+ Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by n00bie d00bie Im confused i tried your way. and dl from your link. I have ATT servic enow but my phone is not jailbroken or pwnd. what
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie d00bie View Post
    Im confused i tried your way. and dl from your link. I have ATT servic enow but my phone is not jailbroken or pwnd. what is up with that?
    Hence the TMobile account I posted. That custom .ipsw is for jailbreaking and unlocking. Did you previously have a pwned 2.0 ?

I also stated that I had a 1st gen.
    Considering you have a valid AT&T account you only need to jailbreak. Did you download the correct 3G firmware from that site? Have you pwned your current itunes before? Again whas your phone previously pwned to 2.0? Or did you restore it to a factory .ipsw before attempting?
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-10-2008 at 12:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Hence the TMobile account I posted. That custom .ipsw is for jailbreaking and unlocking. Did you previously have a pwned 2.0 ?
    Yes a pwnd iphone 3g 2.0

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes a pwnd iphone 3g 2.0
    Ok but did you update itunes after pwning ever? and was your phone still in that custom or have you restored to a factory first?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes my itunes has been updated prior. and the phone was custom. it was not restored to factory.

EDIT: Well i guess you can now say it is restored to factory 2.0.1 lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok i fixed my email i just reinstalled 2.0.1 that i pwned but this time i set it up as a new phone instead of install backup.. guess i had to much stuff on my backup that messed up my email so everything works now.. good luck to all of you.. and also nice job dev team..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes my itunes has been updated prior. and the phone was custom. it was not restored to factory.
    Well I would venture to say that your itunes probably needs to be pwned again therefore, this method wont work. But what is odd to me it restored to what seems a factory 2.0.1 which either is a result from an unpwned itunes or you chose the wrong file. Make sure you have that 3G .ipsw from that site, and you choose that one correctly i.e. put it somewhere different. But, I dont think you be able to do this method at all now. I think you may have to use the new pwnage, which I can only recommend using their step by step guide on pwning 3G

edit: Try and read carefully, I didnt post for 3G users. I will try and help you but be more careful. and if updating itunes causes this not to work, I wasnt aware. I think I updated to 7.7.1 after pwning to 2.0 though
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-10-2008 at 01:04 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It IS possible to choose cydia + installer on winpwn. But you’ve to keep an eye on the partition size.
    I had many problems with “Error: 6″ on itunes and crashing winpwns until I increased the size of the root partition to something you can divide by 8 (I tried 512. I heard 1024 will also work. 512 / 8 = 64. Nothing left in here right?)
    After that I tried it again and winpwn did not crash and iTunes did not get my any error. Even with installer + cydia installed.

Maybe that will help some guys here.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    is cracked apps and method still working with cracked 2.0.1 ?

and is iTunes 7.7.1 still pwnable ? or do i have to stay with 7.7 ?
    Last edited by minhwan; 08-10-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so i have a iphone 3g. I succesfully made a ipsw with winpwn. I checked cydia and installer, aswell as the youtube option. I unchecked the the activation option aswell. After installing 2.0.1 I have no AT&T service. i have done everything that has been suggested. How can i get service back?

Oh and before you say you should have only checked cydia and installer NOt the youtube option...winpwn will always faill building a ipsw that way.

THanks (HELP!!)
    Well i went a similar route, only i unchecked both installer and youtube, the only checked thing was cydia.. now after it was successfully restored with custom firmware NO SERVICE ! i got pissed, so before i did anything.. i just rebooted my phone and vwalla, back in service i also have AT&T ! so try that i guess a simple restore if you haven't tried it yet... anyways good luck bro !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks guys i am way too damn fed up with it right now. i will have second wind with it tomorrow. i guess boring 2.0.1 will stay untill i get it working properly tomorrow. Keep the suggestions coming though. they seem helpful

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    ok my email not working how you fix this dont what to do this again takes to long but if i have too i will any help please .. how you fix email .. it opens then it closes..
    Im facing the same problem.. whenever i try to check my mail, the application keeps on crashing

Another problem is that when i try to ssh into my iphone to reach the applications folder it gives me the following error:

Cannot get real path for '/private/var/stash/Applications.vUoJuO'.
    No such file or directory.
    Error code: 2
    Error message from server: No such file
    Request code: 16
    Last edited by Midoe; 08-10-2008 at 01:23 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well everything worked fine for me on the 1st try !
    Windows XP - SP3
    iTunes 7.7.0
    iPhone 3G

I checked Cydia, Installer, Youtube Activator, Added Custom Logos, and also Checked Activate. I didnt check: No Wipe, or Custom Payload
    Partition to 800

Updated from a JB 2.0
    Restored from back up fine.
    Now I just need to add my Cydia Apps and stuff.
    Everything worked here with no problemo
    Last edited by Emjei; 08-10-2008 at 01:37 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default :-(
    error 6.. guess i have to try some other way:-/
    Last edited by HarlemState; 08-10-2008 at 01:37 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    error 6.. guess i have to try some other way:-/
    Nope error 6 is code language (hehehe) for unplug iphone and plug in again leaving in DFU and reopening itunes and shift restore........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

all right guys i have an iphone 3g jailbroke with 2.0 f/w. my question is do i have to update via itunes to the lastest f/w, and then have a stock phone and then use the new winpwn and jailbreak all over using the new f/w or can i automatically use the new winpwn and start from there although it is already jailbroken. need to know would be much appriciated.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I wouldnt upgrade to a factory 2.0.1 before doing it because of this --->
    The dev team also warns on their blog that you should not upgrade to firmware 2.0.1 via iTunes. Wait until PwnageTool 2.0.2 is released and upgrade to 2.0.1 with a custom ispw. Upgrading directly via iTunes will lessen the chances of you being able to unlock in the future.
    Now Like I stated earlier. I had a pwned 2.0 1st Gen. all i did was a normal restore mode and shift + restore with a custom .ispw i downloaded from HERE I am not sure this will work with a 3G simply because I hadnt tried it. However there is a download for 3G there.

Both mine and wifey's work perfect on T Mobile. The 3G cant be unlocked so the download has to be accurate for him to have posted it up.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-10-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

so im up but all my app store stuff is crashing after it loads whatt up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok with me itunes is not throwing an error.. it just says validaing software then next thing i know my iphone is in safe mode. it took over 45 for that to happen..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishj View Post
    Worked flawlessly here !

Vista Ultimate x64 - Installed Cydia & Installer. Maps working fine, no problem. All apps and games re-installed and all working 100%
    same here, but installer its only a beta so im going to use cydia meanwhile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so I restored my phone with the new ipsw. however after i finish loading the backup, my phone freezes upon reloading with the apple logo with the wheel on top, and wont stop vibrating. any help?