+ Reply
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i cant get my phone into dfu mode for some reason, i tried ziphone as well as iliberty but to no success they just put the phone into recovery mode,
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    i cant get my phone into dfu mode for some reason, i tried ziphone as well as iliberty but to no success they just put the phone into recovery mode, i tried holding the two buttons but my itunes didn't recognize it, my iphone is on 1.1.4, any help is appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok I have a slight issue. I browsed around a bit and haven't seen this. Everything worked fine I'm on my jailbroken 2.0.1 iPhone I used vista. Now when I plug my iPhone in all it has for my phone is asking me to restore from my back up I already did this. And everything is on my phone. So I'm sooo lost. What is going on?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeerish14 View Post
    It IS possible to choose cydia + installer on winpwn. But you’ve to keep an eye on the partition size.
    I had many problems with “Error: 6″ on itunes and crashing winpwns until I increased the size of the root partition to something you can divide by 8 (I tried 512. I heard 1024 will also work. 512 / 8 = 64. Nothing left in here right?)
    After that I tried it again and winpwn did not crash and iTunes did not get my any error. Even with installer + cydia installed.

Maybe that will help some guys here.
    Wow... OK... doing this, allowed me to create the package.. Let's try to update my iphone! Pray!

Edit: Didn't work. OK... But I did move it over to my laptop. Installed Winpwn, itunes (updated it) and started ALL over. I didn't check no wipe. First I got a 1601 (I think?) and then I pwnd itunes, and then tried it again, and it worked. It's strange, I know... But it worked. First try... while on my PC I did about 15 tries, and I know how to put my phone in DFU mode, I did it correctly every time, and still no luck. Ohh! I also set it to 512 like you said

Moved it to my lappy, and it worked, same OS (windows vista).
    Last edited by zkyevolved; 08-10-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

got another problem now, i can use winscp but it wont let me go into the applications folder it just says error

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

screw jailbreaking 2.0.1 my phone always ends up with no service. How can go back to 2.0?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do not if this has been answered, but when I go to the downloads section of the MMi forums, which firmware should I download if I have a 2.0.1 iPod Touch. Would I download the 2.0.1 firmware for the 2G iPhone or what?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem for me too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How do you set it up as a new phone? I just syncd it with my itunes again (i installed the wnpwn 2.0.0.4 on a separate user account with a blank itunes first) and that took forever and none of my settings are saved as are none of the 3rd party apps, themes, or other additions. Is there a way to get these to transfer or do i have to do all this manualy every time?

Thanks,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie d00bie View Post
    screw jailbreaking 2.0.1 my phone always ends up with no service. How can go back to 2.0?
    Did you try what I posted earlier about having no service after jailbreaking. It's probably on about page 11 or 12 by now but it worked for me and others. If you haven't tried it you should before your give up. Good luck !

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok guys finished the process. 1gen 2.0 to 2.01 now here are my troubles so i took these step dfu + shift + custom firmware that was on here. my contacts and music are the only things that are back : (. alll my apps cracked app store games are gone also. now apparently i cant use google maps, email, youtube without wifi. i have cydia and installer that work only with wifi. on 2.0 they both worked on edge. im with tmobile using friggin vista any suggestions on what to do.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

@brikz

if you restore the backup it wont undo the jailbreak but you may be stuck not able to change your wallpaper

12. The Following User Says Thank You to juggz143 For This Useful Post:

brikz (08-10-2008)

Thanks
    Everything went fine, bumped up the partition to 750. Is everyone else getting only 6.8 GB left on an 8 GB phone? With no other apps installed?
    Last edited by Josheesh; 08-10-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    YNWA

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamal5one9 View Post
    I do not if this has been answered, but when I go to the downloads section of the MMi forums, which firmware should I download if I have a 2.0.1 iPod Touch. Would I download the 2.0.1 firmware for the 2G iPhone or what?
    Nooooo!!! Each device has different firmware. You have to pay for the update to 2.0. However I have a link to the iPod 2.0.1 firmware

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....c0ab49206977bc

Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link though, If I'm not, someone please remove it.
    So no need to pay for it now

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

kamal5one9 (08-10-2008), Metallica (08-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhbonddh007 View Post
    Did you try what I posted earlier about having no service after jailbreaking. It's probably on about page 11 or 12 by now but it worked for me and others. If you haven't tried it you should before your give up. Good luck !
    Actually i did. But i ran into a problem that winpwn would not build the ipsw if i only selected cydia and installer. its kept saying failed to build ipsw. so I then just selected all 3 options and uncheck the activation of the phone. it was succesful in jailbreaking the phone but i had no ATT service.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatxiii View Post
    i keep getting error 1604. any help?? i tried putting the phone into dfu mode with ziphone but it just puts it into recovery mode, anybody????????????
    Ok, dont use Ziphone to put it into DFU follow the steps correctly. Once again here are those steps.

With itunes open and your phone at the locked/unlocked home screen.
    Use the "ipwner" feature in winpwn to kill itunes. (select your custom ispw you created)
    Reopen itunes then:
    Hold Home+Power for 2 seconds after the screen goes black.
    Release power still holding home
    Release home once your pc and/or itunes picks up a phone "in recovery mode" or (ding dong) Screen should still be black at this point.
    Now shift + restore with the custom ispw you created and pwned itunes with.

And btw Ziphone does put it into a "Soft DFU" Youll notice this when your screen with the itunes logo is actually a blue color not black. But never the less, it will not work for this process.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-10-2008 at 10:02 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

wildcatxiii (08-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default error \6
    tryin it again...and again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie d00bie View Post
    Actually i did. But i ran into a problem that winpwn would not build the ipsw if i only selected cydia and installer. its kept saying failed to build ipsw. so I then just selected all 3 options and uncheck the activation of the phone. it was succesful in jailbreaking the phone but i had no ATT service.
    I know this may sound strange but you have to completely close winpwn and itunes or you will get that error. For some reason you wont be able to build the iPSW. After you close the programs then open them again you should be able to build the iPSW, dont check activate or youtube fix.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    tryin it again...and again

When you get that error leave the phone as it is, and reopen itunes and shift restore again. You might also try when it seems to hang unplug and replug into a diff usb

Quote Originally Posted by kurupt213 View Post
    got another problem now, i can use winscp but it wont let me go into the applications folder it just says error
    Make sure you have Open SSH installed through Cydia. Also try closing WinScp and turning your wifi off and then back on. Trying a different ip sometimes helps. I always do this using BossPrefs. Its the easiest way.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-10-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a problem with my iphone (2g)

i once pawnd it n install 2.0.1 wid cydia but i forgot to tick installer wic i wanted actually..

now from then i tried to reinstall i get error 6 in the beginning..

then i searched n found that the cell wasnt in DFU mode..

now even after i put the cell in DFU mode, it goes till the step Preparing iPhone software for restore and it stays there for a pretty longtime and then it gives me an error with the number 6..

Even i tried degrading to 2.0 (nt pawnd ) and den upgrading it but no use it dint help me..

Could any1 sugges to me a solution..??

Thanks
    First time jailbreaking an iPhone.. not hard at all!

One weird thing I ran into was when selecting the custom logos, the one actually had a size issue (over 100kb) but it still showed up after the phone was pwned. Weird, but whatev

For those who are still confused about DFU, what made it easy for me was listening to the chime you hear when a USB is disconnected (WinXP). After I heard that I let go of the power button. Went into DFU first time.

Trying to sync up with my previous backups is not possible because of the software being "too old". I assume this is what is meant by activating your phone again, correct? I made sure my contacts and such were backed up.

I just had Cydia checked, still get my regular reception. Not bad!