Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Form-filling for the iPhone - 1Password to the rescue!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Form-filling for the iPhone - 1Password to the rescue!
    1Password, the popular password form filler application for OS X, has released a beta version of their software which works with the iPhone now.

1Password runs $29.95, and all you need to do to get the version which also works with the iPhone is set your copy to automatically search for new beta releases.

TUAW

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

So far, so good on my end. I use iPassword a lot, so this extra service of working on the iPhone in the same manner is a big blessing for me. Tried it on 5 sites so far (banking, movie rentals, ebay, etc.) and so far it has worked quite well.

The only thing I got so far in the "con" department is this: When going to a site, make sure you look at the site at 100% full view when selecting the "iPassword Logins" bookmarklet. Otherwise, you might miss the 1Password access box. This access box only loads up at the top or top-center of the page. That means that if you are zoomed in on a part of the page, then access the 1Password bookmarklet, you might not see the access window that will most likely be at the top or top center.

Besides that little flaw, it works great!

Cool... But why did this make the front page? Even the dev's discovery of the SDK key didn't make the front page??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Cause its so freakin awesome...

haha.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

ok how do you get access to it if you dont have a mac, is there another solution for windows

Got this with the MacHeist bundle
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

Default Su-weet!
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Cause its so freakin awesome...
    Word...this is so dope. It sorta fills the whole "no cut & paste" hole.

And, for the record, it's working beautifully for me so far...Ebay, Amazon, Paypal, bank, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent J. View Post
    Got this with the MacHeist bundle
    Me, too! What a sweet deal.
    Last edited by jwcrash; 01-30-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hope something like this will be available for windows people.

question, to use it do you need to sync your safari bookmark?
    I have zillion book marks but only bout 2 dozen I keep on the phone. Would prefer not to put the rest on the phone just for this feature.

...still not sure why someone hasn't created a simple free password filler. *HINT HINT*

there must be close to a thousand programs for the iphone now but I'm not sure remembering a couple of logins is worth 30 bucks. that being said i avoid a few sites because I can't remember every user/pass combination for the 30 or so sites i visit, especially the ones I don't visit every week.

I have no problem buying a program but they either need to offer more, or charge less. No doubt I will be shelling out a $100 or more for programs when the sdk comes out but that should cover 10-15 small programs not 3.3 =) ...my 2 cents

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    not working on my Dev team jailbroken 1.1.3............

bookmark is there for 1password but when i click the url, it doesn't fill in anything. Anybody else have that prob?
    Last edited by rx2mazda; 01-31-2008 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry for the question guys but wat is this for?
     Think Different

13. The Following User Says Thank You to aziatiklover For This Useful Post:

maxfaber (01-31-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    not working on my Dev team jailbroken 1.1.3............

bookmark is there for 1password but when i click the url, it doesn't fill in anything. Anybody else have that prob?
    First off, make sure you get the BETA release, they just released another "Regular" update as well so make sure it's the BETA release and not the regular. In "Preferences" in 1Password select the "Updates" tab. Click on the box that says "Include BETA versions when looking for updates." Click on "Check Now."

Second, the new Bookmarklet is called "1Password Logins." If you are using one called "1Password" it's the old one and will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by aerospace View Post
    ...still not sure why someone hasn't created a simple free password filler. *HINT HINT*

there must be close to a thousand programs for the iphone now but I'm not sure remembering a couple of logins is worth 30 bucks. that being said i avoid a few sites because I can't remember every user/pass combination for the 30 or so sites i visit, especially the ones I don't visit every week.

I have no problem buying a program but they either need to offer more, or charge less. No doubt I will be shelling out a $100 or more for programs when the sdk comes out but that should cover 10-15 small programs not 3.3 =) ...my 2 cents
    Well, actually this really wasn't meant to be just an iPhone app. It's really meant to be a nice addition or "extra" for users who already own and have 1Password on their desktop, which I do have to say really is worth the $30. Considering how many sites I go to on a daily basis that require all kinds of usernames, password, filled in info (banking, movie rentals, site administrations, ebay, paypal, etc., etc.) this nice app really comes in handy. Now with this extra feature of having all of that 1Password power on my iPhone, it really makes me glad I shelled out $30.
    Last edited by TitoC; 01-31-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TitoC For This Useful Post:

rx2mazda (01-31-2008)

I understand how this could be great for the iphone or ipod touch but I really don't see the need on a computer. I mean on my pc firefox and safari both store passwords for me anyway just seems like a waste of money on a computer. But thats cool for the iphone it could be a lot of help.

Don't knock it until you have used it - this app is a godsend and one of the truly great gems of mac development - it is a fantastic application and does much more than simply storing passwords! (This app is an app that frees many minutes a day - hours a week - days a year ) time = money - regain back part of your life - use 1Password !