Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiVTones (formely known as VideosTone) released for FW 2.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just tried editing the plist and it still does not work.

this is just great. and the support from them sucks too

Yeah I know... that is why I want to figure how the thing works... So maybe I can toy with it to make it work myself...

Default No mivtone??
    Can anyone help me....
    i install the Pwnage with Cydia but i cant find anywhere the MIVTONE....??
    Anyone knows how...because i have it in 1.1.4 firmware and i want it back

Quote Originally Posted by traveler9691 View Post
    Can anyone help me....
    i install the Pwnage with Cydia but i cant find anywhere the MIVTONE....??
    Anyone knows how...because i have it in 1.1.4 firmware and i want it back
    featured packages, then at the bottom?

anyone know if you need to create a plist for the contacts you want to have a video ringer with only the trial version?

was able to ssh and put multiple vids but if i can only do one vid for all my contacts.... that's pretty weak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

It won't even recognize my username and password on my phone

Yup sorry but only 1 videotone for all your contacts with the free version. If you want the full version you have to pay $20 for it....I think its pretty weak too. I installed it then disabled it and went back to my custom ringtones. I don't think this app is worth $20 but thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by Miss_Mindy; 08-21-2008 at 09:13 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so i know the trial version sucks but i was curious to know if you can change that one default vtone that comes with it to a vtone from your library? if so; can someone please explain how. thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoyOhFour View Post
    so i know the trial version sucks but i was curious to know if you can change that one default vtone that comes with it to a vtone from your library? if so; can someone please explain how. thanks in advance.

place your vtone in the private/var/mobile/media/videotone/video folder. After you place your vtones here you should be able to change the vtone through the setting app on your phone.
    Last edited by Miss_Mindy; 08-22-2008 at 04:00 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_Mindy For This Useful Post:

ToasterBoyOhFour (09-16-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me E-Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks

So far I'm not to happy with my pruchase of MiVTones

It works BUT!!!!!!
    1.) It sometimes crashes if I go to add another person under "MiVTones for personalize".
    2.) IF I get it to add the person/number under "personalize" it will not allow me to change the video for that person.
    3.) Their support forum is...............Well I'm not sure... It looks to me like a Chinese advertisement page, and even if it's not, it would be nice to have a forum with a language selection if that is the way a company is going to offer support....

They seem to have no problem with language when selling their product or taking the cash from people...

So far I don't think this is worth the 20.00, untill they get their ***** together and am sorry I payed for it..
    But I take it, that there are some people who have had no problems *shrugs*
    As for me, I'll give them some time to respond to my emails, then if nothing.. I'll be contacting PayPal for my $$$ back...

This is their supposed FORUM:
    Last edited by E-Dragon; 08-23-2008 at 02:19 PM.

yeah for 20$.. def. was not worth it... I can't wait for the new vWallpaper to come out, just due to the fact that it has the functionallity to do video ringtones... Right now as it is... everytime I get a call and MivTones does it deal... my video wallpaper running in the background though winterboard stops... Almost like its not wanting to release the video drive from MiVtones back to winterboard... I can respring and the video wallpaper starts back up... but if someone calls...

I paid $20,it's very stable,works great,hope it can directly read videos from Cycorder.

ok Im having trouble trying to register an account on mivtones.com it keeps saying invalid image code saying that the security code i typed in is wrong but it isnt..any help please..

Default Crashes, Issues
    I paid for this app, and it doesn't work. Also, their help forum is now down. I sent an e-mail to the developer, so we'll see if I get a response. But I'm posting here to let everybody know my specific issues.

Four specific, very frustrating, problems:

1) After assigning a VideoTone to my specified contact, I try to assign another VideoTone to a different contact, and the app crashes. That means I have to go from the Springboard > Settings > MiVTones > Personlize > Select Contact > Select contact's phone number > set VideoTone > Return to main screen for every single assignment.

It refuses to save the VideoTone unless the app crashes first. (So basically, I can't bypass the app crashing by hitting the home button). That's a lot of work.

2) Let's say I have three contact numbers for my husband, all stored under his name. So far, I have only been able to assign two of his numbers to a VideoTone. Selecting the third number does absolutely nothing (then of course, it crashes).

3) Sometimes, assigning a VideoTone to a specific user causes the Default to be changed into that specific VideoTone. So I'll assign Bob.mp4 to Bob, then 10 minutes later, Jane calls and Bob's VideoTone will show up. I have to go back and re-assign the default to the Default.mp4. Then of course, it crashes.

If I don't add any more contacts after re-assigning Default.mp4, that's fine, but considering that I've been trying to assign five different ringtones to five different callers for two days now, it's a tedious process.

4) Some VideoTones for certain users refuse to be added at all. Even after I go through all of Step 1 for Bob and get it successfully working, certain users' VideoTones won't assign at all. I have successfully set up VideoTones for Bob, Joe, and Stephen, but not Christy, Jill, or Tracy.

So this is extremely tedious and frustrating for an app for which I paid. I'll keep everybody posted if/when I hear a response from the developers.

My recommendation: Don't pay for this app until the developer releases fixes to cover all the bugs.

this app sucks. I installed it, when someone called me my phone froze, i rebooted.. After that when i hit the phone icon to make calls it would close and i couldnt make outbound calls..I had to restore the phone and jailbreak it again

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    this app sucks. I installed it, when someone called me my phone froze, i rebooted.. After that when i hit the phone icon to make calls it would close and i couldnt make outbound calls..I had to restore the phone and jailbreak it again
    If it is true,mivtones should be a virus.:P

Update:

The developers were very quick in replying to my e-mail requesting troubleshooting for the problems I listed in my previous post.

However, after three days of various back-and-forths, and their multiple suggestions, it got to the point where I had to restore my iPhone a total of eight times while trying everything they suggested.

I gave up and requested a refund from the developers.

I have to give them 5 stars for working so hard in trying to resolve this issue, but this application blows goats. Don't install it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm moments from running pwnage on my 2.0.2 (1gen) iphone as MivTones was the last attempted install (Cydia).
    Restarting Springboard (circle loader) was the last visible motion on my phone before I was rebooted to the pwnage icon (pineapple). Haven't been able to get past that since.

Oddly enough - when I plug my iphone into a mac (battery was low to begin with), iPhoto launches and I can get at my stored photos - the same with iTunes. I can access the iphone. So weird. Screen on iphone is stuck on pwnage logo, but the device seems to be showing up on macs.

Gonna try calling myselff and see how really accessible it is. After that, borking the damn thing and avoiding trying out new apps.

MiVTones ( 2.1.3 vip) support firmware 2.0.2
    Last edited by bclog; 09-10-2008 at 11:27 AM.

great program!! Bravo!!

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    I have purchased MiVtones, not because I wanted the full version, but because the creator/develop deserves something for all of his hard work and time spent on this. Most of you on this forum are very cheap, selfish, and frugal. You call iFoneTec greedy for charging for the FULL version, when you can get the program for free. You people are the greedy ones, wanting everything for free. You have to understand that people's hard work must amount to something...$20 isn't a lot of money, guys. If you think it is, you need a reality check. I spend $20 for dinner every night, big ******* deal. I'd love to see many of you stop complaining and just start thanking people for their work. Have a nice day
    Hey I just bought the full version. I have absolutely no idea how to get the full version. Could you please help me out?

The email I received from them stated something about adding a website source to the installer. I tried adding it to Cydia sources, but I got an error message. Please help

Thanks in advance

D

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast