+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiVTones (formely known as VideosTone) released for FW 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by pnmd you get one videoringtone for all callers. It doesn't overwrite any of your personal ringtones. BTW- sounds like you may not know what SSH is... i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pnmd View Post
    you get one videoringtone for all callers.
    It doesn't overwrite any of your personal ringtones. BTW- sounds like you may not know what SSH is...
    i know exactly what ssh is, but thanks for the condescension.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slowestcivic View Post
    I DO NOT agree with the $20 price tag and i do think they would make more money at say $10 but that is their choice, don't like it? Don't buy it.
    Exactly. The dev is losing money having it so high. Look at all the people here saying they will buy it at $5. He would've made a lot more money at a cheaper price. Oh well, its his loss.

Thanks

I signed up with 2 accounts with 2 different emails. Haven't recieved confermation on either one and that was around 2pm mountain time yesterday. Been 16 hours and counting. Sheesh!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try a diferrent email address.. gmail was the only one that worked for me

Thanks

Skrew is busy with a beta of vWallpaper for v2. Hopefully it will also include vRingtones.
    This will be a nice alternative to VideoTones, and I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper (if not free).

i.danstaface.net

Thanks

(100th post :-p) same here i have not recieved a conformation either...20 bucks i agree is too much, to be honest any jailbroken app should be free. I feel bad for people who paid/donated on 1.1.4 and thhen 2.0 came along and those apps dont work anymore... Therefor i will only purchase from the appstore

EDIT: I used gmail for my e-mail
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For those who cant start working "MiVTones", you have to HARD restart the phone.
    For me, it works after hard restart.

Maybe it is the free version, I cant increase the volume, heard to be very soft (1st gen).

Another thing is that the slow response while starting video.

The last problem is while earpiece/mic is connected, it assumes as video play and no sound from the speaker.

Btw, I was able to port some m4v files to the folder and it works great!

Over all, great app needing a few improvement, but it definitely not worth for $20.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone purchased this yet?
    And if so can you send me the inVideoShowSetting.bundle
    I want to "see" some things.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it just me or does this now not go silent when you use the iphone button.
    Its either on or off completly in the settings.

$20 it doesn't even work.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Will you guys stop complaining, once you learn how to write an app like this and put your time, effort, and money into it then you can set your own price.

Anyways, the FREE versions works PERFECT.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jonny202003's Avatar
    Thanks

This app is extremely buggy on my 3g iphone, when try to preview videos it crashes and when i enable it, it crashes :/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have purchased MiVtones, not because I wanted the full version, but because the creator/develop deserves something for all of his hard work and time spent on this. Most of you on this forum are very cheap, selfish, and frugal. You call iFoneTec greedy for charging for the FULL version, when you can get the program for free. You people are the greedy ones, wanting everything for free. You have to understand that people's hard work must amount to something...$20 isn't a lot of money, guys. If you think it is, you need a reality check. I spend $20 for dinner every night, big ******* deal. I'd love to see many of you stop complaining and just start thanking people for their work. Have a nice day

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jabbawalkee For This Useful Post:

brandoncarr (08-07-2008), hateItunes (08-21-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

they say one one full basket..
    if this app was even $1 i think they work make $2000 in the 1st few days... $20 just tooo much

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I agree with everyone else on here, eventhough I am not cheap. $9.99 is a reasonable price. The Dev would get more buyers and lest complaints.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

ok guys i have 1.1.4 8gig iphone with videotone.the funny thing is i use the cracked that they put out so i could put any videos to any contact free. u don't have to set up a acount of course cause is cracked what i did was replace the videotone setting with the cracked one sshing on ma iphone another thing u could preview the videos that u asigned to your contacts i have customs one's alot.but since i got my 3gig 16black my old iphone is out of service still on 1.1.4 lovely..so i just wait till 2.0 videotone is cracked i mean i love the app is gansta u see your videos when someone calls you ill..these some of ma videos i got...thundecats cartoon intro(80's)knight rider/voltron/movies batman/original)and of course me picking up my iphone saying (ayo stash pick up your iphone man)crazy right?so yeah $20 i don't think so........

he is right think about developers are putting time in there hands to make da iphone more better than it is with all these ill apps...
    Last edited by stash459; 08-06-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stash459 View Post
    ok guys i have 1.1.4 8gig iphone with videotone.the funny thing is i use the cracked that they put out so i could put any videos to any contact free. u don't have to set up a acount of course cause is cracked what i did was replace the videotone setting with the cracked one sshing on ma iphone another thing u could preview the videos that u asigned to your contacts i have customs one's alot.but since i got my 3gig 16black my old iphone is out of service still on 1.1.4 lovely..so i just wait till 2.0 videotone is cracked i mean i love the app is gansta u see your videos when someone calls you ill..these some of ma videos i got...thundecats cartoon intro(80's)knight rider/voltron/movies batman/original)and of course me picking up my iphone saying (ayo stash pick up your iphone man)crazy right?so yeah $20 i don't think so........

he is right think about developers are putting time in there hands to make da iphone more better than it is with all these ill apps...
    Engrish please...???

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jonny202003's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd consider buying it, if it even worked LOL

So far all atempts at installing, reinstalling and uninstalling were for nothing.

I've done everything and cant get it to work, it just keeps crashing when i do anything, enable mivtones, go to video/ringtones etc.

And yes i've tryed resetting and hard resetting my phone, so why the hell isn't it working?!!

Thanks

still no conformation email. 24 hours have gone by

Thanks

yes its true

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

we are selfish? most likely. We want something for free when developers have spent their time on apps that can make the phone alot better, of course we do. Maybe this is wrong but that doesn't matter. The point is that the consumers is what make the "world turn" in this market. Not the developers. You dont want it, dont buy it. plain and simple, they will reap the consequences. In software development, most of the time and money earned is in DEVELOPMENT. Not production or outsourcing it. These developers made a big mistake making it free in 1.1.4 in the first place. They expect for people to pay 20 bucks for adjustments and porting it over to 2.0? ridiculous, but bottom line is should we be mad that they are charging? NO, if you dont like capitalism then go to N. Korea. Should they be charging that much?? prob. not, but quit crying and wait for them to realize their bad business mistake b/c economics and statistics on the app market share and prices will really come back to bite them in the booty. ( I am also bored at work, and just needed to waste some time)

+ Reply
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast