+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppSnapp Updates - easier jailbreaking and upgrades

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by safwa009 i am getting the same thing as "mrdjflood" Can anyone guide us thru a solution for this matter...it is realy anoying.. me too!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by safwa009 View Post
    i am getting the same thing as "mrdjflood" Can anyone guide us thru a solution for this matter...it is realy anoying..
    me too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you guys are not alone i might have to redo everything again meaning fresh restall of 1.13 then going bck to jailbreak it.. unless someone have a way to fix this.?

Green Apple
    Thanks

i had the same problem yesterday. Dont forget the new qeue feature on the installer. If you try installing something and it fails, it stays in the qeue. So it will constantly try to install that app over and over.

I did the following, cleared the qeue, then shut my phone down. When it came back on, i opened installer and bingo bango it installed without issue.

Also, when you install the team dev 1.1.3-3, when you select restore, it clears your apps. So you need to upgrade your installer to 3.0 for one and 2 you need to reinstall the BDS subsystem 2.0. I found once i installed the BDS everything just started working better.

Thanks
    ive been on 1.1.1 OTB week 41 from the time i got my iphone. havent updated to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 as of yet, but today i went into installer, let it reload as usual, it found the community sources and installer updates, i updated them as usual, and now i cant install anything!!!

i get the same error as everyone else, "error Package download failed". what is going on here?

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by KnottyBoyJ; 02-04-2008 at 12:26 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

I;ve had that happen to me SOO much in these past four days. After a while, when i exit installer after the one millionth time attempting to install something...anything it locks up on me, i hold the power button to turn it off and when i turn it back on the apple logo hangs and than it goes into restore mode. The only thing i know how to do from here is go straight down to 1.1.1 and try again. After the 5th try with 1.1.3 and the new installer i'm giving up on it all and staying down at 1.1.1. 1.1.3 isn't worth the struggle. If someone's feeling nice when the time comes when it's all fixed and better to message me letting me know that'd be sweet. I'll be searching and investigating for news on it all though till than.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiipoolman View Post
    did you install it manually or install it through installer?
    you have to install it through installer. Also like I have said before if jailbreakme.com doesnt work, try jailbreakme2.com. I tried that and it worked also. Try also at a different time of day. Really late at night or early morning. Maybe their server is getting flooded perhaps?

yeah honestly if you dont know what you are doing and really dont want the headaches, just stay with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. It would be nice to have the latest firmware but there is quite a bit involved in moving up. I'm sure someone will come up with a much easier method in updating to 1.1.3 but until then just wait.

oh and btw, i sold my iphone today

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbury View Post
    I installed this and now my installer.app crashes when i open it (it goes back to home screen). :S how do i fix this???

I am having the exact same issue (after porforming the installer update).
    on my Jailbroken working 1.1.2.

Can someone suggest a course of action. (hopefully not redoing everything from scratch).

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default oktoprep
    Last edited by hi0ns0ap; 07-31-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

this thread is not about installer, those errors you were receiving were due to STE moving servers!!!

this thread is about the jailbreakme.com process. They have upgraded the way they jailbreak a 1.1.1 fw. they have removed some unnecessary files and scripts. the jailbreak works fine, but they also install the oktoprep and bsd subsystem....the problem is these do not install correctly and have caused problems....

either use i.unlock.no instead of jailbreakme.com for now or manually install oktoprep and bsd subsystem before upgrading to 1.1.2...

1.1.3 is the newest firmware and i think the best by far...if you have the balls i would say go for it, the newest official dev release is flawless, just make sure you have a good internet connection and you read the instructions, you can pm me if you need help, there is plenty of help @ irc.moofspeak.net #modmyi,...

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

Default cool
    cool updating lol
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post

I did the following, cleared the qeue, then shut my phone down. When it came back on, i opened installer and bingo bango it installed without issue.
    I did this... No dice... I am on version 3.0 with BSD Subsystem 2.0 installed.

Still can't download a thing!!

What's going on with this? Does anyone know, or know how to fix??

Thanks

Default Installer hanged and iphone forced into Restore Mode
    Quote Originally Posted by screamo View Post
    I;ve had that happen to me SOO much in these past four days. After a while, when i exit installer after the one millionth time attempting to install something...anything it locks up on me, i hold the power button to turn it off and when i turn it back on the apple logo hangs and than it goes into restore mode. The only thing i know how to do from here is go straight down to 1.1.1 and try again. After the 5th try with 1.1.3 and the new installer i'm giving up on it all and staying down at 1.1.1. 1.1.3 isn't worth the struggle. If someone's feeling nice when the time comes when it's all fixed and better to message me letting me know that'd be sweet. I'll be searching and investigating for news on it all though till than.
    Yesterday has been the 2nd time my iPhone was forced into Restore Mode, after 10 sweet days of Firmware 1.1.3.

I had too many contacts, and schedules and music, and applications, and I do not afford to spend the time to redo every updates from 1.1.1 every week.

So, I am settled with 1.1.1 and Customize and live happily ever since, until one day I found in this forum, a stable 1.1.3 and installer.

I share exactly the same experience as you pal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hi0ns0ap View Post
    i seen alot of you have problems as well with the oktoprep jail break. i also did had to start over at 1.1.1 many times. what i found help was int stalling the bsd subsystem if you havnt and make sure the last thing i did was installed the oktoprep and i had to problems. reason for me doing this was cause who ever made the 1.1.3 soft grade was an idoit it has so many bugs and i think just about the only good app was you were able to move your apps around same as customize. i also tryed every soft upgrade none i was happy with. hopefully some one figgures out how to really unlock it not to make some week *** **** that looks like 1.1.3. just my view on things and the dev team does great this i just think they are holding out on this one. maybe so apple doesnt figgure **** out who nos but this is the worste work they done yet
    Your kidding right?
    All these problems started happening after they took the soft update out of installer. Also oktoprep works just fine if you update your phone after installing it instead of restoring it. Also you don't need to do the exact way the instructions are written. I found a shortcut that works fine. Just install 1.1.1 and activate the phone with itunes, then run safari www.jailbreakme.com and install apptapp and it works just fine, even faster than creating a contact on the activation screen. Even since the sot update was removed, i have only been able to brick my wifes phone upgrading to 1.1.3 over and over again. So now her phone is stuck on 1.1.2 jailbroken until a update come out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone please tell me how do i get installer.app on my iphone if I have jailbroken it using iNdependence?

My phone's firmware is 1.1.3

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123