+ Reply
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
1. thanks to ALL people who worked hard for this new jailbreak, keep going on!!! an don't get in dispute, we'll also need you in future!!! THANKS !!! 2. although
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1. thanks to ALL people who worked hard for this new jailbreak, keep going on!!! an don't get in dispute, we'll also need you in future!!! THANKS !!!

2. although i don't see a reason for updating to 1.1.3 by now. there are many reports of "endless rebooting"-iphones, sync-issues and more... my 1.1.2 iphone works flawlessly with locate-me and springboard and other useful apps... so where are the killer-features of 1.1.3? that's why my decision is: "never touch a running system"...

just my 2 cents...

gogega

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Too bad mine is already kailbrolen using Nate's method. This one is a bit more fail-safe.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Banned
    Thanks

wow....if i wated for 2 more hours i could have had it this easy. but i did nate trues method. o well...it all works the same

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok I am going to post this as it will probably be a question many want to know the answe to:

Those of us who have done the Nate True method of 1.1.3 JB, is there anything to be gained by this "official Dev team" method?

Right now I have everything working as it should. The oly exceptions are cstomize and summerboard. Additionally google locate now works after the locate me app trick. the only thing perhaps I am not sure about is a missing 185mb on the iphone despite cleaning out all the install files.

So the questions are:

Does the Dev team method give more functionality? i.e. google maps working without tweaks?

Is it less prone to the problems reported with the Nate True version i.e. loss of EDGE and other pref settings, ringtone troubles etc that some other people have reported (I have not had those problems except the EDGE one that BIg boss fix worked )

Is ther anything in this Jailbreak method that adds important prepwork for when the SDK is released that Nate's doesn't?

Is there also this extra 185 mb using up space in the "other" section reported in itunes?

If the answer to any/all of these questions is yes, then it would seem the dev method should be the way to go, which leads to the next question:

If we already have a Nate True Jailbroken phone, and we want to goto a JB Dev team phone, what steps must we go through? Do we ned to downgrade to 1.1.1 then goto JB 1.1.2 and then JB? Or can we just run the DEV team JB over our 1.1.3 Nate True JB phones?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsrusli View Post
    Problems that I have after having 1.1.3 installed:
    the phone does NOT ring when there's an incoming call. It only vibrates.
    the passcode lock does NOT work.
    If you didn't use this method, please post in the other thread.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6453893 View Post
    ...But your still screwed if you have a OTB 1.1.3 iPhone, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by duss31 View Post
    hey everybody,
    so ive just upgraded via ibrick to 1.1.3 and everything looks great apart from edge that seems not to work.i type all the needed things like apn, username and password, but at some point screen goes black and that's it. iphone doesnt remember the edge settings.
    anybody has a similar problem or know how to fix it?
    thanks
    Try going to settings-->general-->reset-->reset network settings. That should work.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Updating from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 outside the US seems a bit risky...

Will there be an update or something so we can run this on 1.1.1?

Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

To do this do we need to have gone from 1.1.3 to jailbroken 1.1.2?
    Or can we just do it w/ a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone that has never been to 1.1.3?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwaschbisch View Post
    I started the download at approx 9:30 am and it is installing.......
    At&t locked 1.1.2 jailbroken uninstalled all 3rd party apps except BSD and Installer, i will update to let everyone know how it went and if all features from 1.1.3 are working
    I did update to 1.1.3 with itunes previously, but downgraded to 1.1.1 and downgraged baseband to get my phone working again, then touchfree jailbroke 1.1.2
    Phone just restarted 10:10am still activated with att unlocked the slider and got the edit home screen message!!! woo hoo......... i will test stuff out now....
    itunes store 100% working ringtones working, installer working, hybrid view working ringtones working, voicemail working, e-mail working, locate me NOT WORKING.... ill have to figure that out, you tube working, edge working..... the wiggly icons are working, the webclips are working.........
    try jailbreaking to 1.1.3 without downgrading baseband

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Hmm. To be honest, not sure.

alright, ill try it when i get back from soccer....ill let you know, cuase it would save me a lot of effort w/ terminal =)
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow that's sweet guys, good work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Top of page 2 is my timeline. all works fine. do have to install all apps again but no big deal! was on 1.1.2 unlocked, now 1.1.3 unlocked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

what can i say.....excellent!!!
    started process at 16,03 uk time and finished at 16.36 with the edit home screen pop up
    had a bit of a nailbiter tho lol about 2 mins before it finished got a pop-up saying i was running out of dusc space and to delete some photos or videos is this normal??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong View Post
    Top of page 2 is my timeline. all works fine. do have to install all apps again but no big deal! was on 1.1.2 unlocked, now 1.1.3 unlocked.
    but did you have to install all the little stuff like themes? customize icons? ect.........?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

Hmm. To be honest, not sure.

alright, ill try it when i get back from soccer....cause it (method i mentioned) would save me a lot of time w/ termial, lol =)

P.S. site seems to be giving me some trouble, don't know if its being overloaded, but some pages rn't being displayed properly and some don't even load.
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3rd party apps
    How is the third party apps situation on this jailbreak?

Does it break/remove them all? Do we even still have the ablity to use them? Are the old ones still compatable?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teriyakiboy13 View Post
    To do this do we need to have gone from 1.1.3 to jailbroken 1.1.2?
    Or can we just do it w/ a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone that has never been to 1.1.3?
    can anyone answer this ?? it would help a lottt

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So if I am needing to downgrade my iPhone to 1.1.2 and jailbreak, what steps would I take when it comes time to downgrade the baseband? I noticed that with this new jailbreak right here that you need to update it to the latest. Does that mean that my phone is already at the latest, or do I need to update it to the latest and how would I do that? In the tutorial on ******************** on downgrading the 1.1.3, it says you need to downgrade the baseband.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so i found this and installed it. however the download is not stalled about 3/4 of the way through at running instal script have a sandwhich. its been sitting there for well over 20 mins... help?

Banned
    Thanks

Does this work on the iPod touch too?