Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok Gents,

It seems that loosing the Apps installed trough AppStore after Upgrading/Jailbreaking/Unlocking is a common thing...

My Palringo is now back (and upgraded to 1.1), after Ive manually deleted the app from iTunes, Sync my iPhone deleting the app there, downloaded the App again from iTunes (it told me that Ive allready purchased the App!!! wich is funny because is free), and resync again the iPhone....

Its a bit crappy but I thing its a normal thing to do, especially when you have put your iPhone in DFU mode and restored the hole firmware. Apparently it has something to do with the iTunes store account log in the phone, that is lost during the process of restoring the phone and then the phone could not check your indentity.....

As I told you nothing critical as long as the iTunes detects that you allready purchased the Apps ant they dont charge you again when redownloading....

chus, what version of itunes are you running? I'm on 7.7.1 and some of apps did work (facebook, pocketpedia) while others didn't (wedict). I did what you said for those that didn't work and now they're back on.

I'm curious what happens with previous versions of itunes.

worked for me. i used the BigBoss Tutorial and i jailbroke my 3G. just having problems with installer so i would recommend to get Cydia instead. good luck!

I heard wifi does not work?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shivamp View Post
    I heard wifi does not work?
    Mine and 2 friends wifi still works after pwning..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Mine works as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Palisades Park, New Jersey, United States
    Thanks

Default winpwn wont finish creating custom file
    Hi I was wondering if you can help me. When I create the custom ipsw file right before it's about to finish it just closes without creating the custom file. no errors no nothing. I've restarted the computer still nothing. I followed all the instructions still nothing. I was ablbe to creat one custom file before the 1,1_2.0_5a347 but when i do it it gives me an error 6. I have the right firmware file ipohne1,1_2.0.1_5B108_restore file. All help is really appreiated.

hi i just pwned my 2g iphone everything went fine and seems to be working ok except for cydia i can open it and i get a home page and when i go into featured packages or any packages i try to click on it and it gives me this message "cannot locate package" "the package *** cannot be found in your current sources. i might recommend installing more sources." any ideas ? thanks

Hi all...I read through all the posts, and got things "semi-working"...
    I have an 8gig 2g phone that I've been using as a "glorified ipod" since buying a 16gig 3g phone. I am leaving town and want to be able to use it as a backup phone in case of "issues" with my 3g phone.
    Decided to try pwning...everything seems to work great (checked cydia, unchecked activate...I'm an ATT customer...)....
    Works well, but when I put the SIM card from my 3g phone in (to test phone functionality), it says phone isn't activated....when I hooked up to iTunes, it went through activation procedure, and finally said "more time needed for activation"...
    Do I need to run winpwn tool with SIM in phone at first?

Anyway, do I need to re -pwn the phone with "activate" checked? How about all the baseband and bootloader options? Initially they were all unchecked...

Any help is greatly appreciated

nevermind about that cydia post i just had to update my sources and everything went well also found that my email was crashing if anyone else is having the same problem just download bossprefs and hit fix permissions and mail should be ok

well....my activation from ATT went through...all seems to be working fine....
    Now if I could only get Installer on....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lente: Ive the same iTunes version as you, mate....

Ive read that the problem is not affecting all the apps you have because not all the apps check your credentials in the iTunes store that should be somewhere in the phone and they get lost when you restore/jailbreak/unlock it.....

Thats why some apps work others dont... as I say, not a problem as long as iTunes Store "memory" is OK and he remembers the Apps you have buy....

Default DFU Mode 3G
    To get into True DFU mode (as someone else called it) I did this

1) Turn on Speakers, Turn Off iTunes, connect Phone
    2) While iPhone is on Hold Power and Home
    3) When (and only when) disconnect sound is heard let go of power (keep Home pressed)
    4) When (and only when) reconnect sound is heard let go of home

This should now work....

Also i noticed it didn't work (error 6) 1st but the screen went white. I then do restore again without touching the phone. It then rebooted and continued the process successfully.

Hope this helps

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Ferret View Post
    To get into True DFU mode (as someone else called it) I did this

1) Turn on Speakers, Turn Off iTunes, connect Phone
    2) While iPhone is on Hold Power and Home
    3) When (and only when) disconnect sound is heard let go of power (keep Home pressed)
    4) When (and only when) reconnect sound is heard let go of home

This should now work....

Also i noticed it didn't work (error 6) 1st but the screen went white. I then do restore again without touching the phone. It then rebooted and continued the process successfully.

Hope this helps
    I never even thought of telling people to turn their speakers up so they can hear the chime. I thought this would have been obvious. I think thats exactly why people werent getting their phones into DFU correctly. Yes when you see the white screen, its hung up just before it goes to apple logo with spinning pinwheel, so just open itunes and restore again. You are correct. All this time and hours trying to help people, I never thought of asking them if their sound was up lolol

Here's some info on my winpwn-ing experience. Had no problems pwning 2.0. It went fairly smooth. I know some people were having troubles.

I DL'd the 2.0.1 and winpwn 2.0.0.4, followed all the steps and successfully created the custom 2.0.1. I used a 512mb partition size with installer, cydia and the you tube activation. This is where I stopped a few days ago. I wanted to have a day off in case I needed some extra time to re-pwn seeing as a lot of people were having issues updating from 2.0 to 2.0.1.

I copied the custom 2.0.1 ipsw into the apple-ipod update folder, but not the original 2.0.1. I left that on my desktop. Well, today I connected to iTunes and hit restore... not shift+restore (to select the custom ipsw) but restore. And the custom 2.0.1 loaded right up. Installer: working. Cydia: working. YouTube: working and mail: working!

I don't know if it's cause iTunes was pwned before or my iPod was running pwned 2.0, but DFU was not needed. Or recovery mode for that matter.

This may or may not help anyone else, but there it is: my experience.

Thanks

Vista Crashing Problem Found!

My WinPWN kept crashing when trying to make ipsw. I used 500 size partition it kept crashing, now i used 602 size partition and it worked flawlessly with cydia and installer...

hope it works for everyone else
    p.s. i have vista x86

Tried WinPwn last night and had no issues thanks to the guide set up by BigBoss and peoples expirences in this forum.

Heres how I did it
    DL Winpwn 2.0.0.4, firmware for my 2G Phone, and Itunes 7.7(Fresh Install).
    Logged on as a new user in XP.
    Installed Itunes, Winpwn, and firmware along with the 3.9 and 4.6 BL.
    Followed the steps in BigBoss' guide exactly (set my partition size to 551 MB)and in about 30 minutes I was done and succefullly runing my phone on 2.0.1 version with phone, sms, cydia and installer working.

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rizcap View Post
    Why Do I Keep Gettin Unknown Error 6
    You arent in DFU correctly. Or you just need to reopen itunes (so long as its been pwned once before) and shift + restore again. Also try unplugging the phone when "preparing phone for restore" and plug back in quickly.

As always, no problems here.

Follow the directions, friends. Don't mod your phone if you're not willing to put in the time necessary to understand the process. You'll F something up eventually.

Can somebody explain to me on how to do this please

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast