Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

cool!!! Oh I didn't change my signature... I have 2.0.1. PWNed!!!

Worked flawlessly here !

Vista Ultimate x64 - Installed Cydia & Installer. Maps working fine, no problem. All apps and games re-installed and all working 100%

replicat0r, first of all you need to read this forum from the first page. Then check winpwn.com site for tutorial. Or backwards... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post
    How do i do this with my 3g Phone?

i used to have a touch but i gave it up for a 3G iphone

its under rogers.. I dont want 2 unlock all i want is jailbreak

do i need to take out the sim card?

can someone provide me with a tut to Pwn the 3g..

which is the correct ipsw to use? and whats pwning the itune about?
    Follow the guide here.....same for 2.0.1 as it was for 2.0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to irishj For This Useful Post:

replicat0r (08-09-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

replica, their is a how to do this is the first thred. If you just want to jailbrake just back up your phone, and only check off cydia, leave all others blank! Make sure you back up contacts, pictures, and music. Your phone will be
    Like out of the box. It's that easy, but I still say read to learn. Go to winpwn installer and read, the one for 2.001 in the news area will give you the links you need, and back up the info I gave you, make sure you Dl the bootloaders, 3.9-4.6 and the 3g firmware! Not 2.0! Unzip it all in one folder! When you creat your firmware, save it it that same file you made on the desktop for re other stuff!

Hit the thanks button on my post! LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 97vrsix For This Useful Post:

mazen662 (08-09-2008)

hello i downloaded 2.0.0.4 today tried it got to the ipwn step and my itunes and winpwn shut down at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by diem0n View Post
    replicat0r, first of all you need to read this forum from the first page. Then check winpwn.com site for tutorial. Or backwards... ;-)
    wow thx for all u help -_-
    winpwn is down

im not a noob to jailbreaking. im just a noob @ winpwn/iphone -__-

Ok, So i did it i got cydia and installer using 2.0.0.4 on a previously jailbroke phone, but everything else from the previous jailbreak is wiped. I pwned it using a seperate user account on my xp computer (as i have seen suggested on previous jailbreaks). Now can i go back to my regular user account and just restore the backup i made there? or will that just erase everything i have done and unjailbreak it?

If not what do i do? How can i get all my info back? The itunes i pwned it on has no contacts,texts,music, photo, or previous apps or themes. SO the phone is wiped of all that info and apps. So is there a way to restore with upsetting the jailbreak or do i have to re-add everything again?

please help on this one. I am soooo close.

Thanks,
    Last edited by brikz; 08-10-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by irishj View Post
    Follow the guide here.....same for 2.0.1 as it was for 2.0
    yea thx gfor the link man... lol i couldnt find the ipsw builder.. but on the bottom the link for ipsw was provided for 3g saves me work. i didnt upgrade to 2.01.. i was reading this

iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone

but i think it was for 2.01... so that tut is perfect for me cause i am on 2.0

wut exactly is bootloader? do i need to worry about that?

which one do i download for first gen iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Red face WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Crashing
    v2.0.0.4 crashes on me when IPSW Builder is creating the custom firmware. I'm using 2G firmware on WinXP. Any thoughts? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Edit: Sorry for the dumb post, still getting used to this forum. I see it is a common problem. I increased the root partition size as suggested and that worked. Thanks again.
    Last edited by AniMisM; 08-09-2008 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Stupidity

Yeah

Worked perfectly here!

I took the advise of someone on here that stated to bump up the size of the partition..so that is what i did..i increased to from 500mb to 998mb and when creating the custom ispw it added cydia and installer without crashing out of the program...so when i get back home i will attempt to restore with this custom firmware..........this info is for anyone that is having the problem of WINPWN crashing out when attempting to add cydia and installer to their custom firmware.....hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by rizcap View Post
    Why Do I Keep Gettin Unknown Error 6
    Im getting exactly the same error message no matter what options i select in the custom firmware

Anyone know of a fix for this or what the problem is?

I just jailbroke my 3g and it installed cydia and installer, but none of the programs I install from them show up. :-(

what exactly is bootload for the winpwn?
    do i need it to jb my 3g phone

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    Im getting exactly the same error message no matter what options i select in the custom firmware

Anyone know of a fix for this or what the problem is?
    I had this problem and i found out it was because i was using the iPhone 3G firmware when i have the 2G iphone, so i just downloaded the correct firmware tried again and voila it all worked fine, no error

Ok, I created the .ispw file fine, now how do I use it?

Sorry, I'm a n00b when it comes to WinPwn

2.0.1 fixes everything.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast