the 3g off, and you have to put your internet service on hold until there is a fix (hey, someone out there, fix that!), but all in all it's a good thing. worth the 20 smacks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anybody ran a test on edge using this product ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I did it...
    I did it today. sim unlock from Brando worked as claimed.

pics here...

Paid $20 for the sim unlock plus just $3 shipping, arrived in 9 days.

Last edited by RC_OZ; 08-28-2008 at 06:26 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RC_OZ For This Useful Post:

robeeen (08-31-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey I just received my sim unlock today too and I cannot connect to T-Mobile!! At first, I thought it was my sim not being positioned properly but then after I got it out (after an hour and completely destroying my sim tray), I try selecting T-Mobile in Cariier setting and it keeps reading "Network Lost: Your selected cellular network is no longer available. You can choose a different network in Settings." OVER AND OVER!!!! Any tips??

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey RC_OZ,
    I'm from Thailand either. Which is the brand name of unlocking SIM you have used and worked fine? Please reckon which one is good.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=134341&dateline=12227  78385

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i got mine from hypersimstore.com

EDIT: UPDATE!!!
    tested it today!
    works perfect! and edge works too!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-01-2008 at 02:48 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default brando sim
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart12 View Post
    So, I just got my Brando sim unlock and it works! Yippeee! I had another brand of simcard unlock previously and when a Tmobile representative decided to change the tower I was using, the sim burned up. I had to wait a while for this thing, but hopefully it has paid off. I just bought a second one just in case. Of course, you have to turn the 3g off, and you have to put your internet service on hold until there is a fix (hey, someone out there, fix that!), but all in all it's a good thing. worth the 20 smacks.
    What do you mean you have to put your Internet service on hold? No Internet? That sucks!!! What about any of you other people with sim unlock cards, does your internet work? (I'm with T-Mobile USA)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stewart12 View Post
    I bought the i-smartphone 2008 from brando's website for $20.50 + $3.00 shipping & it took like 11 Days for me to get it, but it worked except for edge............... I google arround and found nothing. So I played around with with the settings and I discovered a fix.

First make sure the sim adapter is installed properly. Once you have done that disable the 3G and let the phone recognize the sim card with the adapter installed as soon as you see the carrier name appear go to settings/general/reset and rest the network setting. You will now see the Edge symbol.

That's All You Have To Do!
    I Have T-Mobile USA (internet2.voicestream.com)Make sure you check your APN settings
    Note: I noticed that after reseting the network settings the sim adapter turned off the 3G automatically, forced selected T-Mobile as my carrier and turned on data roaming.

Last edited by bamgates; 09-01-2008 at 03:40 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Help me understand why a TMobile subscriber (like myself) would consider buying a 3G without being able to use its functionality? Basically you went through the hassle of getting a 3G for a pretty case, which by the way sell about 20 - 35 bucks at the Apple Store. Just to use EDGE?

3G iPhone = $599.00
    Sim-Unlock = $20.00
    No ability to run at speeds in which phone was designed for = Priceless

Heheheh couldnt resist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Help me understand why a TMobile subscriber (like myself) would consider buying a 3G without being able to use its functionality? Basically you went through the hassle of getting a 3G for a pretty case, which by the way sell about 20 - 35 bucks at the Apple Store. Just to use EDGE?

3G iPhone = $599.00
    Sim-Unlock = $20.00
    No ability to run at speeds in which phone was designed for = Priceless

Heheheh couldnt resist.
    No My Friend............

T-Moble Plan = $Free.99(family plan that is so low I don't have to pay)
    iPhone 3G for Me = $299(plus NYC Tax :-( = $324)
    Sim Adapter = $23.50(from Brando)
    MobileMe = $50( 1yr Subscription)
    Case = $34(That Hasn't Come Out Yet)Sidewinder Deluxeâ„¢ for iPhone 3G
    The Look On The People Face That Pay's AT&T Plan Prices ($89+) Priceless..........LMAO!

Also T-Mobile Will Launch 3G Service Some Time In October And Will In Fact Support 1700 & 2100 MHz. The iPhone 3G Supports 2100 MHz!
    iPhone 3G and T-Mobile USA??? Yes, Finally, It will work!!! - Mac Forums
    Last edited by bamgates; 09-01-2008 at 10:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @bamgates:
    LOL what?
    No it won't. While muggz5 seems like an ***, he's right. The iPhone 3g WONT work with t-mo USAs 3g network. For one thing, 2100 is just a rounded out number. They're not all the same frequency. And even if they were, you'd still need the 1700 band to connect to t-mo's 3g towers. Which the iPhone doesn't have. See, it's not one or the other. It's both bands together. So basically it's like he said. You just bought a 3g iPhone just for the prettier casing. You might as well gone, and sticked with, the first gen iPhone....

and BTW: $299 for a contract free iPhone? Nope. I don't think so. You either payed all your fees which brought it to around $600 or you went ahead and ruinned your credit by just not honoring your contract that you had to sign with AT&T to get it for that price. Nice.

Ps. For future references: they hire any jacka$$ of legal working age for CS. Don't believe everything the zit covered teen on his summerjob, answering phones or working behind the counter at your local mall t-mo kiosk, says.
    Last edited by izim1; 09-01-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey there, new to this forum but have been reading a lot about these SIM unlockers.

Does your 3G iPhone have to be activated first to unlock? I have been reading a lot of sites/posts and it isn't clear that I have to have the phone activated first or if I can just have a friend who has ATT buy one for me and be ok. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I had one of these fr the 1st gen phone and it was trash. I went through about 3 of them (NextSim was out of stock for months on end which is why i went with this one). It works for a while and randomly stops working, even when taped on tight. I don't recommend these "pre-programmed" chips. They never hurt my phone but they are a huge waste of money.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hi
    I'm from saudi Arabia. I got a 3g from London used turbo sim and unlocked to vodafone network.all seemed great for few days. But when I came back to Saudi I changed the sim to my local network(very carefully of course)

It worker for 2days after which GONE.

I tried all methods available online including reprogram.

No use.

My advise - it works good if u r lucky!!!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izim1 View Post
    @bamgates:
    LOL what?
    No it won't. While muggz5 seems like an ***, he's right. The iPhone 3g WONT work with t-mo USAs 3g network. For one thing, 2100 is just a rounded out number. They're not all the same frequency. And even if they were, you'd still need the 1700 band to connect to t-mo's 3g towers. Which the iPhone doesn't have. See, it's not one or the other. It's both bands together. So basically it's like he said. You just bought a 3g iPhone just for the prettier casing. You might as well gone, and sticked with, the first gen iPhone....

and BTW: $299 for a contract free iPhone? Nope. I don't think so. You either payed all your fees which brought it to around $600 or you went ahead and ruinned your credit by just not honoring your contract that you had to sign with AT&T to get it for that price. Nice.

Ps. For future references: they hire any jacka$$ of legal working age for CS. Don't believe everything the zit covered teen on his summerjob, answering phones or working behind the counter at your local mall t-mo kiosk, says.
    Play nice.