Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1082

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

So let me get this right. If you have AT&T and you use this jail break method Apps wont work, Google's find me wont work, and possibly you will have no service.

So you can move around your icons and make them wiggle, thats about it? Yeah, i'll wait for the rest of the devs to release it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Default NERVGAS 1.1.3 jailbreak released
    NervGas just released 1.1.3 jailbreak

http://rapid$hare.com/files/86938563/Jailbreak-1.1.3.tar.gz.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone barrygeorge002's Avatar
    Thanks

read last post. Im on att and everything is great.

Thanks

Ive had all kinds of troule over the last few days and have had a really hard time with downgfrading and then after jb and upgrade getting phone to work. But found great instuctions at

http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html

to downgrade easily without trying to "quickly" hit a wifi network to jailbreak afyer the downgrade. and then follow these to get back up to 1.1.3 jailbroken

http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...k_windows.html

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by YodasMaster View Post
    So let me get this right. If you have AT&T and you use this jail break method Apps wont work, Google's find me wont work, and possibly you will have no service.

So you can move around your icons and make them wiggle, thats about it? Yeah, i'll wait for the rest of the devs to release it.
    Last edited by barrygeorge002; 01-26-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by xtianars View Post
    to fix the no service issue just upload a lockdownd into the usr/libexec directory using ibrikr or something then restart the phone and plug it into itunes
    thx, i followed the method of replacing the lockdownd file and it's fixed

Default 1.1.3 SoftUpgrade
    Hey guys!
    This jailbreak really works on:
    1. iphone 1.1.1 update to 1.1.2 using anysim and such "*****sim".
    2. iphone 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1 then jaibreak then update back using anysim ans such "*****sim".

Note: this jailbreak touches only the software perse not the modem firmware such as 4.02.13_G still the same after update, so no more worries, you can always go back to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 anytime you prefer...

Here are some app from Installer that works on 1.1.3:
    1. iToggle
    2. NES
    3. Tetronimo
    4. Books
    5. SSH
    6. iSolitaire
    7. iSlots
    8. iSMS(working but can't delete message)

Im still working on searching for other apps to work...
    Good work Dev Team!!!!!

Thanks

Forgot if youre on att you need to follow the instruction below

- You have a valid AT&T account and you need iTunes to activate it.
    - You upgraded to the 1.1.3 baseband.
    - You did the soft-upgrade to 1.1.3 and now iTunes won't activate.
    - You just want your phone to work and don't care about unlocking.

Then you need to upload the original lockdownd to your phone. After doing the soft-upgrade and where iTunes just syncs and doesn't activate, get:

http://therepository.binarytide.com/lockdownd.rar

Put it in /usr/libexec, use term-vt100 or ssh to do "chmod 0555 /usr/libexec/lockdownd" then reboot your phone. Connect it to iTunes and it will activate it for you.

Forgot if youre on att you need to follow the instruction below

- You have a valid AT&T account and you need iTunes to activate it.
    - You upgraded to the 1.1.3 baseband.
    - You did the soft-upgrade to 1.1.3 and now iTunes won't activate.
    - You just want your phone to work and don't care about unlocking.

Then you need to upload the original lockdownd to your phone. After doing the soft-upgrade and where iTunes just syncs and doesn't activate, get:

http://therepository.binarytide.com/lockdownd.rar

Put it in /usr/libexec, use term-vt100 or ssh to do "chmod 0555 /usr/libexec/lockdownd" then reboot your phone. Connect it to iTunes and it will activate it for you.
    Last edited by barrygeorge002; 01-26-2008 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YodasMaster View Post

No, thats not what I said. I put iSlots and Camera Pro back in and worked no problem. The SMB and Customize apps wont work, the two I really wanted and a box pops up, 1.1.2 only.
    Google located me just fine, but a block away. ATT connected, service was fine.
    1.1.3 worked fine, if I had known SMB and Customize would not be compatible, I would have skipped the whole shebang and waited....

okay, i upgraded my 1.1.2 jailbroken iphone. the process took about 40 or so minutes. there were long periods of waiting and i was getting worried but i just left it and the process worked!

i didn't uninstall the apps before the uprgrade. none of the apps showed up on my springboard. went to installer and they were all listed as installed. so i started uninstalling them one by one. then reinstall them. some apps worked and some didn't (bummed). the only ones i couldn't unistall were customize, summerboard, bsd and some other system apps. i went into my iphone and deleted i think it was called "log playlist" or something and when i went to installer, the ones i couldn't uninstall were gone and some of the apps that didnt worked before were now working.

it sucks that customize, summerboard don't work but i'll wait it out for the 1.1.3 version of those apps.

all the 1.1.3 stuff works. ie: drop pin, webclips, google find me, multiple sms etc etc.

i'm a happy camper.

i just have one question to ask and i'm pretty sure its been answered but i don't have the time to read through 60+ pages. when i go to itunes, it says i have 400mb of "other". what is this "other" and where do i go into the directory to erase this "other" if its not a necessary file.

big thanks to th developers of the 1.1.3 jailbreak. you guys are awesome. paypal donation will be coming your way.

and this by far the best iphone community i've found on the internet! thanks a bunch guys!

Hey Guys!
    This softupgrade really works on iphone 1.1.2 otb jailbreaked using *****sim. I'm using turbosim(bladox) and copycat turbosim too.....

Here are some apps from installer that really work after softupgrade:
    1. NES
    2. Tetronimo
    3. Books
    4. iToggle
    5. iSMS(but the delete option doesn't work though you can forward message but not saving it...)
    6. SSH
    7. iSolitaire
    8. Installer
    9. iSlots

Here are that didn't works:
    1. converter
    2. weDict
    3. LocateMe
    4. iWorld
    5. iamp
    6. Sendsong

will keep you updated guys...

http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo

this installer source helps alot, it has alot of things to fix the problems that most of you are having

worked for me
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prybar View Post
    @ the sr5

are you on at&t or using an unlocked iphone?
    With AT&t... if someone with an unlocked phone would like to test the guide be my guest as my bricked iphone i ordered off ebay has STILL not arrived... ): I really dont have any way to test for unlocked iphones as i do not need nor wish to unlock my phone...

I hear the newer 1.1.3 jailbreak has been released? Is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark246 View Post
    I hear the newer 1.1.3 jailbreak has been released? Is it true?
    Are you joking?

Don't be a comedian.

This is still the best way to do it if you have AT&T service, folks:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27454

Anyways, am I supposed to replace something for the *?

great. thanks.

any sim unlock on the way too?

Dev Team just released the official jailbreak. Anybody try it yet?

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast