+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiVTones (formely known as VideosTone) released for FW 2.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Seems that this will be the growing trend. gone are the days of dev doing things for fun and for the community heh Edit Poseidon: Grr!
    Thanks

Seems that this will be the growing trend.

gone are the days of dev doing things for fun and for the community heh

Edit Poseidon: Grr!

Thanks

Oh i was looking forward to this app.

Anyone even get the verification email yet? I have been waiting for 30 minutes now on both .mac and gmail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't think it's the complain about price. It's the matter of the idea this guy is thinking. If this guy is getting paid for this app, then guy who made the WinPwn should get paid from this guy. But I don't think that will happen. No WinPwn = No MiVTones
    Last edited by tacoda; 08-05-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josephali View Post
    Oh i was looking forward to this app.

Anyone even get the verification email yet? I have been waiting for 30 minutes now on both .mac and gmail.
    I've tried 2 screen names and still no verification email on either....it's been about an hour.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Edit Poseidon: Member wining about price.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 08-05-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    I've tried 2 screen names and still no verification email on either....it's been about an hour.
    same for me. still waiting for the email.

it was free and it worked so what is he charging for?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is garbage you can only use one video for all your contact the registration take for ever to go true and if there whant money sumit this app to the apple store if you are denied your are out so keep it free. Edit Poseidon: More wining. Stop it.

How many software do you have inlegal or steal like jailbreak is a steal software from apple so wtf are you talking about
    Last edited by jibaro3; 08-05-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Poseidon-
    I don't understand how price is not relevant to the review of a product. An over priced product even if it is great diminishes its value. That is why typically a review process includes quality, and price (or value if you will). How does complaining about the value of product not seen useful? I did not state anything about warez or stealing of the product.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

poseidon its not a fact of wining...its just common sense thats all..i mean would u pay 20 bucks for this? not to be rude but it is a freedom of speach world and we are just letting him know its whack that its 20 bucks.

Yes this thread is suppose to be about the actual program but what is positive about this when it was free before. No one in all 4 pages have said anything positive bout this..might as well just end the thread.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Free Country, Free of Speach free software. and i like one of the comment with out winpwn no iphone no modmyi

Thanks

I agree with one of the previous poster who said that maker of pwnage should also get some money from the developer(s) of MiVTones or any other app which requires jailbroken iPhone...Some kind of royalty fee should be offered to guys who makes selling possible...So charge whatever you like, but share with pwnage/Cydia/Installer devs...Or make an app qualified for AppStore and give the fair share to Apple for device/technology/store/market...
    Last edited by SERBIAN; 08-05-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It has more to do with respecting the developer and his right to charge anything he wants. The $20 is just a fact... but to waste people's time who might actually want to discuss the app and it's features or problems related to it's functionality have to read through what is now up to 4 pages of price discussion. Flood him with PM's or email him off the web site. This would be more beneficial for the general public reading through this topic.

Everyone gets freedom of speech as long as it conforms to the rules you agreed to when you signed up on this forum. No one has broken them.. yet... but I don't want this thread turning into a bunch of bad language and bashing the dev for his price tag.

I have spent hundreds of dollars supporting the devs purchasing apps like iBlacklist, Kate, iLog, Intelliscreen... etc. I know how much work they put in and gladly give to the cause so they continue to improve and make more apps.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 08-05-2008 at 07:02 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Well i decided to give them the 20 buck and still have not received an email from them. I have open a dispute with Paypal hoping I can get my cash back. These guys are running a very bad company....

I won't do business again.

Thanks

Poseidon, with all due respect, nothing is stopping people about posting about the apps features or problems related to it's functionality. Isn't it obvious that people are more concerned with the fact that it is over priced? I for one appreciate the fact that I didn't go thru the trouble of installing the app to find out that I had to pay $20.00 bucks for it. I know there are a lot of people on these boards that won't pay a dollar for a an app that is cleary worth a hundred but I think it is fair to discuss the price value of this app. I won't post anything further on the subject but I don't see a problem with complaining about the price. (or whining if you will)
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 08-05-2008 at 07:11 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

lol wow developers are greeeeeedy this is nothing special at all it does nothing and adds nothing to your phone. 20 is a joke
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't like 100 page threads of 'me too' anymore than the next guy. But I don't like censorship even more. I understand the mod's position, but I respectfully disagree with selective enforcement of unwritten policy based on the mods opinion that price is irrelevant. My opinion is that whether or not price is relevant is open to the community.

My $.02

iPhone? More like MyPhone hozay09's Avatar
    Thanks

As was very excited to see this app on Cydia when I logged in earlier today. This was one app that I missed! I go to register & then I see it's now priced at $19.99. yikes! Normally I'm the LAST person to complain as I do believe developers should be paid for their hard work but a lot of people on here have already shown plenty of good points.

Fun app & I enjoyed every bit of it when I was on 1.1.4 but I'm very dissapointed at the high cost & terrible email support. I too can't register!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

has anyone got it to install i keep getting the error message source error size mismatch what am i doing wrong
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Uninstalled!!!
    Bought the Iphone 3g on Friday jailbroke it on Monday!!!

Black IPhone 3g Jailbroken.

Banned
    Thanks

Since when has the price of an app not been part of it?
    Do you really want us to open 2 threads, 1 for info about the app and another for the cost of the app? How about a 3rd thread for complaints about the app?
    Thats why you get it all here in 1 thread. Saves filling the forums with multiple threads.

Most of the posts here are about the app. Either the workings of it or the price but its still on topic.

I finally got 1 email after about 2 hours waiting. but if I have to pay to use it then its getting removed very quickly.

A funny thing... It fails to authenticate the account it gave me but this is the error it gives "Filed to authentication you" HAHAHA
    Now who would pay for this faulty app... Not me, thats for sure.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 08-05-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: I felt like it