Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiVTones (formely known as VideosTone) released for FW 2.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tried 3 personal email account and nothing I try yahoo and I have a quick respond setup the account and ready to go. so sign for a yahoo account

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    I have purchased MiVtones, not because I wanted the full version, but because the creator/develop deserves something for all of his hard work and time spent on this. Most of you on this forum are very cheap, selfish, and frugal. You call iFoneTec greedy for charging for the FULL version, when you can get the program for free. You people are the greedy ones, wanting everything for free. You have to understand that people's hard work must amount to something...$20 isn't a lot of money, guys. If you think it is, you need a reality check. I spend $20 for dinner every night, big ******* deal. I'd love to see many of you stop complaining and just start thanking people for their work. Have a nice day
    Yes, however you are missing a few things. There is a lot more money to be generated by having a lower price. Simple business. Take a look back through the posts just here alone. $10 is a very reasonable, yet profitable price point. Most seem to willing to pay that (and there of course will always be the " want everything free mooches" but they will always be there no matter what.) $20 is a lot of money, agreed holistically its not, but for a snazzier way to receive phone calls, It most certainly is. Therefore, the people with skills whom agree that its too much money, will find a way around it, and then they lose even more potential income. If they really want to go this route of pricing just get it up on the app store and out of MMi. I think donations to dev teams should be required not suggested, but gouging is a whole other thing.

And you believing that people who speak their mind about this dont appreciate the hard work that goes into developing mods for these absolutely out of this world phones, Is quite ignorant and wrong.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 08-07-2008 at 10:54 PM.

I paid the 20$ and it stil doesn't work.... Trust me I have been going back and forth with the so called tech people about why its not working and they keep sending the same response in different format... Don't pay anything until it gets working.... How about go check out their site and there are so many complaints that have been posted from people who paid the money and it not working or should I say letting them verify their "registered" account...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here are a few tips. Initially, it was working, but after I hard-button set to silence mode, there is no sound come out, but only video and vibrate.

1. You must restart manually after installed.
    2. You must set the volume while you are in preview mode. The volume you are using in view mode will follow for the ring tone, it also overwrite the settings>Sounds>Ring>volume.

It's hard earned discovery, LoL, I was about to uninstall this, then realized that some simple thing might be forgotten while we are fixing the problem.

If it is fixed your problem, then thank me

Quote Originally Posted by I_ssan View Post

2. You must set the volume while you are in preview mode. The volume you are using in view mode will follow for the ring tone, it also overwrite the settings>Sounds>Ring>volume.

great discovery. The volume is set in preview mode!
    Thx

Default Where is the rebuttal?
    Shouldn't the developers respond to all these comments with one of their own?
    $20 is not a great price point considering the product and how necessary it is for the function of the phone. There are great ringtones all over for a lower cost.

I paid $20 for the upgrade and it works great. Now able to assign videotones to individuals. Even allows different videotones for each contact's numbers ie- cell, home, work!

It took about 24 hours and iphonetec sends you a new password and you have to download the "VIP" version thru Cydia. Went smoothly.

Iphonetec should patent this software because this IS the future of ringtones. I suspect wireless carriers will be copying this in a year or two and people will be willing to pay handsomely for videotones, IMO.

Fantastic software, meh on the price.

Hope MiVtones works bugfree with the Pwnage 2.0.2 update, we'll see...

can anyone please host some videos on installer or cydia ssh is such a hassel!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not to be all parental about it, but you should really learn winscp, its really a great way to transfer files and such.

Default Source Error, size mismatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    has anyone got it to install i keep getting the error message source error size mismatch what am i doing wrong
    Yeah i'm getting the same message when i attempt to install it. I'm running the new 2.0.1 update & firmware pwned with pwnage 2.0.2. Any help appreciated. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by I_ssan View Post
    Here are a few tips. Initially, it was working, but after I hard-button set to silence mode, there is no sound come out, but only video and vibrate.

1. You must restart manually after installed.

It's hard earned discovery, LoL, I was about to uninstall this, then realized that some simple thing might be forgotten while we are fixing the problem.

Maybe you should charge us $20.00 for your hard work.

Just messing around. Again, as an economics minor (meaning not my major lol) i have learned alot about supply/demand and i will honestly say that the ifonetec's business practices were not very well thought out.

1) don't charge for something if you are not even sure it will work.
    2) don't just tell people don't pay for something till it works, therefor these should be beta accounts for free, that they iron out the issues they are having now.
    3)I am not cheap, i just wasted all my money on the 16gig and now cannot afford the apps (I am just kidding).

But i do feel that the maximum profit could have been reached through a random sample study. Perhaps allow it to be forsale for 2 days. in those 2 days make it FREE, and with it after the 2nd or 3rd restart force you to do a 2 or 3 question survey to continue using it.

Question like..
    What would you pay for this app?
    a)I want it FREE!
    b) $5.99
    c) $9.99
    d) $19.99

and a send button

This would have given them some feedback, and give them some ideas on how to market it properly.

And to the people thinking the app designers make no money on itunes, that is supposedly incorrect. That have a LARGER percent per app than itunes. (thats what i heard)

I will be honest, i am new to the iphone gig, but this is silly.

As for everyone complaining about the email situation, i too had problems. next day i got it. UNFORTUNATELY for me, i did not want to look at my small iphone screen thinking there was a lengthy process to sign up so I did it on my computer. Next time i attempted to access my mivtones app, it explained that i signed into my account from a different location, asked me to explain WHY i did it, and wants me to email them with ALL my account info, password etc etc with explanation on why i did it. Sorry, will uninstall before i beg for your app.

My final thoughts.... If cydia and installer do NOT charge the developer to host their apps, they should not charge us. who is losing and who is winning. The key component is the software to apply these apps. and they are getting only donations from select people.

With this, take your chances and add them to apple app store.. Wait, they wont allow it. Wait, you are going to steal from the app store and have someone else put your software on a phone? makes me not feel bad about torrents, and stolen licenses.

Sorry for the super long rant, i am just SOOO tired of getting shafted by these app companies. (mostly the app store for having like $10.00 games they sell at kmart for less) Dynolicious is a BAD ***** APP, and might very well be the best for the dollar. R&D is worth money, but please, don't rape.

phewww..

Angry MiVtones Far From Perfect
    Ok, so I used to have Videotones on my 1st gen Iphone while in 1.1.4 and it was my favorite!!! I loved it!!! It made my iphone "perfect" BUT NOW, with a pwnage upgrade later to 2.0 and installing the new MiVtones, I'm really disappointed. The videos which I saved from my old folder(when I used to have Videotones) and dumped into the new folder are all choppy, the AIF ringtones I saved play for a split second and go silent, or never play at all. The springboard background, enabled by winterboard, ('Realize Rainbow') sometimes will flicker in and out with the video and no sound. Its a total mess. Why is this happening magically???? Can someone please chime in. I used to love this program and I am very very angry. "I now hate this program so much that it flam flames, flames on the sides of my face, breathing, breathless-heathing breaths, heathing breaths!"

Help me!

I cant get this to work. I installed the prog and when i go to click on ringtone or video in mivtone it just crashes. Is it me or do i need to do something else to make this work?

shiamcbuff:
    reboot your iphone

I have reset my iphone, reloaded the fw, hard restart everything, nothings working.

Well.. After my first attempt at trying to verify my account. I couldn't get the verification to work. Then after a few more attempts I just stopped receiving the email.

So it's been a week or so since then. I tried it a few minutes ago & I got the email instantly this time and was able to verify my account.

I ended up purchasing it, got the VIP email within 5 minutes. Added the VIP source, upgraded my MivTones and it works quite fine. I was able to download videos, assign them, & set all other options without crashing.

So all in all I'm happy..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default its not working!!!
    Well today i'll try to install MivTones 2.1.0 but appears a litle message "Source Error Size mismatch"

regards

I was wondering if anyone who has purchased the application could SSH into their iPhone and copy the directory /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/inVideoShowSetting.bundle and post it for me to download...

I just want to look at the differences in the plist files from the free version to the purchased...

And if someone could let me know where the file com.ifonetec.incallvideoshow is found... that would be helpful.

I found it last night... but I can't seem to find it again...

Never mind.. it is @ /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences
    Last edited by djames04; 08-13-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

everytime i try to start mivtones, it says restarting springboard and i go back to settings and it still says not enabled. anyone else with this problem.

I did...

but with my mac I opened the plst file /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.ifonetec.incallvideoshow

and checked the item enabling it..

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast