Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiVTones (formely known as VideosTone) released for FW 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Since when has the price of an app not been part of it?
    Do you really want us to open 2 threads, 1 for info about the app and another for the cost of the app? How about a 3rd thread for complaints about the app?
    Thats why you get it all here in 1 thread. Saves filling the forums with multiple threads.

Most of the posts here are about the app. Either the workings of it or the price but its still on topic.

I finally got 1 email after about 2 hours waiting. but if I have to pay to use it then its getting removed very quickly.
    you only have to pay to use the advanced settings you can still use the basic settings without paying i dont see what everyone is all worked up about!!!!!!!!!!
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

$20 got dam..that is pretty greedy especially when it was free...props to the developer but i dont see me paying that ill just wait for the crack or someone mimic it for free!!

Well, I wouldn't say GREEDY as he put his time& effort on it. however, if he was smart he should charge less to attract more users. I have used it for few hours ... personally I'd buy if it was like around $5.

otherwise, for $20, he should provide video ringtones download.
    Last edited by minhwan; 08-05-2008 at 10:27 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is no different than a thread about new firmware or such, warning not to upgrade in the very first post and THEN having to weed through sixty pages of "help me I bricked my phone" !
    Im reading everyones opinions on this.
    I personally dont want the app, BUT I didnt know there was that kind of a charge either. Price IS a topic to be combined here. There needs to be some kind of guarantee for updates and such. 6 months updates, or say, 2 firmware upgrades worth of protection, something! Thats how businesses run and attract us. Sakes alive I bought my antivirus and it comes with one YEAR of daily definitions!

Just got my activation email after registering at 4pm Central. I guess iphonetec guys just woke up in Hong Kong.

Works as advertised! Someone called me and the default video ringtone came up. It's some guy dancing to some techno music!

Now going to hunt down some real videotones on MMI...

Found on Youtube, Coldplay - Viva la Vida iTunes Ad for VideosTone

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyruo-DWROA]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva la Vida iTunes Ad for VideosTone[/ame]

there's a high quality version on rapidshare:
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Thanks tTheBen! He has a few more videotones on youtube.

$20 is outrageous, but this app will definiteley make non-iphone owners extremely jealous!
    Last edited by pnmd; 08-05-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the app is a great app, i had it on my 1.1.4 and it worked perfectly, i signed up as soon as i saw the post about this around 5 or 6 and i still have yet to receive my confirmation email, so i just unistalled it, and as for the $20 i wouldnt pay it, if it would be around $5 i would pay it, another thing is if the developers are gonna start charging overpriced for apps, we might as well just save up some money apply for and buy a sdk licence from apple and start making our own apps and make em available for free for others to use.

again is a great app just overpriced, but props to the developers for making the app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just to have videos play instead of ringtones, I will not pay $20. It just isn't worth it. Not to mention it will also kill the battery quicker. I like the app though, just not for $20.

what features exactly can you use and not use in the free/paid version?? the site is altogether unhelpful
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    I've tried 2 screen names and still no verification email on either....it's been about an hour.
    I got mine about 3 hours after the actual registration. I guess demand is high.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAppShare For This Useful Post:

arashbah (08-06-2008)

If software gets cracked developers learn not to be rip offs.

If they made there software donationware they would make way more money i think.

Quote Originally Posted by anewkindofarmy View Post
    what features exactly can you use and not use in the free/paid version?? the site is altogether unhelpful
    thanks
    The free version only allows the same videotone for all callers. However, you can SSH whatever video you want. BTW the folder to SSH videos into is:

var/mobile/Media/VideoTone/Video

Why is everyone talking about a video ringtone would kill the battery? Unless you're receiving 50 or more calls a day.
    50 calls x 10 second video ringtone = only 8 minutes of video playback time.

BTW- iPhonetec, I think $7 is a good compromise...

i added the coldplay video, and it previews just fine, but when someone calls my normal ringtone just plays. can anybody tell me what to do?

Thanks

I keep getting a message that says FILED FOR AUTHENTICATION. yes I got the email back and set it up but same message.

Quote Originally Posted by jsajjan34 View Post
    i added the coldplay video, and it previews just fine, but when someone calls my normal ringtone just plays. can anybody tell me what to do?
    Did you click on "Enable miVtones" under settings on your iphone?

so with the free version you can either have a)one ringtone for all callers (does it overwrite your stock personalized ringtones?) or b) no video ringtone

is that a correct interpretation

yeah i clicked enable miVtone

EDIT: i got it working.
    Last edited by jsajjan34; 08-06-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anewkindofarmy View Post
    so with the free version you can either have a)one ringtone for all callers (does it overwrite your stock personalized ringtones?) or b) no video ringtone

is that a correct interpretation
    you get one videoringtone for all callers.
    It doesn't overwrite any of your personal ringtones. BTW- sounds like you may not know what SSH is...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    I keep getting a message that says FILED FOR AUTHENTICATION. yes I got the email back and set it up but same message.
    Check the link. I clicked it in the email and it had crap on the end of it and refused to register me so I copy/pasted the correct link and it worked.
    After it says confirmed log in and if it still doesnt work the confirmation link is wrong. Try again.

There is nothing different or new from the 1.4 version to the 2.0 version so why has the price gone up from $0 to $20? Doesnt make sence to me.

If Devs want to charge for apps then send them to apple for the app store. If they want to send them through Cydia/Installer then make them free or donation as Cydia/Installer is free apps there should also be free.

Dont make money of others creations.

Do you see me charging for jailbreaking someone's iPhone? NO
    Do you see me charging for installing CFW on the PSP? NO
    Do you see me charging for installing CFW on the Xbox360? NO

I got it all for free and I keep it that way. Sharing is caring :P

At least in the app store they can justify charging so much for a good app since the developers only get a small % of what they charge, where as here the developer gets 100% of what he is charging which probably explains why he put it on cydia/installer and charged money rather then the app store. i would pay no more then 10 for this and at 5 this program probably would have made the developer a ton more money by now.

People, this app would not be allowed in the app store! and since the majority of people are cheap these days the developer has to charge for the app. I donate to all the developers i have apps from and like and keep. I DO NOT agree with the $20 price tag and i do think they would make more money at say $10 but that is their choice, don't like it? Don't buy it.
    Chill-lax, everything will be alright

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast