Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Affordable iPhone 3g SIM Unlock

Im actually wondering about that too, does it mean you cant use 3G at all, or do you turn it back on after the SIM starts working ?
    It does support 3g but you have to deactivate the feature the first time you insert the sim.

I have rebelsim which I think is the best one because you can update it and it works with 2.0.1. But even with the new update they have out my problem isn't fixed: if I enable 3g it works but I cannot receive calls. I can call people myself and get and receive SMS. Also I have two rebelsims and one got broken when I tried too hard to reinsert it in the iPhone. I know now that you have to push it a certain way. Also updating the sim can be pretty hard (and risky) because you need the big card inside which your original mobile carrier sim came from the store (hope you understand which one I'm talking about).

The big idea is that they don't prepare you for all the problems you might have (which can depend strongly on your country and mobile network) but as far as rebelsim goes I can attest from personal experience that it IS legitimate.

My mobile carrier is Vodafone. Country: Romania.

Also: do any of you guys have issues with your unlocking sims?
    Last edited by bleached_swan; 08-14-2008 at 12:05 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bleached_swan For This Useful Post:

Emjei (08-14-2008), robeeen (08-30-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Emjei View Post
    Im actually wondering about that too, does it mean you cant use 3G at all, or do you turn it back on after the SIM starts working ?
    In the US, T-Mobile runs on a completely different frequency not supported by the iPhone for the uplink, the downlink is the same but it will not switch off between Edge up and 3G down (or at least I don't think it will). I am in a T-Mobile 3G area and it doesn't work.

In short, in the US, no 3G on the iPhone for T-Mobile USA.
    Sorry,
    -D.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dratk00l For This Useful Post:

Emjei (08-14-2008)

Thanks

i tried some of my old sims things like that one and i actually broke my sim tray... is there anything that can be done with the phone to accept that sim cuz i still get invalid sim

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Don't worry people..... someone will come out with something... they always do.... what I would like to do is this.... I would like to clone my sim card and use it in my first iPhone..... so I can use both... I feel I am not breaking any law by doing this... as I pay for unlimited phone calls per month..... so I feel I should be able to use both of my phones if I want to..... anyone know of a fix for me?

Quote Originally Posted by dratk00l View Post
    In the US, T-Mobile runs on a completely different frequency not supported by the iPhone for the uplink, the downlink is the same but it will not switch off between Edge up and 3G down (or at least I don't think it will). I am in a T-Mobile 3G area and it doesn't work.

In short, in the US, no 3G on the iPhone for T-Mobile USA.
    Sorry,
    -D.

I have tested many many sims with different firmwares and patch counts for chris from yessim. My best results for iPhone 3g on 2.01 firm is:

T-mobile USA Im in AZ
    Using Yessim Fully working edge
    Do not drop service after a few hours
    Been working fully with T-Zones & Push Mail
    Firmware 2.0.1
    Sim Firm 2.4 beta 4C
    Patch count 29
    MCC-MNC: 00101

3g disabled and data roaming enabled.
    I can even pick up other carriers. I am typing this from VT US

On a UNICEL network

I do not have 3g as everybody knows t-mobile does not support 3g where I am and on the same frequency.

Im fine without it though
    Last edited by JK1234; 08-14-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: mistake in reading previous post
    Who uses signatures these days???

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JK1234 For This Useful Post:

Emjei (08-14-2008), robeeen (08-30-2008)

so here is the questions if the 3G signal is not compatible with tmobile why in earth are tmobile customers buying 3G?

I tried to purchase this from brando, but they cancelled my order TWICE. The sent me one anyways lol. This does work with the iphone 3g on 2.0.1, but you have to have 3g off. Also with data roaming on you get edge. The only problem i had is that i almost destroyed the sim card tray trying to get the sim card back out. I am taking the 3g iphone back until there is a software unlock. Cincinnati Bell doesn't get 3g until later this year anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    Don't worry people..... someone will come out with something... they always do.... what I would like to do is this.... I would like to clone my sim card and use it in my first iPhone..... so I can use both... I feel I am not breaking any law by doing this... as I pay for unlimited phone calls per month..... so I feel I should be able to use both of my phones if I want to..... anyone know of a fix for me?
    that's kinda what i wanna know. i bought a first gen iphone and am a legit ATT customer so i'm eligable for an upgrade to a 3G. but if i get one of those it kills the SIM for the OG phone and i won't be able to use it any more. i want to be able to switch back and forth incase i go camping or if i do something with a greater poss. of it getting broken. anyone know how?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    people people people the reason 3g doesnt work on your iphones is because att is the only carrier that supports 3g of course its not gonna work on t mobile

I've just got my unlock sim. I didn't do anything.. I put it into the iPhone as the same preview version and I got no signal for the first 2 seconds and T-mobile show up and my phone!

Definitely works!
    Thx!

works on iPhone 3G! just tested it on my iPhone 3G, and works like a charm. but i feel somewhat worried that this little chip is all that is holding my world together...
    -btung

i gotz this whole coding thing down

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dear Friends i am user from venezuela South america, here we do not have 3G so i deactivated from phone...and i am using 3 different kind of xsim or turbosim or whatever they are called ...i get them to work for a few hours but later they lost signal and they do not recover it back..is there any solution ? what i am doing wrong ? NO SERVICE message appears on iphone 3g after a few hours working on DIGITEL or MOVISTAR NETWORKs...the xsims i am using are MODEL 1- Ismart phone yellow color almost brown with small IC on top corner MODEL 2-ismart phone also almost brown color ith IC on middle of topside and MODEL 3 - Ismart Phone Color Black with IC on top side corner...all 3 are for 3g phones...universal ...as i said after my iphone 3g pwned version .4 upgraded to 2.0.1 i use any of these oand at beggining they work but later (1 or 2 hours) they lost signal and does not recover it back..i have to take simcard out of iphone 3g..place it in another phone any brand any model...and SIM RECOVERS BACK signal...i return this sim to the IPHONE with the XSIM 1 or 2 or 3 model...and IPHONE beggins to work again for a few hours more...this is very sad and unconfortable to do. Anyone can help me in solving this problem ? will preciate your knowledge and help sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by nik138 View Post
    seems like a fake but we wont know unless we try it for sure
    I am using one exactly of these and 2 other from same company one black and one also yellow color and THEY DO WORK but just for a few hours later they lost signal and i am not able to recover it back..i have turned 3g OFF because our network in Venezuela Movistar & Digitel doesnt have 3g..i even force them to work with any of them depends on teh sim i am using...i mean if i install a movistar sim i force the iphone 3g to recognize only movistar network..but even like this after few hours iphone says NO SERVICE... is so sad and so frustrting..can you give me a hand ? thanks in advance
    Last edited by VIXITOZ; 08-16-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default just bought one
    i hope it works.

Default Universal-SIM
    I have just only one thing to say.
    Universal-SIM is the only and cheapest solution for iPhone 3G.
    Their prices start at 3.5 USD at more than 100 pcs and at around 7 to 10 USD / pc at 1-2 pcs.
    So 20 USD as the article says is WAY to much!

Also check out sohaib.com for new Turbo Sim Technology its 19.99 plus $4.99 shipping. The good thing about this is you don't need to cut your Sim. I bought this for my Iphone 3g and it is working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

3g iphone without the 3g sucks!

Default Sim Unlock Card Does Work
    The Simunlock does indeed work.

You may need to use a very small piece of tape on the side that is being inserted and slowly push it in. It will work. I have already tried it using T-Mobile but I had to disable 3G as it will not be available in my area until October 1st. Without the small piece of tape it kind of snags going into the phone. The tape may unroll slightly if you need to remove the SIM but be patient and slowly insert and/or remove the card and you will be just fine.

Thanks

what sites have the price of 7-10 usd?
    please PM me that info.

I have just only one thing to say.
    Universal-SIM is the only and cheapest solution for iPhone 3G.
    Their prices start at 3.5 USD at more than 100 pcs and at around 7 to 10 USD / pc at 1-2 pcs.
    So 20 USD as the article says is WAY to much!.
    what sites have the price of 7-10 usd?
    please PM me that info
    Last edited by bamgates; 08-18-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i used i-smartsim which i paid ~9$ for and it works for my iPhone 3g with tmobile US
    DealExtreme: $8.77 New i-SmartSim 2008 Operator Network SIM Card Unlock Attachment
    it took like 9 days to arrive from hong kong!
    i am so happy!
    its cheaper to buy it from their own site but there site is sooo buggy that idk how it works
    Last edited by rohizzle121; 08-18-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rohizzle121 For This Useful Post:

VIXITOZ (08-28-2008)

Default Turbo SIM?
    Does the turbo SIM used on 1.1.2 on 1st and 2nd gen iPhone
    works for the 3G??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast