Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.0.1 is available.

cadsii- what do you mean? I rar'd each file and everytime that I went to rar one it said that there was already a file with that name and asked if I wanted to overwrite it.. So I said yes, and then when I did my restore that was the file that I used, and everything seems to be running fine...

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Reception still sucks...going back to 1.1.4...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
    Reception still sucks...going back to 1.1.4...

Funny how different results can come out of the same software upgrades. 2.0.1 is by far the best reception I have had since 1.0. I immediately was getting an extra bar in my house after upgrading to 2.0.1
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    Funny how different results can come out of the same software upgrades. 2.0.1 is by far the best reception I have had since 1.0. I immediately was getting an extra bar in my house after upgrading to 2.0.1

dude your avatar has me ROTFLMMFAO every time i see it.

anyway, i digress, better signal eh?

i think i may have found 1 reason to switch from 1.1.4

just 1 tho.

Thanks

My iPhones are at 5 bars about 95% to 98% of the time when running on 1.1.4 FW or lower.

Tried the 2.0 FW on my 8 GiG and my back up 4 GiG and got mostly "No Service" or 1 to 2 bars. I was hoping 2.0.1 fixed that issue. That one was a bit better, I was not getting "No Service" anymore but 2 to 3 bars still ain't gonna cut it.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
    My iPhones are at 5 bars about 95% to 98% of the time when running on 1.1.4 FW or lower.

Tried the 2.0 FW on my 8 GiG and my back up 4 GiG and got mostly "No Service" or 1 to 2 bars. I was hoping 2.0.1 fixed that issue. That one was a bit better, I was not getting "No Service" anymore but 2 to 3 bars still ain't gonna cut it.

honestly i have been flashing/seem editing/hacking/etc... phones for a long time and have had every friggin make and a lot of models and reception usually varies from phone to phone based on design and type of radio it has.

this really leads me to believe that although i did state that i have an extra bar with 2.0.1 it doesnt necessarily mean i am getting it in actual signal strength. my personal opinion is that 2.0 to 2.0.1 signal difference may be more related to the software relating the signal strength to the meter that we see than actually providing me better coverage. i have yet to have had time to test this.

i can say that i travel a lot and have time to test the new 3G versus my previous 2G and there is NO doubt that i get nearly twice the reception with the new model. even if you take the new 3G radio out of the picture with the new iPhone you can still easily understand that the plastic casing will add to better reception over the metal of the original model.

anyway 2.0.1 whether it gives me actual better reception in the real world has yet to be determined but i can say that it was worth it just for the snappier OS especially when it comes to opening contacts, email, calendar, etc...

i guess it is possible that the 2G will just be better on software that was designed for it and 2.0 was built around the 3G? just a guess on your reception difference between the two firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    dude your avatar has me ROTFLMMFAO every time i see it.
    LOL. big fan of those movies myself.

my sig usually makes people think i am from Louisiana HAHAHA.
    Last edited by fletch33; 08-10-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

do those 3 files work for the iphone 2g???? or only for the 3g??

Thanks

I hope it fixes the stupid keyboard lag and safari crashes

Thanks

honestly i have been flashing/seem editing/hacking/etc..phones for a long time and have had every friggin make and a lot of models and reception usually varies from phone to phone based on design and type of radio it has....
    Motorola was my favorite, I still remember my 1st v3 that I bricked. Been a pro ever since... HTC PDAs were next...easy as pie. Memories...
    this really leads me to believe that although i did state that i have an extra bar with 2.0.1 it doesnt necessarily mean i am getting it in actual signal strength. my personal opinion is that 2.0 to 2.0.1 signal difference may be more related to the software relating the signal strength to the meter that we see than actually providing me better coverage. i have yet to have had time to test this.

i can say that i travel a lot and have time to test the new 3G versus my previous 2G and there is NO doubt that i get nearly twice the reception with the new model. even if you take the new 3G radio out of the picture with the new iPhone you can still easily understand that the plastic casing will add to better reception over the metal of the original model.

anyway 2.0.1 whether it gives me actual better reception in the real world has yet to be determined but i can say that it was worth it just for the snappier OS especially when it comes to opening contacts, email, calendar, etc...

i guess it is possible that the 2G will just be better on software that was designed for it and 2.0 was built around the 3G? just a guess on your reception difference between the two firmwares.
    I agree...

I just upgraded my wife's iPhone to 2.0.1. We have legit iPhone plans and her iPhone synced, updated, backed up, and works perfectly. I'm almost afraid to Pwn or hack it. I believe the new FWs (2.0 and 2.0.1) are still buggy. I wait and see in a few days. Maybe Apple put something in the new FW making it act up when you hack it. You never know...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Why DFU Mode???

I upgraded from custom 2.0,0 to custom 2.0,1 and did not enter DFU.

I created custom firmware 2.0,1 with Winpwn.

Conected 3g Iphone to PC/Itunes.

Clicked on restore while holding shift key.

Pointed Itunes to custom fimware.

Waited while Itunes did its stuff.

And Hey Presto.

Iphone 3g on Pwned 2.0,1 Firmware.

And no DFU Mode. So can someone please explain why people are being told to put Iphones in DFU mode.

Thanks

???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    Why DFU Mode???

I upgraded from custom 2.0,0 to custom 2.0,1 and did not enter DFU.

I created custom firmware 2.0,1 with Winpwn.

Conected 3g Iphone to PC/Itunes.

Clicked on restore while holding shift key.

Pointed Itunes to custom fimware.

Waited while Itunes did its stuff.

And Hey Presto.

Iphone 3g on Pwned 2.0,1 Firmware.

And no DFU Mode. So can someone please explain why people are being told to put Iphones in DFU mode.
    iTunes puts your iPhone on DFU mode every single time you use it. What is the difference you might say. You have an iPhone plan on your account. What ever restoring or upgrading you do, iTunes will always put the phone in DFU mode first before the process.

For the rest of us on T-Mo, Fido, non-iPhone at&t (pay as you go) plans, etc, once restoring or upgrading has been done, iTunes tries to activate the iPhone. Because the # is not an iPhone plan, iTunes will give you an error message like "iTunes does not recognize the iPhone" or "Insert valid SIM" or "iTunes is unable to read the iPhone yada, yada, yada". Therefore, the need to put the iPhone on DFU mode so custom or stock FW can be uploaded. Sometimes, iTunes will recognize the iPhone and that the restore tab can be utilized negating the need to put the iPhone in DFU mode.

Keep in mind that if an error was encountered while upgrading / restoring your 3g legit at&t iPhone plan account, you too will need to put your iPhone on DFU mode when iTunes does not recognize it...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 08-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks

Thanks for explanation. I was just wondering.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617