+ Reply
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jjsevilla plz some help with error (1) Someone already has, look backwards a few posts, whats up with not reading? We are here to help, but the
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjsevilla View Post
    plz some help with error (1)

Someone already has, look backwards a few posts, whats up with not reading? We are here to help, but the same redundant questions from people who arent reading isnt holding up your end of the bargain.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read it and has nothing to do whith my problem , my phone is on DFU but keep saying error (1)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I guess I should have asked, are you putting your phone into DFU before you pwn itunes or after? You should have your phone on the locked home screen when you pwn itunes (itunes shuts down). Then you want to put it into DFU mode and reopen itunes and go from there.

Thanks

I read it and has nothing to do whith my problem , my phone is on DFU but keep saying error (1)
    I use to get ERROR (1) when i was jailbreaking with the last version of winpwn...I was using the wrong firmware version...i have a 3G iphone and i was trying to pwn with iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw when i was suppose to use iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw (again, that was for the last winpwn)...

For those stuck in RECOVERY MODE...I was stuck there too ...luckily i still had my 1st gen iPhone and i swapped my SIM cards...just for the heck of it i tried to just do a normal apple 2.0.1 restore with both iPhones...yea they failed but when i swapped them back i was able to restore my 3G with the normal apple 2.0.1 firmware...i was just glad to have my phone and functionality back ...i had everything backed up so i didn't care if it was wiped...anyways...i was finally able to do a successful winpwn when i did it from a computer that didn't have iTunes or winpwn installed...did a fresh install of iTunes and winpwn...did a fresh custom ipsw file with a 555mb partition and it worked fine...then i just reconnected it with my normal computer and resynced...

Yea...didn't go so smooth this time but i'm just happy i don't have a brick now...
    Last edited by jcrod73; 08-11-2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: updated info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can now confirm that putting my previously pwned(not by ziphone),1.1.4/T-Mobile in recovery mode and doing a shift+click restore to a custom 2.0.1 firmware does indeed work, quick and painless, my iTunes was never pwned either.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vaddy View Post
    I can now confirm that putting my previously pwned(not by ziphone),1.1.4/T-Mobile in recovery mode and doing a shift+click restore to a custom 2.0.1 firmware does indeed work, quick and painless, my iTunes was never pwned either.
    Hehehe I hate to say I told you so, but....... anyway way to go!
    Ok here are my instructions again I posted, just in case you want to make sure It works and here are the links I promised.

Ok this might help some of you:

This was another phone from a friend we wanted to experiment with.
    itunes 7.7.1 , Vista Home, TMobile, 1st Gen 8GB iphone

We took a jailbroken 1.1.4 shift + restore (with phone in normal restore) to factory 1.1.4
    Then used winpwn 2.0.0.3 and pwned itunes with a custom 2.0 (already built)
    Then shift + restore in DFU (not normal restore) to custom 2.0 (already built)
    Then shift + restore (phone in normal restore) to custom 2.0.1 (already built)
    Phone is running great, no bugs, cydia and installer working normal.

We still havent had to use the most current winpwn, because we had previously pwned iphones on 2.0 and a simple normal restore mode to custom 2.0.1 we downloaded has worked just fine. Here is the custom 2.0.1 file we have been using I uploaded it last night for these purposes.

All of these files I used mentioned above were either files we created in the past and/or downloaded them via search engines.

Edit: Stay with me on this one, the wrong file(s) were uploaded last night, give me about 4 Hours now Ill get all the files I used uploaded. I am uploading all files I used in this post. So if you have some of these already and can track down the rest try it, I will post them here first thing in the morning.
    Re Edit: Here are those files I promised

Custom 2.0.1 2G TMobile
    Factory 2.0 2G
    Custom 2.0 2G TMobile
    Factory 1.1.4 2G

If this works for anyone let others know. This has worked for us with 12 phones.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-12-2008 at 08:20 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my iphone is a 3G and I havent use the iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw i was using the last one , this is probably why , thanks a lot , I will let you guys know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used the new Pwnage Tool (2.0.0.4) yesterday to rise my 1st gen iPhone to the 2.0.1 and everything works great.... I was in 2.0 allready pwnaged with the 2.0.0.3.

I just want to say "thanks" to everybody, is just great to read everybodys experiences to avoid dangerous problems....

The only thing is not working is the Palringo messenger aplication that IŽve downloaded from the AppStore... IŽll try to remove the app and install it again....

IŽll tell you....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

my iphone is a 3G and I havent use the iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw i was using the last one , this is probably why , thanks a lot , I will let you guys know.

Well the file you mentioned above is just firmware 2.0 not the most current-> 2.0.1 keep that in mind.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well iv never used winpwn before iv always used Ziphone.. was on 2.0 since it was made public, and today id been getting a weird error message, so i thought feck it ill give this winpwn a go. And whay hey first time bish bash bosh unlocked jailbroken, and i have installer back

Just like to say top banana to the dev team...

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks alot is working now

Thanks

Once again, upgrade to 2.0.1 was completed without a hitch. I dunno about u guys but I never had any of the problems you're mentioning. I followed all the instructions listed to the word and I got it working (calls, sms, youtube, internet, mail, etc).

Just one little problem. When I managed to restore it completely itunes asked me if I wanted to restore it to my original iphone or not (music, videos, contacts, etc) and I selected yes. After a couple of minutes iphone was restarted but itunes kept asking me if I wanted to treat it as a new iphone or not. The third time I gave up and selected to continue as a new iphone and voila! I had still my sms, calls and contacts back... just needed to sync my music unto it.

Some info for you:

- windows xp, sp2
    - itunes 7.7.1
    - upgraded from pwned firmware 2.0
    - ticked cydia, installer and youtube activation fix
    - ticked activate iphone, unlock baseband and the neutre 3.9 and 4
    - unticked no wipe
    - pwned the custom firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks everyone for the benefit of your experiences i am now running 2.0.1 with cydia and installer. I had to restore to 2.0 after i got the error, and build a new firmware with the disk partition set to 800Mb. when i used this firmware it worked perfectly

thanks again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am trying to jailbreak my 2.0.1 iPod touch and I keep getting a 1601 or 1602 error in iTunes. I might be using the wrong firmware, but I am pretty sure I am not. What is the problem?

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by upstateiphone View Post
    Unstable for me keeps crashing when almost done building custom ispw... Anyone else have this issue?

Forgot to mention Microsoft forced Vista User.....
    Quote Originally Posted by kline1 View Post
    I have the same problem.

Go to the file WinPwn is writing to and make sure it is empty or write it to another place...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

worked fine for me.. the KEYBOARD response time is faster, don't notice much of a difference in SYNCH time... I do have one issue, ever since i PWNED it the first time for 2.0, it won't let me change my WALLPAPER. I go under SETTINGS , WALLPAPER and select what I want.. it tells me it's set, but it still reverts to my old WALLPAPER...

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Hehehe I hate to say I told you so, but....... anyway way to go!
    Ok here are my instructions again I posted, just in case you want to make sure It works and here are the links I promised.

Ok this might help some of you:

This was another phone from a friend we wanted to experiment with.
    itunes 7.7.1 , Vista Home, TMobile, 1st Gen 8GB iphone

We took a jailbroken 1.1.4 shift + restore (with phone in normal restore) to factory 1.1.4
    Then used winpwn 2.0.0.3 and pwned itunes with a custom 2.0 (already built)
    Then shift + restore in DFU (not normal restore) to custom 2.0 (already built)
    Then shift + restore (phone in normal restore) to custom 2.0.1 (already built)
    Phone is running great, no bugs, cydia and installer working normal.

We still havent had to use the most current winpwn, because we had previously pwned iphones on 2.0 and a simple normal restore mode to custom 2.0.1 we downloaded has worked just fine. Here is the custom 2.0.1 file we have been using I uploaded it last night for these purposes.

All of these files I used mentioned above were either files we created in the past and/or downloaded them via search engines.

Edit: Stay with me on this one, the wrong file(s) were uploaded last night, give me about 4 Hours now Ill get all the files I used uploaded. I am uploading all files I used in this post. So if you have some of these already and can track down the rest try it, I will post them here first thing in the morning.
    Re Edit: Here are those files I promised

Custom 2.0.1 2G TMobile
    Factory 2.0 2G
    Custom 2.0 2G TMobile
    Factory 1.1.4 2G

If this works for anyone let others know. This has worked for us with 12 phones.

Sorry to bother, but i'm new here and it's my first post. I dont know much about updating my phone to 2.0. Can you help me out? It seems like your the guy to ask about this. I have a 1st Gen 16gb Iphone, unlocked with Ziphone, T-mobile is my carrier & I have Windows XP. Thank you so much for the help. Anybody can jump in on this one too.

Thanks

Hmmm...Did you restore your phone from an existing iphone setup...?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n_jay888 View Post
    Sorry to bother, but i'm new here and it's my first post. I dont know much about updating my phone to 2.0. Can you help me out? It seems like your the guy to ask about this. I have a 1st Gen 16gb Iphone, unlocked with Ziphone, T-mobile is my carrier & I have Windows XP. Thank you so much for the help. Anybody can jump in on this one too.
    Ok this should be easy for you then.
    Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage.
    Make sure you have microsoft .net framework 2.0 installed. (control panel>add/remove programs>look for microsoft .net 2.0 or later) If it isnt installed go to windows update online and search their downloads section for this. Once installed, make sure you have itunes 7.7.1 installed. Reboot PC
    Look below for a link to get the older winpwn 2.0.0.3
    Once this is downloaded grab the custom firmware 2.0.1 and the custom firmware 2.0 I uploaded to my post you quoted. (put this in your pwnage folder you created)
    Now Reboot.
    open itunes and plug in phone
    Then Ctrl. + Alt. + Delete, go to proccesses and make sure "ituneshelper.exe" isnt running, if it is shut it down.
    open winpwn and hit browse and select the custom 2.0 you downloaded.
    once loaded click the "ipwner" button and select the custom 2.0
    When I say Custom 2.0 do not use Custom 2.0.1 until later
    when it says "killing itunes" and then "itunes has been pwned!" click ok.
    unplug phone and turn off.
    holding home button, plug your phone back in release when the itunes logo pops up on your phone after the boot logo. If your itunes doesnt automatically open back up just open itunes manually.
    Then Ctrl. + Alt. + Delete, go to proccesses and make sure "ituneshelper.exe" isnt running, if it is shut it down.
    Your itunes at this point should have already detected your phone in restore mode.
    hold shift and click restore. then load the custom 2.0.1 firmware and Voila!

This is a variance of the guides provided but considering your phone is a jailbroken 1.1.4 you can do this with the same results in half the steps and hopefully without building your own custom ipsw and having to use DFU mode.
    Good Luck! Ill be watching the Olympics so Ill leave my MMI open if you need help.

I know this is a thread about 2.0.0.4 but with a previously jailbroken phone this is just an easier bug free way to do it. If you are pwning or jailbreaking for the first time on a locked authorized carrier phone (at&t etc) do not use these instructions

DO NOT VARY FROM THE STEPS I PROVIDED, AND DO EXACTLY AS POSTED HERE, IF YOU NEED TO PRINT THIS OUT I HIGHLY SUGGEST IT.

Ok Ok here are those Custom files needed for this method again:
    Custom Restore 2.0 2G TMobile
    Custom restore 2.0.1 2G TMobile
    Winpwn 2.0.0.3
    To use megaupload, just below the top bar has a letter code verification, just type in the letters and click download.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-12-2008 at 07:58 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

B-Mo (08-23-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LAJOHN View Post
    worked fine for me.. the KEYBOARD response time is faster, don't notice much of a difference in SYNCH time... I do have one issue, ever since i PWNED it the first time for 2.0, it won't let me change my WALLPAPER. I go under SETTINGS , WALLPAPER and select what I want.. it tells me it's set, but it still reverts to my old WALLPAPER...

Any ideas?
    This would solve your wallpaper problem:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/1703851-post6.html