Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 462

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

  1. #81
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Default call me stupid but...
    so i'm brand new to the iphone hacking... not hacking in general, just the iphone hacking. why is installer better than cydia? whats the difference? does it open new possibilities?

  2. #82
    Default Welcome!!!!
    Welcome to the club guys!!!

    Laterz!
    RaMod

    PS: I posted lots of good info on the old Installer 4 post on how to use WinPwn and Custom FW if u want to look or download files!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian. View Post
    Everyone checked off:
    - Activate
    - Enable Baseband Update
    - Neuter Bootloader 3.9/4.6
    - Unlock Baseband
    - Autodelete Bootneuter.app

    And Left: Update Bootloader blank.. right?

    I pwned it successfully and then got an error from bootneuter after. Wierd.
    Hey I know it's off topic but my middle name is Adrian LOL
    Last edited by RaMod; 08-09-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

    =The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

  3. #83
    2008-8-9 20:06:21 - Extracting Root Filesystem
    2008-8-9 20:07:28 - Growing Root Filesystem
    2008-8-9 20:09:04 - Replacing Kernel
    2008-8-9 20:09:07 - Applying patch fstab.patch
    2008-8-9 20:09:07 - Applying patch Services.plist.patch
    2008-8-9 20:09:07 - Adding package Cydia.tar
    2008-8-9 20:10:01 - Adding package Installer.tar
    2008-8-9 20:10:14 - IPSW creation failed!

    wtf..?

    im using 3g..

  4. #84
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    keep getting the error 6 too

    I'm running xp sp2 and did everything by the book. Already tried to add/leave out some options in the ipswbuilder but itunes keeps giving me number 6 when I try to restore.

    What version of Itunes am I supposed to use? 7.7.1 right?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommer View Post
    keep getting the error 6 too

    I'm running xp sp2 and did everything by the book. Already tried to add/leave out some options in the ipswbuilder but itunes keeps giving me number 6 when I try to restore.

    What version of Itunes am I supposed to use? 7.7.1 right?
    I'm using 7.7.0 and had no problems, so you could try using that version instead, here's a link to it if you can't find one

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by Sheppy1; 08-09-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #86
    The only problem i seem to be having is i can't change my wallpaper, whenever i select a new wallpaper it just doesn't change, anyone know why this could be?

  7. #87
    So i upgraded to 2.0.1 using winpwn but every app i install from cydia wont show up on the home screen?only apps from the app store are showing up!!!!

    anyone else having this issue?

  8. #88
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    I had the same problem. Reinstall fixed it

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    So i upgraded to 2.0.1 using winpwn but every app i install from cydia wont show up on the home screen?only apps from the app store are showing up!!!!

    anyone else having this issue?
    My Cydia apps show up fine but my Installer apps don't, strange

  10. #90
    Still getting error 6!!!!! My phone is in dfu mode (Screen black) and keep getting it. Should I shutdown a service like itunes helper or something? I'm desperate!

  11. #91

  12. #92
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy1 View Post
    I'm using 7.7.0 and had no problems, so you could try using that version instead, here's a link to it if you can't find one

    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Thanks! going to try that right now, I'll report back here when it's done

  13. #93
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Y don't you YouTube it?

  14. #94
    Winpwn kept crashing when i tried adding both Cydia and Installer. Then i just tried with Installer and then got error 6. I finally just tried it with Cydia and worked perfectly. Now how can i get installer without re-pwning?

  15. #95
    no signal after update... hmmmm... anyone?

    edit: had activate checked off made a new firmware without the activation and all is well.
    Last edited by robbpell; 08-09-2008 at 09:35 PM.

  16. #96

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by haros21 View Post
    Winpwn kept crashing when i tried adding both Cydia and Installer. Then i just tried with Installer and then got error 6. I finally just tried it with Cydia and worked perfectly. Now how can i get installer without re-pwning?
    You can follow the instructions on here:

    Download Installer 4 BETA | Installer Apps | 3rd Party iPhone Application

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheppy1 For This Useful Post:

    haros21 (08-09-2008)

  19. #98
    updated to latest verion of itune.. lets hope this works...

    edit : ****.. -_-

  20. #99
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHcfmM7sC0&feature=user]YouTube - installer 4.0 update / 2.0.1 jailbreak update /summerboard u[/ame]

  21. #100
    I kept getting error 6 too but here's what I did to fix it.

    I kept checking the box that said "no wipe", and after I unchecked it I stopped getting error 6.

    Try it without no wipe enabled.

    It worked perfectly for me, I'm now on 2.0.1 with installer and cydia installed.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •