Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 Available

I have a problem!
    I still cannot get PwnageTool to select the correct firmware bundle.
    I was not able to use any of the newer versions of PwnageTool.

Each time i run it, it says "wrong firmware bundle selected"
    I know there are different versions of the ipsw's for 1st gen iPhones and 3Gs and I know i have the correct ones and no, it is not asking for the BootLoader files.

I had previously downloaded the ipsw several times through iTunes and from various other sources. No matter which one I select, Pwnage tells me it's wrong.
    I eventually downloaded a custom ipsw to jailbreak my phone.
    I thought "hmmm the new version of PwnageTool might work now"
    NOPE!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I installed this application
    backupdisabler
    Originally Posted by thixtythix View Post
    i just mean if i want to add one album/song or app it take ages to back up then sync i dont want to have to restore my fone an re add everything again just for the sake of an extra app! oh thanx for the mail tip ill give it a go!

EDIT: mail app works now! thanks
    Last edited by charlyc; 08-11-2008 at 02:36 PM.

all works fine, just one thing i noticed... my previous custom restores were either the same size or bigger than the original ipsw, now the one i made for 2,0,1 is smaller than the original ipsw... even though i put cydia and installer and everything in it. Strange...

anyways, made my custom restore with my own logos, put iPhone in recovery, recover with custom restore, restore from last backup, sync, done.

all good, just weird with the file size thing.
    thanks dev-team

iPhone? More like MyPhone Carlos's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay ive restored my phone twice and repwnd it twice perfectly and my edge and 3g network dont work....Only when i connect to wifi for some reason....everything works fine before i pwn it but after the only thing that works is wifi.....

Has anybody figured out why yet.....Internet is like half the phone ya know

I have a Colowarepc Red iPhone 3G 16Gb by the way!!
    Using a Mac

[email protected]
    King Los aka Los Ninyo

1 gen iphone no signal after pwn.
    Last try got it in expert mode unselecting activate so I can activate from Itunes.
    Last edited by charlyc; 08-11-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Extracted with Archive Utility and Cydia is working. Its good to be back.

uuuggh...

I just pwned 2.0fw... got all my little perks and settings done with Cydia as well as IPA's.. took me 2 days to get it the way i want.. got everything tweeked to my user needs... LOVE IT (except the lag time of the keypad and launching apps.. but I can live with this..)

If I upgrade/pwn 2.0.1fw.. that means i'll lose all my Cydia installs right? Well I'll just hold off on this.. cuzz I really dont want to spend another 1-2 days tweeking my phone to find out that 2.0.2 will be out in 2 days.

Great read anyways.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiki View Post
    Extracted with Archive Utility and Cydia is working. Its good to be back.
    ok im trying this right now!! hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by j5uh View Post
    ok im trying this right now!! hope it works.
    wow... unpacking the pwnage tool with Archive Utility actually fixed it. =)
    Last edited by j5uh; 08-13-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For some reason I am unable to download the new pwntool.. have a look at my screenshot.. where can i download it?

-Joey
    http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/3/20/f_neweststsm_cb09d96.jpg

anyone have an issue with not having service or being able to connect to ATT network after jailbreaking their 3G with pwnage tool

big problem:
    i get an endless boot up. just over and over after trying to put 2.0.1. on my 2g
    its ridiculous. ive done everything i can think of. i tried 2 and even 1.1.4 even and same deal. i can restore to stock 2.0.1 fine but then i cant get it activated.

fix?

This may or may not work for you. (It worked for me.) After pwnage, instead of "restoring" your phone from a previous backup, try setting it up as a new phone. It will still activate to your number, but you'll lose your favorites, notes, etc. Sometimes old settings/preferences/etc. from 1.1.4 or previous will cause problems on a jailbroken 2.0.x iPhone.

i really need some of the notes in there :/
    how would i do that if worst comes to worst?

[edit]
    by the way, i saw a forum at hackintosh about pwnagetool onlyy working with 2.0.1 firmware due to the new apple updates. (i guess either in new itunes or something idk)
    true?
    Last edited by modbox14; 08-15-2008 at 12:28 PM.

I NEED HELP!!!!

ok, when i get don with pwnage, my iphone has 1 bar and no "3g" or anything.
    GRRRRR HELP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guncrazy12 View Post
    I NEED HELP!!!!

ok, when i get don with pwnage, my iphone has 1 bar and no "3g" or anything.
    GRRRRR HELP!!!!
    same here, i've read and can't find out what to do.... anyone ?

I'm pretty sure u have to check the box for activate when running pwnage tool, constructing your firmware

Quote Originally Posted by nickswagger View Post
    I'm pretty sure u have to check the box for activate when running pwnage tool, constructing your firmware
    I have tried both, unchecked = emergency only, and checked = no service

i did the quikpwn with 2.0.2 and used the 2.0.1 firmware and i works great.....
    16gb white 3G iphone jailbroken on 2.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So does Pwnage 2.0.2 work with firmware 2.0.2? If not, is there one that works for Mac yet? Thanks in advance!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast