+ Reply
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 & Installer 4 Soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
man i hope this version is more stable. the last one gave me no service then gave me a 1604 error. ehhhh. not the best time i had using this.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    man i hope this version is more stable. the last one gave me no service then gave me a 1604 error. ehhhh. not the best time i had using this.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Green Apple
    Thanks

I whanted to say this: When we get installer on the Iphone it won't have that many programs on it. They still have to be ported over. I have the bata software on my phone now and there are no programes on there you can really use. We all will have to paient

Green Apple
    Thanks
    btw, to jailbreak. do we have to first do a clean install from itunes for 2.0.1 (like the 2.0 jailbreak), or could we just load the custom built 2.0.1 without doing a fresh install?
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djmaven View Post
    Wohoo i cant wait Installer come to papa. im getting installer back yeahhhhhhhh.
    I HATE cydia, by far the worst app for me.

Long live installer.
    best not to comment if you don't know what you are talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by todesto View Post
    Ok, shift-Restore is fine. Then can you use the back up to setup the phone after completing restore from DFU? Would that work?
    that is correct
    Last edited by imode; 08-07-2008 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Awesome!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be great, new installer included.....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I jailbroke my iPhone 3g with 2.0 firmware and have no intentions of upgrading to 2.0.1 and I have a few questions:

1) Will I be able to have Cydia updated with the one that is being released in the new pwnage tool?

2) Will I be able to get installer 4?

3) Will the apps that come out on Installer also be on Cydia?

4) Lastly all apps that come out for 2.0.1 will work on my 2.0 firmware right?

I am very happy with my 2.0 a bit of lag with SMS but I only SMS very rarely. Alos Cydia is awesome never had a problem at all so i find no need to upgrade yet unless there is copy and paste. Hope someone can answer the above questions for me.

Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodlover77 View Post
    btw, to jailbreak. do we have to first do a clean install from itunes for 2.0.1 (like the 2.0 jailbreak), or could we just load the custom built 2.0.1 without doing a fresh install?
    This is why people screw up pwning their phones... Didnt you read the thread starter?? I mean really.. It specifically states not to load the firmware from itunes.... READ READ READ

And I also wanted to add about Cydia. I really dig Cydia, and the new installer looks plush, but Cydia has been really awesome, and with the updates its had, there have been fewer crashes and it runs much faster than installer ever thought of. With that said, Installer was our friends until 2.0 and Im sure its going to be awesome, but Saurik did it right with Cydia and Im really happy with it.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-07-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Cydia sucks (insert own word),installer rules!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iancdp View Post
    why do people hate cydia it's so stupid have you ^^^^ actually used cydia on 2.0 it's super fast and u can add sources like installer and they added a mode where you don't c all the stuff for developers and if you still don't like cydia then I just think you shouldn't mod you're iphone because u aren't open to new things. I use to love installer also and so far cydia crashes sometimes but that's cuz it just came out but it is by far better than the old installer.
    I am open to new things. That's why I tried cydia, it sucked, it froze my phone to the point where i had to reset it. Then it would freeze on the boot screen. This happened 5 TIMES!!! The last time it froze was when it was updating the bigboss source. That day I was without my phone from 7-5 because I didn't have access to a computer until I got home. The bottom line is Cydia sucks, Installer never made my phone freeze EVER!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have never had a problem with Cydia. Can't wait to upgrade and re-jailbreak. I put 2.0.1 on my girlfriends phone and it is a lot more stable.

Thanks

cydia has yet to freeze on me and give me any problems...i enjoy using cydia and when installer comes out i will like it as well as i did when it first appeared

Green Apple
    Thanks

cydia 2.0 > installer 4

Sure installer 4 is flashy. But I won't be Happy til there is cracked appstore repos

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobeder View Post
    I have never had a problem with Cydia. Can't wait to upgrade and re-jailbreak. I put 2.0.1 on my girlfriends phone and it is a lot more stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    cydia has yet to freeze on me and give me any problems...i enjoy using cydia and when installer comes out i will like it as well as i did when it first appeared
    yeah I think it is just an issue with my phone. Other those problems cydia was fine for me. I'm just sick of restoring my phone, which takes a while. Some of you might say the issue is with me, not my phone. But where the progress circle doesn't move at all for an hour, I would say that the phone froze. Other people might say that it could have moved when you weren't looking and you were impatient, so it's your fault. What are the odds that the progress circle moves to the same spot everytime I look at it, maybe
    1 in 874,319,749,836,743,986,479,064,701,864,879,698,74 2. The really funny thing would be if that was true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keatonreckard View Post
    cydia 2.0 > installer 4

Sure installer 4 is flashy. But I won't be Happy til there is cracked appstore repos
    I'll wait till they are both out and I've actually used them side by side before I judge them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (08-07-2008), zauriel (08-07-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree and chapelfreak that sounds like it's you're phone only that doesn't mean cydia sucks it just doesn't work for you for some reason and just like dash-2 I will wait for the new installer comes out to judge them again because I compared cydia to installer the old one. So let's see what happens

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

chapel freak, you are trying to compare a older, polish version of installer to a freshly coded cydia: its just not a fair comparison

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good that installer will be included. I never used cydia and I like installer. We'll finally get to see which is better.

I just may jailbreak soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Cash, PF, anyone?
    you guys still make everyone view "and read" a page of info about rules of this site and appropriate posting guidelines?

i remember that thing. i actually read it.
    forgot alot of it too.

maybe you guys could add some stuff about how things work (from a dev perspective) and what goes into these FREE hacks and programs.

then instead of letting them jump right in to the forums after they finish "reading" it
    take them straight to a questionaire requiring them to answer a certain amount of questions about the previous page correctly.

if they pass, membership.
    if they fail, deny em.
    or even better charge em and put a paying member sign under their name so we show them courtesy when they ask 15 times over four posts,
    " i ToTaLlY jAcKeD mY iPhOnE, Yo!!!!, soMeOne HelPZZZZ ME!!!!"
    or
    "when is the g3 1st gen 32gb iphone gonna be unlocked? email me, i need help!"

just a thought.
    hope it made ya laugh at least.

kudos dash, statement of the month!
    "i will wait and compare them both!"
    genius.
    wish everyone was like that!

i think installer loads way slow, but the new one may not.
    cydia loads in the background and has fixed not being able to add sources.

this could be a tie!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 08-07-2008 at 09:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can't wait for this release !! But might wait a week or so to wait until all the installer bugs get fixed

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    you guys still make everyone view "and read" a page of info about rules of this site and appropriate posting guidelines?

I remember that thing. I actually read it.
    Forgot alot of it too. :d

maybe you guys could add some stuff about how things work (from a dev perspective) and what goes into these free hacks and programs.

Then instead of letting them jump right in to the forums after they finish "reading" it
    Take them straight to a questionaire requiring them to answer a certain amount of questions about the previous page correctly.

If they pass, membership.
    If they fail, deny em.
    Or even better charge em and put a paying member sign under their name so we show them courtesy when they ask 15 times over four posts,
    " i totally jacked my iphone, yo!!!!, someone helpzzzz me!!!!"
    or
    "when is the g3 1st gen 32gb iphone gonna be unlocked? Email me, i need help!"

just a thought.
    Hope it made ya laugh at least.
    ^^^^rotflmmfao :d

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wonder how long it'll be before they release the winpwn version. Im kind of excited about this news but disappointed im stuck with PC's not a MAC

Oh and TattooJack... Bahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa