+ Reply
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 968

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
To Cash... sorry out of the subject but now we have jailbroken 112, 113. hardware unlock 112. there wont be a software unlock for OTB 112? just felt i had
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beirut - Lebanon
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    To Cash... sorry out of the subject but now we have jailbroken 112, 113. hardware unlock 112.
    there wont be a software unlock for OTB 112? just felt i had to ask..

  2. #22
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    thanks, I am still waiting to see if team dev 1.1.3 is beter than natetrues, so I can decided if I am going to go through all the bother of downgrading etc.


    Or once this app is available, can we reinstall team devs 1.1.3 over top of natetrues 1.1.3?

  3. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I have an unlokced iPhone on the Rogers network...can someone please confirm that this method will keep my phone unlocked on the Rogers network?

  4. #24
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beirut - Lebanon
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    @chesky
    this is an update and supposedly ur iphone will stay unlocked after the update.

  5. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneaddict View Post
    Should we uninstall the 3rd party apps before doing this update?
    yup..would like to know this too, thanks!

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    This dont update your baseband right..So to get the new baseband you have to upgrade to 1.1.3 then downgrade to 1.1.1 then 1.1.2 then use Dev Team JailBreak. Am i right... i just redid my jailbreaking to get the new baseband. I follow this method
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27454
    it took awhile but it works.. i just found out that vista 64 wont open the .bat file so i had to use ibricker .91 to get out of connect to itunes message. also i had to download and install java 6.0 to run the jailbreak.jar file.. i think im the only one with vista 64 here lol...

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to LaZARuZ For This Useful Post:

    mike_carter1 (01-27-2008)

  8. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    Im trying to find out, if we already updated to 1.1.3 with natetrues method do we have to downgrade to 1.1.1 then start over for one.

    As well is there any advantage to going to team devs method or should we just stick with natetrues method?
    Still can't find out if i can use it on a 1.1.2 otb updated to 1.1.3 from itunes. I've been reading all around and i can't find the answer.

  9. #28
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    ok, i had updated to 1.1.3
    I mananged to downgrade to 1.1.1 using the method posted on tuaw, then i jailbreaked 1.1.1 and then 1.1.2
    currently as we speak i am using this method posted here (not natetrues) and will post the results

    also my phone is giving me an incorrect sim error, any help in fixing that?

  10. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    it just showed up. I want to do the team devs update, but I have nate true. I just read the info on installer and says if you are at 1.1.3 downgrade to 1.1.2 first.

    Can I downgrade from nate trues 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 jailbreak, or do I need to go all the way back to 1.1.1 first then go up.

    I have confirmed auto lock never, installer and bsd up to date.

    I have not been able to find an answer if natetrues is better or worse or equal to this team dev release or not, so I am still considering my options.

  11. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    how is a 112 required if their is no jailbreak for it?

    or am i wrong?

    and if so... how to upgrade from 111 to 112 to 113?

  12. #31
    Green Apple bigvaderb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    does it need to be a working 1.1.2 jailbreak? like with service, cause i updated to 1.1.3 and i can't get the baseband downgrader to work in the 1.1.3 downgrade steps, so can i just use installer (in 1.1.2 w/out service) to jailbreak to 1.1.3 and will that give me service?
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

    Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g

  13. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default edge doesnt work in 113
    hey everybody,
    so ive just upgraded via ibrick to 1.1.3 and everything looks great apart from edge that seems not to work.i type all the needed things like apn, username and password, but at some point screen goes black and that's it. iphone doesnt remember the edge settings.
    anybody has a similar problem or know how to fix it?
    thanks

  14. #33
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by platinumpresto.info View Post
    how is a 112 required if their is no jailbreak for it?

    or am i wrong?

    and if so... how to upgrade from 111 to 112 to 113?
    ummmm there is a jailbreak for 1.1.2 using the okto prep method on 1.1.1 and then upgrading 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and then running the touchfree jailbreak....

  15. #34
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    So does this still have bugs like the itunes store not working and ringtones not playing?

  16. #35
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    whats with all this questions??? gosh people if you just got an iphone and dont know how to upgrade nor downgrade please dont spam the post with stupid questions!!!!


    USE the search : and look on how to upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

    platinumpresto.info dude look here : http://iphone.unlock.no/

    GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND and her sister SEARCH is awesome too....
    ( not trying to be an *** but please )

  17. #36
    Green Apple jwaschbisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Racine Wisconsin
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Downloading Now
    I started the download at approx 9:30 am and it is installing.......
    At&t locked 1.1.2 jailbroken uninstalled all 3rd party apps except BSD and Installer, i will update to let everyone know how it went and if all features from 1.1.3 are working
    I did update to 1.1.3 with itunes previously, but downgraded to 1.1.1 and downgraged baseband to get my phone working again, then touchfree jailbroke 1.1.2
    Phone just restarted 10:10am still activated with att unlocked the slider and got the edit home screen message!!! woo hoo......... i will test stuff out now....
    itunes store 100% working ringtones working, installer working, hybrid view working ringtones working, voicemail working, e-mail working, locate me NOT WORKING.... ill have to figure that out, you tube working, edge working..... the wiggly icons are working, the webclips are working......... sync with itunes working i tunes says that software is up to date!!
    Update, the maps locate me feature is working now since I installed locate me and used it once, of course as expected as soon as I reboot I have do the trick again. I'm reluctant to go through the whole restore to 1.1.3, downgrade to 1.1.1, then jailbreak and upgrade to 1.1.2 then jailbreak 1.1.3 again without downgrading the baseband, just to get that feature working. That is the ONLY thing I cant get to work and that seems like quite a pain in the booty just for that! If anyone reading this post knows of a fix for this a pm would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by jwaschbisch; 01-27-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to jwaschbisch For This Useful Post:

    chasev2 (01-29-2008)

  19. #37
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi, I upgraded using the natetrues method was facing the same problem, was not saving the edge settings, try rest the network setting, worked for me.

  20. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 36 Times in 9 Posts

    if you guys found a way to downgrade firmware 1.1.3 then i would say u guys are the best but until then this mean nuthing to me

  21. #39
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,473
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 6453893 View Post
    ...But your still screwed if you have a OTB 1.1.3 iPhone, right?
    Yup.

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    Im trying to find out, if we already updated to 1.1.3 with natetrues method do we have to downgrade to 1.1.1 then start over for one.

    As well is there any advantage to going to team devs method or should we just stick with natetrues method?
    The Dev Team version does not seem to break signing of Apple-approved apps (in other words, when apps are available via iTunes after SDK is released, with NateTrue's method you may not be able to download them).

    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneaddict View Post
    Should we uninstall the 3rd party apps before doing this update?
    Not necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid_fx2 View Post
    hey guys so should we uninstall all 3rd party apps before jailbreak?
    See above.

    Quote Originally Posted by KoNVicT xX View Post
    So I have to upgrade to 1.1.2 jailbreak then do it?

    I can't just use my 1.1.1 jailbroken
    Have to be from jailbroken 1.1.2.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    I would also like to know if there is an advantage to this over natetrues jailbreak
    See above.

    Quote Originally Posted by sebastienb View Post
    Still can't find out if i can use it on a 1.1.2 otb updated to 1.1.3 from itunes. I've been reading all around and i can't find the answer.
    You need to be on a jailbroken 1.1.2. Get there, and you're good to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by HKiller9123 View Post
    ok, i had updated to 1.1.3
    I mananged to downgrade to 1.1.1 using the method posted on tuaw, then i jailbreaked 1.1.1 and then 1.1.2
    currently as we speak i am using this method posted here (not natetrues) and will post the results

    also my phone is giving me an incorrect sim error, any help in fixing that?
    Start a new thread, thats an unlock issue, nothing to do with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by platinumpresto.info View Post
    how is a 112 required if their is no jailbreak for it?

    or am i wrong?

    and if so... how to upgrade from 111 to 112 to 113?
    There's been a jailbreak method for 1.1.2 for weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    it just showed up. I want to do the team devs update, but I have nate true. I just read the info on installer and says if you are at 1.1.3 downgrade to 1.1.2 first.

    Can I downgrade from nate trues 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 jailbreak, or do I need to go all the way back to 1.1.1 first then go up.

    I have confirmed auto lock never, installer and bsd up to date.

    I have not been able to find an answer if natetrues is better or worse or equal to this team dev release or not, so I am still considering my options.
    You'll need to go to 1.1.1, then up to 1.1.2. HAve fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigvaderb View Post
    does it need to be a working 1.1.2 jailbreak? like with service, cause i updated to 1.1.3 and i can't get the baseband downgrader to work in the 1.1.3 downgrade steps, so can i just use installer (in 1.1.2 w/out service) to jailbreak to 1.1.3 and will that give me service?
    Hmm. To be honest, not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigWalsh View Post
    So does this still have bugs like the itunes store not working and ringtones not playing?
    No. Not that we've seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by jwaschbisch View Post
    I started the download at approx 9:30 am and it is installing.......
    At&t locked 1.1.2 jailbroken uninstalled all 3rd party apps except BSD and Installer, i will update to let everyone know how it went and if all features from 1.1.3 are working
    I did update to 1.1.3 with itunes previously, but downgraded to 1.1.1 and downgraged baseband to get my phone working again, then touchfree jailbroke 1.1.2
    Yikes. Apple's servers are prob getting hit pretty hard, the download may be taking a long time. Let it sit. Order a pizza. Watch The Office. Y'know.

    Quote Originally Posted by impossible View Post
    Hi, I upgraded using the natetrues method was facing the same problem, was not saving the edge settings, try rest the network setting, worked for me.
    Thanks for the tip.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

    mike_carter1 (01-27-2008), porktart (01-27-2008)

  23. #40
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Problems after 1.1.3 upgrade
    Problems that I have after having 1.1.3 installed:
    the phone does NOT ring when there's an incoming call. It only vibrates.
    the passcode lock does NOT work.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts