+ Reply
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.0.1 is available.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
very cool
    Green Apple
    Thanks

very cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I think im just going to wait since I like being able to SSH the apps i've cracked into my phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i updated. notice nothing new.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm just blown away that the itunes update left my phone unlocked, with the T-Zone hack still working too. What does Apple have up it's sleave?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

and when you upgrade it does change your modem firmware to 01.48.02 from 01.45.00! and when i downgraded back from 2.01 to 2.0 (jailbroken) my modem firmware stayed at 01.48.02! just so its known!

Thanks

Default great
    unlock it

IT'S MANBEARPIG!
    I told you it was real!

Device: iPhone 2G 16 GB
    Firmware: 2.2.1 Unlocked + Jailbroken w/ Quickpwn.
    Computer: Windows XP & Vista (64 Bit)

Green Apple
    Thanks

WTF!!!! I updated to 2.0.1 through itunes and i got a 1602 error message! and i've never even attempted to to jailbreak my 3G since i got it yesterday! WTF?!

now my screen shows the itunes logo and the usb cable. wtf do i do!? WTF DID APPLE DO TO MY PHONE!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm just wondering why yellow screen wasn't fixed damn liars

Green Apple
    Thanks

WTF! IM HAVING A FREAKIN HEART ATTACK HERE! I TRIED UPDATING MY PHONE TO 2.0.1 AND I GOT A 1604 ERROR! HELP WHAT THE HELL DO I DO! i've never jailbroken my phone or even remotely tried to!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    dont upgrade untill you hear from the Dev team. The way this firmware sounds a little fishy with the modem upgrade

Green Apple
    Thanks

well freakin too late for that! wtf is going on here! i also noticed itunes downloaded 2.0.1 twice and each one was a different size! WTF?! is apple being hacked?!

the first time it downloaded 2.0.1 it was 248,094KB and the second time it was 255,102kb. WTF!?

Thanks

wow calm down lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

i even tried restoring it with the 2.0 software and it still doesn't work ;[. omg i think im gonna cry... apple broke my phone :[. AARGGH WTF this is pissing me off!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idesideratum View Post
    well freakin too late for that! wtf is going on here! i also noticed itunes downloaded 2.0.1 twice and each one was a different size! WTF?! is apple being hacked?!

the first time it downloaded 2.0.1 it was 248,094KB and the second time it was 255,102kb. WTF!?
    dude, first just calm down... your iphone is fine and apple is not being hacked and it didn't do anything to your phone. Since most everyone else (including myself) have not had issues with the update it must be something else (i.e. not some conspirisy by Apple to wreck your phone). There are different firmware versions for the 2G, 3G iphones and iPod touch. Also are you on a Mac or a PC? Which version of iTunes are you running? Have you tried obvious stuff like rebooting or switching USB ports? Since you have a legit iPhone why not contact customer support?

Try directly downloading it from: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....8_Restore.ipsw

Then in iTunes hit shift-Restore (on PC) or option-Restore (on MAC) then select the file you downloaded.
    Last edited by imode; 08-04-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

for the people who upgraded to 2.0.1, can someone tell me what the exact size of the new firmware file is supposed to be? those who have 3G phones. (does this matter)?

i'm gonna flip siht at the apple store tomorrow. i swear to god if they don't have a white 16gb in stock ...

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    dude, first just calm down... your iphone is fine and apple is not being hacked and it didn't do anything to your phone. Since most everyone else (including myself) have not had issues with the update it must be something else (i.e. not some conspirisy by Apple to wreck your phone). Also there are different firmware versions for the 2G and 3G iphones. Also are you on a Mac or a PC? Which version of iTunes are you running?
    PC, latest itunes version, 7.7.1. why did itunes download the firmware twice? fcuk did it try to install the 2G firmware on my 3G phone and now im screwed?!

i would contact customer support but my phone isn't working and there are no phones in the house!
    Last edited by idesideratum; 08-04-2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

well, you wouldn't even know I updated, SMS still laggy as is safari and my backup took a good 45 minutes, said goodbye to cydia for nothing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i even tried restoring it with the 2.0 software and it still doesn't work ;[. omg i think im gonna cry... apple broke my phone :[. AARGGH WTF this is pissing me off!!!
    wow... time to put the toys away and go to bed... look, apple did not break your phone. you broke it. Also downgrading is not as simple as restoring from a previous version. You have to put your iPhone into DFU mode in order to do that. Search "iphone dfu mode" on Google to find out how to do it.

for the people who upgraded to 2.0.1, can someone tell me what the exact size of the new firmware file is supposed to be? those who have 3G phones. (does this matter)?

PC, latest itunes version, 7.7.1. why did itunes download the firmware twice? fcuk did it try to install the 2G firmware on my 3G phone and now im screwed?!

i would contact customer support but my phone isn't working and there are no phones in the house!
    Look... there is NOTHING wrong with your iPhone. Second, you physically cannot install 2G firmware on a 3G phone. It's not possible. Third, since the iphone can be put into DFU mode your phone is never screwed. The reason why iTunes downloaded the firmware twice and it was larger the second time should tell you something. Maybe because the first download attempt failed? Just download the firmware from the link in my last post, put the iPhone into DFU mode then try a restore.
    Last edited by imode; 08-04-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    wow... time to put the toys away and go to bed... look, apple did not break your phone. you broke it. Also downgrading is not as simple as restoring from a previous version. You have to put your iPhone into DFU mode in order to do that. Search "iphone dfu mode" on Google to find out how to do it.

Look... there is NOTHING wrong with your iPhone. Second, you physically cannot install 2G firmware on a 3G phone. It's not possible. Third, since the iphone can be put into DFU mode your phone is never screwed. The reason why iTunes downloaded the firmware twice and it was larger the second time should tell you something. Maybe because the first download attempt failed? Just download the firmware from the link in my last post, put the iPhone into DFU mode then try a restore.

ok good news... i deleted all the firmware files from the file that stores all the updates. i closed itunes, plugged in my phone, opened itunes, . redownloaded the 2.0.1 update again (third time), and ....it restored!!

sorry about the freak out... my family is about 1500 miles away, my roommate went on a trip and won't be back for several days, i work full time, every store sells out of iphone almost every day around here, and i was DREADING the thought of going back to the apple store to replace it.. thanks for your help imode.

i think what happened is itunes downloaded the wrong firmware since i used to have a 2G phone and tried to install that and then broke it..luckily i just had to download the new firmware 3x and try to install it maybe 8x and only after all that get it to work..

God this takes such a long time to restore from a backup point..

have we figured out why the iphone transfers songs / photos / files so slow?? I mean, i don't understand why it can't be similar speeds to a USB drive. It is so ridiculously slow..
    Last edited by idesideratum; 08-04-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I updated my winpwned/jailbroken/activated/unlocked 1st Gen iPhone 2.0 by holding down the "Shift" key on windows and selecting the new 2.0.1 firmware. Now I have an unlocked/activated iPhone 2.0.1.

Since the baseband is same, my iPhone is still unlocked. And surprisingly it survived the activation process also.

Cydia and all its apps were completely wiped out. All the cracked ipa's are still here, but would crash right after they are launched. All music, videos, mail, contacts and other settings are still intact.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did the upgrade on the 3G...lost Cydia and jailbreak apps as noted. Just an FYI: iphonelist.exe still can see some of the file structure...DCIM-100Apple which has your photos-and you can copy them, MXtube folder and you can copy saved YouTube files.

cheers,

Joe
    MacBook, MacMini, PC, Averetec Laptop, iPhone 3G

+ Reply
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast