Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1082

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

I cant create a thread yet, I assume because I dont have enough posts. My question is do what is everyone thinking about the new dev team release of 1.1.3. I have nates 1.1.3 on my iphone now. It seems to be working just fine, but I am reading alot of sites suggesting that Nates is not stable for one and two, when SDK comes out, Nates will not be compatible.

I have also read that Nates is the exact same software, just install methods are different. They are both having similar issues so this makes me feel that they are one in the same. It is the long term what bothers me.

I have read install methods for team dev, and it is complex and not user friendly for new people like myself.

Should I go back down to 1.1.1 and start over with the dev 1.1.3 or keep what I got??

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    I cant create a thread yet, I assume because I dont have enough posts. My question is do what is everyone thinking about the new dev team release of 1.1.3. I have nates 1.1.3 on my iphone now. It seems to be working just fine, but I am reading alot of sites suggesting that Nates is not stable for one and two, when SDK comes out, Nates will not be compatible.

I have also read that Nates is the exact same software, just install methods are different. They are both having similar issues so this makes me feel that they are one in the same. It is the long term what bothers me.

I have read install methods for team dev, and it is complex and not user friendly for new people like myself.

Should I go back down to 1.1.1 and start over with the dev 1.1.3 or keep what I got??

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I cannot see how Nate's jailbreak won't work with the SDK but the Dev Team's will. Think about it.... They worked together up until Nate's release which means they were working on the SAME THING!!!! They are obviously the same jailbreak, except that Nate made it MUCH easier by building it into a custom iBrickr. If your phone is fine, don't do anything. You can cross the "SDK or no SDK" bridge once you get to it.
    Last edited by maXimus; 01-27-2008 at 10:22 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to maXimus For This Useful Post:

gorob (01-28-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tulik23 View Post
    can i upgrade a 1.1.2 version (was original 1.0.2)
    without a turbo sim ???

thanks
    yes u can, if your phone is already unlocked, it will still be unlocked with the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by dooley19 View Post
    yes u can, if your phone is already unlocked, it will still be unlocked with the upgrade.
    I have a OTB 1.1.2 with BL 4.6. I downgraded to 1.1.1 then jailbroke to 1.1.2 and now I have a anysim/china3gpp hardware hack which allows me to make calls.

Do you think it's safe to upgrade to 1.1.3 using this jailbreak or am I asking for trouble in doing so?

I'd hate to brick my iphone as I've already gone through hell to turn it into a native iphone....

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

as for my sms not working on other networks, i think I figured it out. I went to settings carrier. Automatic was checked. I changed it to my actual phone carrier, and then reset my phone.

When it rebooted, I suddenly got flooded with text messages. I dont know if this will effect others, but if you get this problem give this a go

i have the same problem as you..im on fido..which also works on rogers network, and now i dont get sms out of the network..it worked fine when i first upgraded..but not anymore..tried your trick and still didnt work:s any tips?

as for my sms not working on other networks, i think I figured it out. I went to settings carrier. Automatic was checked. I changed it to my actual phone carrier, and then reset my phone.

When it rebooted, I suddenly got flooded with text messages. I dont know if this will effect others, but if you get this problem give this a go

i have the same problem as you..im on fido..which also works on rogers network, and now i dont get sms out of the network..it worked fine when i first upgraded..but not anymore..tried your trick and still didnt work:s any tips?

Yessssssssssssss
    It Worked Like Magic It Only Took Me 21 Minutes To Do So.... I Freaking Love Nate True!!!!!!

But I Dont Know Why I Upgraded Lol I Cant Use Anything Anymore I Still Have To Wait For The Apps To Come Out Soon.... But My Phone Is Still Unlocked!!!

I Had A 1.1.1 By The Way Guys....

Kurdish Pride

My upgrade worked great with everything working, including all of the apps. Only thing is, I still have a substantial amount of "Other" space being used (~300mb). I don't think image is there as I can't find it in root (or anywhere else) so is there any other place people can think of where I am losing space. I did the BossTool tweak but that should only account for 20MB right?

I have a random 197 mb of space used up by "other". I used the soft upgrade cleaner.
    How can I ssh into the phone and delete the file necessary to free up that space?
    Ive never used SSH and I would also need to know the name of the file to delete

Default wait or not to wait
    what do you think is the best wait until the sdk to come out next month before i upgrade my at&t with apps iphone 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 and can you tell me how to do that thanks for everything .

I used this way until the SDK comes out
    And depending if this way can use the SDK or not then ill just switch if it doesnt. And if it does then Ill just stay where Im at

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Admin: this is important

If you can't get EDGE settings to save (T-Mobile US) do this; I got this tip from "mythrandiir" over at hackintosh:

"Settings ->

General ->

Reset->

Reset Network settings

Phone restarts, then enter apn.

Location in maps not working, everything else is fine so far. Have to uninstall and reinstall all my apps, but whatever."

It worked for me.
    Last edited by discostar; 01-29-2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default bricked iphone?
    i had a jailbroken 1.1.1 ........while i was doing the upgrade to 1.1.3..i got a phone call..it was still uploading...it looked like everything was ok...now my phone only turns on to the apple logo...damn...do i have a bricked phone? whats the deal...what should i do......

i have a jb 1.1.1 and wanted to try out nates 1.1.3 and the update went smooth however, when i installed locate me, i get the error that it is trying to find cell number... edge is working where i can send text messages and wifi is also working fine but it couldnt find me. tried rebooting the phone as suggested and run locate me but no cigar.

I tried the other version of navison and tried running that and mentions that i t cant find a wifi or cell tower..

i would understand if it cant find edge as i dont a subscription to this service..just txt messages.

But these programs should work with at least wifi.

What could be the problem?

Once again, i have a JB 1.1.1 with 3.9 and updated with nates 1.1.3.

thanks

i have a mac and the file they giving me firmware 1.1.2 won't update in my itunes. what do i need to do? i need a firmware for mac, somebody please help

i have a mac and the file they giving me firmware 1.1.2 won't update in my itunes. what do i need to do? i need a firmware for mac, somebody please help

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

I just used the ibickr upgrade from a jailbroken 1.1.1 and after doing the soft update the phone will not bootup. It is stuck at the apple logo. I have shutdown and restarted the phone many times but nothing happens.

hey u didn't update to 1.1.2 before u did 1.1.3

Apparently the method i used 1.1.1 is doable. Even when the software detected my phone it said that my phone was eligable for the update

Supposedly, 1.1.1 is safe, but a lot of people have problems with that, so next time, I would reccommend 1.1.2...

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 LastLast