Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
1/29/08 pf update: This method uses the Dev Team's jailbreak method. They have now released their own Installer version of it on the ConceitedSoftware Community Source, so we will be...
01-27-2008, 07:58 AM #1
Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo
1/29/08 pf update: This method uses the Dev Team's jailbreak method. They have now released their own Installer version of it on the ConceitedSoftware Community Source, so we will be removing ours.
1/31/08 update: Regardless of whether you have ATT or not, say YES to hacktivation using this method - if you do not, iTunes will throw an error and not let you use your iPhone until you restore to 1.1.1.
Hey! So we've made it even easier to Jailbreak 1.1.3 using the Dev Teams jailbreak method. You will now find 1.1.3 Dev Team Jailbreak in installer, provided to you by the ModMyI repository.
Poetic_Folly and I have written up a package and tested it thoroughly and it appears that there are no issues running this Jailbreak from Installer
- Jailbroken 1.1.2 phone
- Newest version of BSD Subsystem -- version 2.0
- Latestest Update of Installer.app -- version 3.0b10 (If you are not using the newest version installer will not work on 1.1.3)
- Phone connected via wifi (its a large download)
- Settings->General->Autolock SET TO NEVER
All you need to do is find the 1.1.3 Dev Team Jailbreak package in Installer and run it. The rest will be done for you. Once done (about 20 mins - some reports have been as long as 50 minutes) your phone will restart and you will be updated and jailbroken to 1.1.3!
Refresh Your Installer Sources to See It
- I'm on 1.1.1, can't I just install this from there? No. If you're on 1.1.1, follow the guides to update to 1.1.2 jailbroken (and unlocked if you need it), THEN run this from Installer.
- I already did NateTrue's jailbreak method. Is there a difference? Should I do this one? You don't have to. Supposedly NateTrue's method will break functionality needed to support official 3rd party apps when they come out in February, so it is a good idea to use this method instead.
- Ok, but how do I erase Nate's method and use this one? You'll have to use iTunes to downgrade all the way to 1.1.1, then follow guides to get back to a jailbroken 1.1.2, and then run this script.
- What about Google Maps' new features? Do they work any better with this method? Just like NateTrue's method, this does not update your baseband, just your firmware. So yes, you'll still have the same issues with Google Maps not wanting to locate. The going method to fix this is install Navizon, open it and have it find you, then go back to Google Maps and it should work.
- Will my ringtones/sound/SSH/EDGE/mouthwash still work after I do this? Sure.
- What about my applications? Do I need to delete them? Will they still be there in 1.1.3? You don't need to delete them, but you will need to reinstall them when you get to 1.1.3. NOTE: SummerBoard and Customize don't work with 1.1.3 yet.
- Does this method clean out that 185 MB restore file it downloads? No. You'll need to delete it still once you get to 1.1.3.
THIS IS THE DEV TEAMS METHOD so the normal issues are there, some ppl it hangs at the end. IF you want to watch a log of whats going in while you are on 1.1.2 ssh in and run /Applications/Installer.app/Installer then use installer on your iphone to run the jailbreak. You will see a log of whats going on in the ssh window.
When completed and on 1.1.3 only if you having a problem syncing use scp to copy over syncfix.sh file from this archive to / directory of your iphone. The ssh in and run syncfix.sh. Your syncing problem will be fixed.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:
acidburn (01-28-2008), buddyisonfire (01-27-2008), CaryDude (01-27-2008), EZO (01-27-2008), falcon72 (01-30-2008), HKiller9123 (01-27-2008), HOSKINGJ (01-31-2008), Kanin (02-04-2008), mariomejias (01-28-2008), mikenoecker (01-27-2008), mike_carter1 (01-27-2008), MODTHEIPHONENOW (01-28-2008), optimusdarko (01-28-2008), skiddhard (01-31-2008), stat_rosa (01-27-2008), tommy0486 (01-27-2008), towerofpisa (01-27-2008)
01-27-2008, 08:14 AM #2
01-27-2008, 08:15 AM #3
This well work fine on ipod touch too I suppose?
Last edited by Ferretboy; 01-27-2008 at 09:27 AM.
01-27-2008, 08:16 AM #4
01-27-2008, 08:16 AM #5
This is a fantastic development. I can't think of any other gadget that has such a big following. With th SDk coming soon, we will really be able to make use of the power of the Iphone. Kick ***!!!
01-27-2008, 08:17 AM #6
...But your still screwed if you have a OTB 1.1.3 iPhone, right?
01-27-2008, 08:19 AM #7
Im trying to find out, if we already updated to 1.1.3 with natetrues method do we have to downgrade to 1.1.1 then start over for one.
As well is there any advantage to going to team devs method or should we just stick with natetrues method?
01-27-2008, 08:21 AM #8
Should we uninstall the 3rd party apps before doing this update?
The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneaddict For This Useful Post:
01-27-2008, 08:22 AM #9
Awesome job guys!
My phone isnt jailbroken as of right now, but I will downgrade and test this!Proud MMi Retired Moderator.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trent J. For This Useful Post:
01-27-2008, 08:23 AM #10
Hi guys, does the installer still work after you have installed 1.1.3. can so one please confim this please
01-27-2008, 08:25 AM #11
if you updated installer b4 jailbreaking it appears to work fine.
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM #12
hey guys so should we uninstall all 3rd party apps before jailbreak?
The Following User Says Thank You to hybrid_fx2 For This Useful Post:
01-27-2008, 08:28 AM #13
So I have to upgrade to 1.1.2 jailbreak then do it?
I can't just use my 1.1.1 jailbroken
01-27-2008, 08:28 AM #14
01-27-2008, 08:31 AM #15
Sorry, cant find it under installer, i have modmyi as a source but it is not listing it when I refresh.
The Following User Says Thank You to bosco0633 For This Useful Post:
01-27-2008, 08:31 AM #16
doing this now. will post results. 9:25 am
still waiting for installer to install package 9:42 am
Still at about 80% installing package 9:50 am
Still waiting 80% 10:00 am YIKES! getting a bad feeling...LOL!
OMG 10:08 am phone rebooted!
Running 1.1.3 and still unlocked on t-mobile.
Last edited by kingkong; 01-27-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: change
The Following User Says Thank You to kingkong For This Useful Post:
01-27-2008, 08:31 AM #17
The Following User Says Thank You to t4t5 For This Useful Post:
01-27-2008, 08:35 AM #18
you will see this in installer in approximately 20 mins.
01-27-2008, 08:35 AM #19
I cant find the 1.1.3 Dev Team Jailbreak package in installer?:S...nnvvmm
01-27-2008, 08:38 AM #20
Do the new way work on ipod touch ?