Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.0.1 is available.

If you do a RESTORE you will wipe out your sim unlock and activation. Then you will have to wait for an upgraded pawn tool or go back to FW 2.0 and repeat the upgrade process.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to w9cae For This Useful Post:

phantomo (08-05-2008)

Thanks

this is sweet... my first gen boots a lot quicker with this 2.0.1 update (which was really needed if you ask me... 2.0 was way to slow). and it still says "Ruud" where once it said "t-mobile" YaY (LOL)

who cares bout apps... my iPhone seems quick again 10 points for apple
    So how's that JB stuff working out?
    I'm still trying to get my 1st gen. into dfu mode

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydude View Post
    Whoops.. :-x

All and all, the firmware update does provide some reliability, and smooths things out. I'll try to tax it later on with running GPS and the ipod at the same time. In the past that's crashed the map program as the phone got really warm.

Like some people, I'm probably going to downgrade unless 2.5 takes care of this small patch.

What is the baseband thing I've been hearing about that might make it impossible to jailbreak in the future? I'm still new to the jailbreak/software end of things...

-Jon
    Northeast Robotics Club
    Dorks on Wheels
    My blog of custom projects
    My friend I sugest you start reading lots of threads about iPhone hacking you will need to educate yourself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to w9cae For This Useful Post:

thixtythix (08-05-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i need your help guys... well i upgraded to the 2.0.1 (restored method) and lost my jailbreak and unlock, so i then tried to restore it to the pwned custom firmware and that kept giving me error 6 so then i hit restore back to 2.0 firmware and everything was great but i still lost my jailbreak and unlock. then i tried restoring to the pwned custom firmware but im still getting error 6. what do i doooo now?!

anyone please?! im getting desperate, i tried restoring to 1.1.4 but i keep getting a error 20 message! i can restore to 2.0.1 or 2.0 fine but i can't restore to 1.1.4 or pwned custom 2.0 firmware
    Last edited by itzjonjon69; 08-05-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

its sooooooo boring waiting for the new pwnage tool update

Quote Originally Posted by itzjonjon69 View Post
    ok i need your help guys... well i upgraded to the 2.0.1 (restored method) and lost my jailbreak and unlock, so i then tried to restore it to the pwned custom firmware and that kept giving me error 6 so then i hit restore back to 2.0 firmware and everything was great but i still lost my jailbreak and unlock. then i tried restoring to the pwned custom firmware but im still getting error 6. what do i doooo now?!

anyone please?! im getting desperate, i tried restoring to 1.1.4 but i keep getting a error 20 message! i can restore to 2.0.1 or 2.0 fine but i can't restore to 1.1.4 or pwned custom 2.0 firmware
    I'm sorry to sound mean but are you serious? Really?
    First off, there will be nothing you can do until the Dev Team releases new ways to jailbreak/unlock the new 2.0.1 firmware. Secondly, you should've either waited or read before performing the upgrade because this is something many people have posted before. Your phone is not broken, you will just have to do without a jailbroken phone for awhile.
    Third, search the forums about downgrading to 1.1.4. I believe it's possible with 2.0 (not sure about 2.0.1), but I also believe it is not as easy as it was before.
    Last edited by djrbx; 08-05-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itzjonjon69 View Post

well u need to uninstall itunes 7.7.1
    uninstall apple device support
    all these are in add//remove programs
    download itunes 7.6
    install it
    then get the phone in dfu mode...
    then restore it to 1.1.4
    then install itunes 7.7
    then upgrade to 2.0 custom firmware...
    i think this should work....
    Last edited by napster89; 08-05-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it me, or did everyone else see the agreement that apple makes you agree to? Basically stating that it's illegal to modify the phone either hardware-wise or by software. Um, okay...
    What?! Are you serious? Damn you better pm poetic folly and tell him that so we can shut down the site, we can't have people violating apple's terms of service agreement
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 08-05-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    What?! Are you serious? Damn you better pm poetic folly and tell him that so we can shut down the site, we can't have people violating apple's terms of service agreement
    hahahaha.....owned!!

Thanks

seems like it updated more than just my phone...

So how's that JB stuff working out?
    I'm still trying to get my 1st gen. into dfu mode

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruud For This Useful Post:

bretthartt (08-05-2008)

seriously is there anyway to go back to 2.0 from 2.0.1 i tried 5 times but keep getting error 1310 in itunes and apple cable to the phone... i can go back to 2.0.1 in dfu but for some reason i cant go back to the modded 2.0 or the origional 2.0 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Yea.... Thats the Best.. I mean worst idea I've heard all day.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Is it me, or did everyone else see the agreement that apple makes you agree to? Basically stating that it's illegal to modify the phone either hardware-wise or by software. Um, okay...
    That agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm in big trouble.. every version of itunes besides 7.7.1 gives a message saying that the iphone cannot used anyone else getting this?

Anyone actually gotten their firmware to roll back to 2.0 jailbroken? I get error 6 when trying to restore using iTunes 7.7. With 7.5 and 7.6 iTunes launches when the DFU modem iPhone is connected but the iPhone doesn't show up in iTunes.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just went from 2.0.1 back to pwned 2.0 by just using the old 2.0 firmware and doing it the way ur supposed to with pwnage tools i had no errors or nothing only thing is you cant restore from backup because the firmware is too old so you will have to correct all your settings and such once pwned!!!!!!!!

simple dimples! now just to wait for the updated pwnage tools then upgrade again!
    Last edited by thixtythix; 08-05-2008 at 04:04 PM.

FYI: My Belkin car charger/fm transmitter no longer brings up the "This device not meant to work..." message when plugged into the 3G with 2.01....and it still works.

cheers,

Joe
    MacBook, MacMini, PC, Averetec Laptop, iPhone 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I update my unlocked 1.1.4 and jailbroken tmobile first gen to 2.0.1, will it remain unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

read! No

anyone on here downgrader back to 2... all i see 1 person and its linked all over but no proof i cant restore to 2.0 i get error 1013 in DFU mode

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast