+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 Available

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
cracked ipa's do work as long as you edit some of the stock files like normal ... also my mail app crashed too i done a clean restore then repwned
    Green Apple
    Thanks

cracked ipa's do work as long as you edit some of the stock files like normal ... also my mail app crashed too i done a clean restore then repwned and still the same ... everything else still works fine ..... oh does anyone know how to sync through itunes but go around the backing up iphone part it takes hours cause i have around 70 apps !!!!!!!!!

much appreciated

little thanx goes a long way!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thixtythix View Post
    [B] ... also my mail app crashed too i done a clean restore then repwned and still the same ... everything else still works fine ..... oh does anyone know how to sync through itunes but go around the backing up iphone part it takes hours cause i have around 70 apps !!!!!!!!!
    If Cydia is working download Boss Prefs, once that is done open the app got to "More" then select "Fix User Dir Permissions" and that will get your mail working.

As for getting round the backup sync just set your phone up as a new one then you can add your apps and contacts from there.
    Last edited by pegitt; 08-10-2008 at 11:43 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pegitt For This Useful Post:

thixtythix (08-10-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just mean if i want to add one album/song or app it take ages to back up then sync i dont want to have to restore my fone an re add everything again just for the sake of an extra app! oh thanx for the mail tip ill give it a go!

EDIT: mail app works now! thanks
    Last edited by thixtythix; 08-10-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: adding edit

little thanx goes a long way!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2.0.1 with T-mobile is working fine for me other than Cydia crashing when trying to open the app. I repwned then restored to 2.0.1 and restored from my backup then tried it without restoring from my backup. Still crashes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiki View Post
    2.0.1 with T-mobile is working fine for me other than Cydia crashing when trying to open the app. I repwned then restored to 2.0.1 and restored from my backup then tried it without restoring from my backup. Still crashes.
    i had that exact same problem with cydia but i fixed it.

are you on a mac? if you are, what did you use to uncompress the pwnage tool? i used the unarchiever at first and that is the WRONG thing to do.

use the apple utility (hold ctrl and click the compressed file and use apple utility).

that should fix the problem

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iamspanky For This Useful Post:

Monkiki (08-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Bootneuter Hammers Cell & Wireless connections (temporarily)
    Successfully pwn'ed my 2G (w/ unlock) from pwnage 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 first thing Sat am ;-)

Now, merely launching Bootneuter disconnects my cellular (t-mobile) and wireless connections. Cell connection restores itself w/in a minute and rebooting restores wireless.

Am reporting this in case helpful if others encounter same behavior (I don't need any solution - just hope I never really need Bootneuter).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to itaxcpa For This Useful Post:

Monkiki (08-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamspanky View Post

are you on a mac? if you are, what did you use to uncompress the pwnage tool? i used the unarchiever at first and that is the WRONG thing to do.

use the apple utility (hold ctrl and click the compressed file and use apple utility).

Interesting. I used the unarchiver too. I'll have to try that out tonight. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Endless Reboot
    Everytime I install the pwnd versoin of 2.0.1 iTunes completes the install and restarts the phone, but the phone loads the pineapple logo then keeps on restarting. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Worked great for me.
    3G, 2.0.1, and Aqwoah and other things are working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

With Pwnage tool 2.0.1 there was a stage (when it asks for your password) where you had access to the file structure of the soon to be completed ipsw which then allowed one to replace files and make minor tweaks that Pwnage tool doesn't allow. I enjoyed this because it saved a step of going in through SSH to make the changes. 2.0.2 no longer does this, does anyone know of a way to get write access to the ipsw before Pwnage completes it?

Thanks

Unhappy No phone or wifi after pwnage......either
    Quote Originally Posted by DCDJ View Post
    After creating my custom IPSW and successfully restoring the iPhone 3G from DFU mode my iphone no longer has any service, and is unable to connect to WiFi.

Anyone have this problem? or know why this might have happened? I tried it 3 times. Finally just restored to the standard 2.0.1 and have no issues but I really want to be pwnaned!

I have:

Intel Mac with 10.5
    pwnage 2.0.2
    iPhone 3G 2.0.1

Thanks in advance for the help!

I have exactly the same problem, only difference is I have a mbp but everything else is exactly the same, Tried twice, no carrier or wifi, no errors reported. Gave up and went back to factory settings, I'm with Virgin, could this be it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just updated my 1gen iphone to 2.0.1 all went fine
    and my craked apps still work
    no problems at all
    installer works fine no crashing

Thanks

i used unarchiver to dl pwnage 2.0.2 (2.0.1 wouldn't update), and now i don't have a cydia icon (???)...i tried creating ipsw again and repwning, same thing, no cydia. what to do?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cracked ipa's do work as long as you edit some of the stock files like normal ... also my mail app crashed too i done a clean restore then repwned and still the same ... everything else still works fine ..... oh does anyone know how to sync through itunes but go around the backing up iphone part it takes hours cause i have around 70 apps !!!!!!!!!

much appreciated
    Just hit the X it skips back up and goes straight to sync... At least it does for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamspanky View Post

Did this work for anyone else?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'll be testing it later tonight. At work now. I'll update soon as I get it done though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ssh problem
    after i installed openssh for some reason it wont open up the application directory in winscp. is says error listing. the other directories open up fine except for that one......

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Candyman850 For This Useful Post:

flyinguysrocks (08-11-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Go JoB Man

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good morning to all.
    I pwened my first gen iPhone yesterday and all seems perfectly working. One surprise this morning: none of my SMS (restored and new) show the contact name, instead, they show the phone number !

Any idea on what I need to do to fix this ?

Thks !
    EDIT: I just realized I have no caller ID recognition at: phone calls or SMS ! Help !
    Last edited by bisondesprairies; 08-11-2008 at 09:00 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just mean if i want to add one album/song or app it take ages to back up then sync i dont want to have to restore my fone an re add everything again just for the sake of an extra app! oh thanx for the mail tip ill give it a go!

EDIT: mail app works now! thanks
    If you just click the little 'x' in the iTunes display (next to where it says 'Backing up iPhone') the backup will stop and the rest of the syncing steps will proceed.